Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: McKinnie

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Re: McKinnie

McKinnie played really well actually.

I don't know what you saw, but I saw him actually handle peppers most of the time, he did get beat badly once though. And peppers was trading sides most of the time, so he wasnt on the same person.

The superstar mike morris thought he took plays off, i was at the game so i really did not pay too much attention to one player.
    He also played against one of the best so you cant expect him to completely shut him down.
    It is also week 2 so you cant really get on him yet, the line will get better the more they play together.
    I dont think we need to worry yet, plus we won so sit back and enjoy it.
    You republican whore!

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

It was Johnson who had to match-up with Peppers most of the game, not Mckinnie...

And to be honest, Peppers reminds me of another DE Great....LT of the Giants.......

Not many players can set the tempo of a game on just their play alone, but LT was known for it and after watching Peppers for some time now, today only backed up the fact, he can also set the tempo of a game on his play alone...

We must also not forget, Birk is back after almost 2 full years of not playing, We have two new faces in Hicks and Hutch, McKinnie is what he is and MJ is only a 2nd year player...They are all learning to play together as ONE.......When they do jell, we will all be happy to be able to call them our own offensive line.....

And just imagine, Chester will only be better when that happens also, and thats a dam good thing for us, because Chester already is opening eyes around the league....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

FlVikesFan is offline Waterboy

"WVV" wrote:
    I'm not worried yet, it's only week 2.
    If he's strugling in 3 weeks then there is a problem.
    Well get ready for a BIG problem because the Bears are on tap and as tough as they have looked I wouldn't expect any huge leaps in his consistency.
    Hopefully he will be able to hold his own because next week will be our toughest test so far this year.

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

Im very unhappy with our OLine. I dont think any of them are lving up to the mass amount of money we are paying them. Its just an average line right now.

Del Rio Guest

Mckinnie has never been good at defending fast ends. Then again his position is the hardest to play on the line (arguably)

Never been that big of a fan of Mckinnie for that reason, he tries to make up for his lack of speed with poor form.

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Well, he did have Peppers.
    And I do not care who you are, thats quite a load to handle.
    Peppers was going against marcus johnson and that who he got the sacks against.Mckinie inly let up 1 sack i believe (he was going against another good defensve end mike rucker)I though he played well after all chester had 100+ yards

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

"VikingNed" wrote:

It was Johnson who had to match-up with Peppers most of the game, not Mckinnie...

And to be honest, Peppers reminds me of another DE Great....LT of the Giants.......

Not many players can set the tempo of a game on just their play alone, but LT was known for it and after watching Peppers for some time now, today only backed up the fact, he can also set the tempo of a game on his play alone...

We must also not forget, Birk is back after almost 2 full years of not playing, We have two new faces in Hicks and Hutch, McKinnie is what he is and MJ is only a 2nd year player...They are all learning to play together as ONE.......When they do jell, we will all be happy to be able to call them our own offensive line.....

And just imagine, Chester will only be better when that happens also, and thats a dam good thing for us, because Chester already is opening eyes around the league....

Ain't that the truth. A frat brother of mine (Eagles fan) has Taylor as his fantasy starter, and during week 1, he was considering starting portis, who we all remember didn't even start the game. And i told him Taylor will do you really well for your team. He kept him on there and CT was his leading point scorer. Point is, CT is making my job easy at convincing other people we are the real deal.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni

"Del" wrote:
    Mckinnie has never been good at defending fast ends. Then again his position is the hardest to play on the line (arguably)

Never been that big of a fan of Mckinnie for that reason, he tries to make up for his lack of speed with poor form.
    I agree.
    The Big Mac has never impressed me eithe when faced with quick DEs.
    But I wonder why the offensive coaching staff didn't make a contingency for Peppers, i.e. whatever end he went to, add a TE to double block him.
    Yes, it would impact on the play that is called, but i would think only on passing plays where JP is coming with his ears pinned back.
    He's one heck of a DE, but Johnson obviously had his hands full.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

Mikecarter81 is offline Coordinator

"CCthebest" wrote:
    Im very unhappy with our OLine. I dont think any of them are lving up to the mass amount of money we are paying them. Its just an average line right now.
    I'm suprised with as much crow as you ate last week, you'd be so sure to run your mouth this week.
    lets see Vikings win, CT 113 yards rushing I was very happy.
    I remember not being to run at all last year against this team.

Mike
    I am an avid Viking fan, but also am an avid restoration guy of vintage Mopar(Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth)B bodies

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast