Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mckinnie down

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Mckinnie down

You know what they say, depth wins championships. Hopefully we have enough.

Look at last year, the Patriots were destroyed with injuries early on but still won it all.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

briboy75 is offline Asst. Coach

Mckinnie down

in the 3rd preseason game, starter usually play about as long as our starters did. ease off tice. the starters need to play longer to prepare for the season. if no one got injured, no one would bbe even bringing it up.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Mckinnie down

Yeah lets forget about tice theres nothing we can do about that, but lets start thinking about bennett, it sounds like mckinnie is ok but damn did u see that hit that guy gave bennett he ran into him goin 100 miles an hour straight into his knees. We need bennett he was showing us tonight what he can do all season if he stays healthy he looked absolutly great. We'll just have to see in the morning.

BigEasyViking is offline Coordinator

Mckinnie down

Yeah, I agree that injuries happen! I really don't think that you could blame that on Tice. In my opinion Tice has done a damn fine job this year. Now if we choke for the second half of the season again I won't be so easy on him. But, tonight the starters needed to see that they could come out strong in the second half. Next week will be the true test though. I think that the starters will be in for most of the game. Keep your fingers crossed that we don't have anyone else get hurt.
    God Bless America, & the MINNESOTA VIKINGS!!!

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Mckinnie down

"briboy75" wrote:
    in the 3rd preseason game, starter usually play about as long as our starters did. ease off tice. the starters need to play longer to prepare for the season. if no one got injured, no one would bbe even bringing it up.

I am not disputing that starters usually play a series or two in the 2nd half of the 3rd preseason game, but there are certainly circumstances that come up, where it is totally not necessary. Let me ask this question, if the score was 50-0, do you think the starters would or should have been out playing in the third quarter? If you answer yes to that question, then you are mental. Of coarse the starters wouldn't even have been in the game for the whole half, if they were dominating that much. I don't care if it is the 3rd preseason game, and it is common for starters to play into the third quarter(even though I saw way more teams who didn't play there starters in the 3rd last night, than did), if a team is dominating like we did in the first half, there is absolutely no reason for them to be playing anymore, NONE. 330 yards of offense to 60 for the 49ers in the first half!

Again I say that if the game was close or if our starters hadn't absolutley dominated in the first half, then yes you do put the starters out there in the 3rd. We did the same thing in the third preseason game last year, because we didn't outgain the other team by 270 yards in the 1st half. I had no problem with that. This is a totally different situation. As soon as bennett and McKinnie got hurt, Tice realized that it was stupid to have his starters out there and he didn't even play his D starters in the 3rd because of that. There must have been a reason he played the offensive starters and not the D starters in the 3rd, don't you think?

Don't make this out to be a debate on playing starters in the 3rd vs not playing them in the 3rd, because I am not debating that. I am debating that the starters have no need to be out there i the 3rd when they gained 270 more yards than the opponent in the first half. Tice said before the game that his starters would probably play in the 3rd, but THAT IT WASN'T ETCHED IN STONE. I wonder what more our team needed to have done in the first half, to get him not to play them in the 2nd?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234