Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

McKenzie TRADED TO SAINTS!

This actually wasn't a bad deal for the pack. They weren't gonna get a 1st for him, so a 2nd and a player was all they could hope for. Since the couch experiment failed, they needed to find another possible young QB, to take favre's place. JT is a good young QB, with a ton of potential. They might have just found their replacement for favre, that is if favre doesn't quit after this year. It will still be a few years before JT is ready. Most importantly, they got rid of MM's cancer to the team clubhouse.

packmanxxxi is offline Asst. Coach

I think it was a trade, and thats it.

He was a cancer. The three losses they had were AFTEr he arrive. Coincidence? Completely... but who knows. (I am NOT blaming the losses on him)

I would LOVE to have seen the Packer sit him out for 3 years. Didn't happen.

At least the Pack got a #2, and a prospect (at best) Not a #1, but better then nothing.
    3 Straight Division Champs

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Essentially, the trade was GREAT for the Vikes...no McKenzie back there means that Moss and the rest of the receivers will light up the Packer secondary all night when the two teams meet. It will still probably be a tight game, but this may be just the thing that tips the scales in the Vikings' favor...and as someone said earlier, a win is a win...and I will take that, blowout or not.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

SKOL_Master is offline Rookie

Sherman was in a tough spot on this one, but I agree he handled it poorly.

Best case for the Pack would have been to trade for a good defensive player - someone who could have helped them this year.

Instead, because of yesterday's QB problems they trade for a backup qb.

Packer fans should be calling for Sherman's head.
    c36083684f6cb51c68ec9ce28f2be935

gang_green is offline Training Camp

I have a lot of issues with Sherman right now, but I'm not going to fault him for this one.

Mike McKenzie is a prick that needed to be shipped out of Green Bay ASAP. It was reported in the WI media this week that other players suspect he's faking his injury. Basically....he showed up and got paid a half million dollars to continue his holdout and destroy the locker room chemistry.

Also...I was reading the Saints board this morning to find out what their thoughts were on this. Looks to me like they're pretty pissed....had a lot of good things to say about O' Sullivan.

vikingsalltheway is offline Coordinator

Another worthless thread about the damn packers. I am so sick of hearing about them. Its like we like them or something lets focus on our vikes and noone else.
    982be7163de23b12be0039fa7de5b166

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"vikingsalltheway" wrote:
    Another worthless thread about the damn packers. I am so sick of hearing about them. Its like we like them or something lets focus on our vikes and noone else.
    I think that it is just that alot of people (no offense) like to talk about what they hate rather than what they like...kinda like watching Springer so that you can have a feeling of moral superiority (or because your relatives are on the program and you promised to watch).
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

superior230bartime is offline Pro-Bowler

"SKOL_Master" wrote:
    Sherman was in a tough spot on this one, but I agree he handled it poorly.

Best case for the Pack would have been to trade for a good defensive player - someone who could have helped them this year.

Instead, because of yesterday's QB problems they trade for a backup qb.

Packer fans should be calling for Sherman's head.
    I also have a lot of issues about Sherman in other areas, but he handled this whole situation as best as can be expected from day one. McKenzie would never have played for us and would have milked his injury and collected his check until he was gone. Good riddance to an absolute worthless piece of shit (and this is coming from someone who owns a McKenzie jersey that will now be burned).
    purplepride.org: Home of Disillusioned Vikings Fans World-wide

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Actually, I think the Saints got hosed in this trade.

The Saints trading O'Sullivan is kind of like us trading Hassleback. He's a real spitfire, and he's an upgrade at QB over Pederson and Nall.

Plus, we get the Saints second rounder, and they are 1-3, too.

They get a guy who was faking injury so he could still "hold out" but get paid. As far as I'm concerned, he's the second coming of Ricky Williams, and the Saints can take him. Our secondary isn't any better with him than without him.

Even Michael Hawthorne said, "Sometimes, if you remove a piece of the puzzle, you don't have a puzzle anymore." Pretty smart for a guy who's nickname is "toast", lately, huh?
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

pudgesoprano is offline Asst. Coach

saints are 2-2
    Here s the most important thing: You can NEVER lose your sense of humor. Without that, you ve got NOTHING. (Divinci) James Belushi

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast