Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mckinnie down

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Mckinnie down

Yeah I don't understand it either. Especially with Bennett, he should only be playing a few downs in the first quarter of each preseason game. This is a chance for Onterrio, Moore, and Ned to get some carries. I can't believe he would take that big a chance with Bennett.

I am also starting to have some doubts about Tice. I hope they go away as we get into the regular season.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

Mckinnie down

Minnesota's Bennett, McKinnie suffer sprained knees
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Associated Press
    MINNEAPOLIS (AP) _ Minnesota Vikings running back Michael Bennett and left tackle Bryant McKinnie left Friday night's exhibition game against the San Francisco 49ers with sprained right knees.

Both players were hurt on the first unit's lone series in the third quarter. Bennett, a Pro Bowl selection in 2002, injured his right knee after rushing for about 10 yards. He was hit low on the play, which was called back on a penalty.

McKinnie went down on the same play. It wasn't immediately clear how he was injured, but McKinnie lay on the turf for a couple of minutes while trainers tended to his right knee.

Both players were able to walk off the field.

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

Mckinnie down

"sdvikefan" wrote:
    I am also starting to have some doubts about Tice. I hope they go away as we get into the regular season.
    I too am starting to have doubts......and at the rate we are going I don't see it going away, and I don't see how he's improved his decision making from last year (which he needed to do).

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Mckinnie down

"Viking_Spirit" wrote:
    "sdvikefan" wrote:
    I too am starting to have doubts......and at the rate we are going I don't see it going away, and I don't see how he's improved his decision making from last year (which he needed to do).

Finally some people are seeing what I have been talking about in the thread about our coaching descisions. I just plain have no trust in tice and his descisions in games. I hope he doesn't cost us wins this year, but I will worry about him, if we are in a close game in the playoffs.

Big Daddy is offline Starter

Mckinnie down

"Viking_Spirit" wrote:
    "BigEasyViking" wrote:
    Did they say what the injuries were to, McKinney, Bennet, or Irvin? These are all guys that we just can't afford to lose. Lets keep our fingers crossed!

[-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<
    The fact that these guys got injured in the 2nd half (where they should NOT be playing) just pisses me off. It's ridiculous that Tice put them in in the 2nd half. You do NOT play your starters in the 2nd half of a preseason game! If these injuries end up getting these guys out during the regular season, I'm gonna be pretty pissed at Tice.....I'm starting to lose confidince in him as a coach.
    I don't know if this matters but while I was listening to the game on the radio the announcers said that All the starters were begging Tice to let them play in the second half before the game. They said Tice didn't want them too but said "we'll see." I don't think it is fair to blame Tice for the players wanting to play longer. Was anyone else listening to the game that heard that? Other teams will be playing their starters in the 3rd quarter because it is the 3rd preseason game.
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel it s warmth!

thepacksux is offline Asst. Coach

Mckinnie down

I agree with all that you guys have said, but practicing makin adjustments after the half and coming out in stride is something that the vikings have needed to work on for years. They have a tendency to come out flat and now is a good time to work on it... injuries suck no matter who is injured for what team, but they are a fact of life, lets just hope they are very minimal and all will be good for the season opener.

Mckinnie down

It's football, injuries are part of the game and you have to deal with them...Tice isn't really at fault for that...

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

Mckinnie down

I have read several places the third game is time to keep the starters in a little longer and let them get it all together. Kinda simulate real game play. This is on enough sites, that I think it is common protocol. Last year Bennett was gone because of a treadmill. Look on NFL.com at the injuries in preseason. The vast majority of them are in practice. You just never do know when it will happen, they coulda also played the whole game and been just fine. If that is common protocol in preseason, and should really make our team better come the season, how is that bad coaching? BUT, I pray it isn't anything bad, to either of them. Both are needed.

Big Daddy is offline Starter

Mckinnie down

Look I'm not standing up for Tice but man would it suck to have everyone second guess everything that you do. Some of these post on this thred make it sound like he did something that was totally unheard of and retarded. 2 players got hurt, and hopefully both of them are NOT serious, but I just don't think it is Tices fault.
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel it s warmth!

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Mckinnie down

"DiehardVikesFan" wrote:
    It's football, injuries are part of the game and you have to deal with them...Tice isn't really at fault for that...

What did our offense need to prove in the 3rd quarter, that they hadden't done in the first half? We had like 350 yards in the first half, I didn't see a need to put the starters out there in the 3rd. Sure it is nice to see how guys adjust at halftime, but there wasn't even a need for adjustments. What adjustments do you make to an offense that had 350 yards in a half?

For the person who said the players were asking tice to let them play through the 3rd quarter: Sorry, but a coach has the final say as too when his players play and don't play. I bet Mike vick wanted to play more in his first preseason game this year against the ravens, but his coach told him that he would only play him one series no matter what. I don't care what the players wanted, tice is the coach and he has to so no, there is no need to be out there in the 3rd after what you guys did in the 1st half.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast