Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

McKinnie Breaks Bone In Hand

Left tackle Bryant McKinnie has a partial fracture in his left hand, but, despite the injury, he isn't expected to miss any practice or game time as the Vikings prepare for their preseason opener next Monday.

When you hear the term "broken bone in his left hand," most fans are concerned. When the player in question is borderline Pro Bowler Bryant McKinnie, panic replaces concern.

However, the announcement that McKinnie has a partial fracture in his left hand should be followed up with the inclusion that it is an injury he is willing and able to play through.

The Vikings don't expect McKinnie to miss any significant practice time or playing time with the injury and he should be on the field for Monday's preseason opener with the Raiders.

http://vikings.scout.com/2/555530.html

Dont every body worry tho...not a big deal IMO.Happens alot at that position, he should be fine.

also check this out...
    * There has been some national speculation that the Vikings might have an interest in Kerry Collins, who remains available, but the team hasn't shown any public interest in the veteran QB as a backup.

I find that very intresting, I wouldnt be against it...Even tho I HATE Collins.Depth is depth.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Re: McKinnie Breaks Bone In Hand

Don't they just stick the big clubs on their hands and let em keep playing?

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    Left tackle Bryant McKinnie has a partial fracture in his left hand, but, despite the injury, he isn't expected to miss any practice or game time as the Vikings prepare for their preseason opener next Monday.

When you hear the term "broken bone in his left hand," most fans are concerned. When the player in question is borderline Pro Bowler Bryant McKinnie, panic replaces concern.

However, the announcement that McKinnie has a partial fracture in his left hand should be followed up with the inclusion that it is an injury he is willing and able to play through.

The Vikings don't expect McKinnie to miss any significant practice time or playing time with the injury and he should be on the field for Monday's preseason opener with the Raiders.

http//vikings.scout.com/2/555530.html

Dont every body worry tho...not a big deal IMO.Happens alot at that position, he should be fine.

also check this out...
    * There has been some national speculation that the Vikings might have an interest in Kerry Collins, who remains available, but the team hasn't shown any public interest in the veteran QB as a backup.

I find that very intresting, I wouldnt be against it...Even tho I HATE Collins.Depth is depth.
    Whew...that's a relief. Except for the Kerry Collins part. We don't need him.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

twill is offline Starter

out of curiousity, i knw preseason is important, but why dont they sit him out for 1 or 2 preseason games and let his hand heal. its not till the 3 or 4th preseason game until where the starters usually get the most playing time

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

crap!

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Slade is offline Star Spokesman

He should be alright. Regarding Collins, I'm not a big fan, but I would take him over McMahon. Collins has experience and a good arm. I would not want him starting, but to fill in sometimes would be cool

Prophet Guest

It will make him tougher.

Del Rio Guest

I broke my hand in my first college season. I broke it bad had bone coming out the top of my hand and it was horrible. They put a thigh pad on each side of my hand and taped it. I didn't even miss a practice.

It made me better. I had a huge ass club to use now and it was perfectly legal. I doubt he will miss anytime.

He'll play, its a contract year for him
    You republican whore!

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

I posted this on another thread that mentioned the broken hand.

• Offensive tackle Bryant McKinnie left practice early with a partial fracture in his left hand but said he would return today.

Bryant was on the Huddle Up show on FSN North last night and the segment was taped yesterday afternoon (the host asked him how nice it was to have the afternoon off), he had no bandages or tape on either of his hands and looked to be completely normal.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast