Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    TEXPACK is offline Pro-Bowler

McKenzie Still Holding Out!

There is a lot of time left before training camp is complete to work on the Packer CB position. I am certain the Packer's coaches will be working on the problem night and day. Who knows maybe a trade with another team or McKenzie may show up after the regular season starts. Either way the Packers will move forward. I am looking forward to beating the Vikings and watching Minnesota's annual football folly take place once again.

The Minnesota Vikings are the laughing stock of the NFL!
    Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will all be judged by only one thing - the result." --Vince Lombardi

SuperGonzo is offline Starter

"packmanxxxi" wrote:
    Also- if Walker is beating GB corners- what is he going to do against MN weak corners? Hmmmm and no- Winfield is NOT a shutdown corner in anyone's book outside of MN. He was rated as the most over paid FA this year. Hes good against the run only. 2 picks? Thats not a shutdown corner.
    Champ Bailey had 2 INTs last year.

Chris McAlister had 3 INTs last year.

Gonna try to convince anyone that they're not shutdown corners, too? It's hard to intercept passes when nobody has the testicular fortitude to throw the ball your way.

Last year the Buffalo Bills allowed the 2nd fewest passing yards in the NFL. The Buffalo Bills. . .hey, isn't that the team that Antoine Winfield played for last year? And they had the #2 pass defense in the league? Too bad they had an awful CB like Winfield manning one of their CB spots, or they could have been really special. :roll:

Oh, and PFW has him rated as one of the 10 best CB's in the league. Mike McKenzie wasn't in the Top 10. Al Harris wasn't in the Top 25. No other CB the Pack has was even worth a mention.

So what if Winfield doesn't intercept a lot of passes? He has 43 passes defended in his career, 40% of which have led directly to interceptions. Also, the 2 guys playing safety behind him just happened to combine for more INTs than 21 other teams had last season. Getting to go up against the best WR in the NFL every day in practice can't hurt him, either. He stops whoever he's on from catching the football. That's his job, and contrary to what Packer fans want to think, there aren't many in the game that do it better than he does.

Antoine Winfield has put the clamps on WRs that are a hell of a lot better than anyone Green Bay is going to throw at him. And that Brian Williams guy on the other side of the field? He's pretty good, too. Just ask Terrell Owens.

I'm not nearly as worried about the Vikings' secondary as Packer fans should be about theirs.
    "Just when you think you have all the answers, I CHANGE THE QUESTIONS!" - Roddy Piper

Visit The Daily Norseman!

GonzoDude, you have some very valid points. I just don't think that the Green Bay Packers offense will fear the Minnesota Viking defense or anyone else for that matter. I was thinking of your points and I started to think ya this guy Winfield could be great.

If he is great for Minnesota it's about time you all addressed the defensive side of the ball had you done it 3 years ago maybe you would have had a superbowl? I know you hate history like all the other Viking fans. Could that be because you are not mentioned?

Anyway, moving on past that. Do you men really think that a Brett Favre/Ahman Green offense will struggle against your defense this year? I just don't see them having difficulties scoring on your defense or anyone elses for that matter, see I'm not singling you out.

Packers 35 Vikings 24 in Lambeau
    Vikings 30 Packers 20 in the dome

Packers 11-5 Vikings 9-7
    Packers go to playoffs
    Vikings watch playoffs
    Packers laugh at Vikings
    Vikings say wait til next year!

End of story.
    Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will all be judged by only one thing - the result." --Vince Lombardi

No you got it all wrong.

Vikings 12-4 Packers 7-9
    Vikings go to playoffs
    Packers watch playoffs
    Vikings fans laugh at the Packers
    Farve retires and Packer fans say "there is no next year"
    Here s the most important thing: You can NEVER lose your sense of humor. Without that, you ve got NOTHING. (Divinci) James Belushi

rjkvikings is offline Asst. Coach

"TEXPACK" wrote:
    ? Anyway, moving on past that. Do you men really think that a Brett Favre/Ahman Green offense will struggle against your defense this year? I just don't see them having difficulties scoring on your defense or anyone elses for that matter, see I'm not singling you out.

Packers 11-5 Vikings 9-7
    Packers go to playoffs
    Vikings watch playoffs
    Packers laugh at Vikings

End of story.
    First of all, i think your offense will have a harder time scoring than you think. You do have an ok offense, but I think you are underestimating our defense. Second, all these predictions you people are making are crazy. If at tis time last year I would have told you the Vikings would win in the new Lambeau feild you would have thought I was crazy, but it still happened. Anything can happen, but I think the Vikings have a better team than the Packers this year so I will say that barring any injuries, the Vikings should be going to the playoffs with the Packers not too far behind in the standings(maybe even a wild card team).

You are right I am underestimating the Viking Defense.

You are right anything can happen.
    The Packers could sweep the Vikings.

You are wrong the Vikings will not have a better team than the Packers this year.

Injuries or not The Green Bay Packers play in January the Vikings watch and learn, again.

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

"TEXPACK" wrote:
    GonzoDude, you have some very valid points. I just don't think that the Green Bay Packers offense will fear the Minnesota Viking defense or anyone else for that matter. I was thinking of your points and I started to think ya this guy Winfield could be great.

If he is great for Minnesota it's about time you all addressed the defensive side of the ball had you done it 3 years ago maybe you would have had a superbowl? I know you hate history like all the other Viking fans. Could that be because you are not mentioned?

Anyway, moving on past that. Do you men really think that a Brett Favre/Ahman Green offense will struggle against your defense this year? I just don't see them having difficulties scoring on your defense or anyone elses for that matter, see I'm not singling you out.

Packers 11-5 Vikings 9-7
    Packers go to playoffs
    Vikings watch playoffs
    Packers laugh at Vikings

End of story.
    Yes its possible green and farve could struggle against them, much like what happened in week one of last year when we didnt have that great of a defense. Most of your 25 points came in garbage time and remember your an injury away from disaster whether its greeen or even farve.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

SuperGonzo is offline Starter

"TEXPACK" wrote:

Packers 11-5 Vikings 9-7
    Packers go to playoffs
    Vikings watch playoffs
    Packers laugh at Vikings

End of story.
    The only problem is that Brett Favre doesn't scare me. He doesn't scare any Vikings fans, since he's usually good for one Vikings victory a year no matter how good the Packers are or how bad the Vikings are (like in 2001 and 2002).

The way to beat the Packers is simple, and the Vikings' 2 games against the Packers illustrated the game plan. Ahman Green got 53 rushing yards in the opener last year. . .and because there was no running game, Favre sucked to the tune of 4 INT. In the game at the Dome, he got loose and opened things up for Favre, who threw for 3 TD.

Stop (or contain) Green, and then sit back and wait for Favre to make mistakes. Because he will, and against the Vikes they usually come in bunches.

Speed on the edges killed the Vikes last year. . .so they went out and got the best run support CB in the game, drafted the best DE in college football last year, and drafted a LB that's getting rave reviews from everyone that's seen him (not just the Vikings' coaching staff). If the Vikes don't get killed by runs to the outside, they'll be one of the best teams in the NFL this year, because that's the only thing that stopped them from attaining that last season.

The D-line is solid, the secondary is VERY solid. . .and the LB's are unknowns, but are definitely faster and more athletic than what we had last year to start the season. If the LB's can pick up the defense, there'll be a LOT of teams that have trouble scoring against the Vikings. . .Green Bay included. After watching the "defenses" that this team has thrown out there for the last decade, it would be a welcome change.
    "Just when you think you have all the answers, I CHANGE THE QUESTIONS!" - Roddy Piper

Visit The Daily Norseman!

Great points. That is a lot riding on "unknowns" as you call them. Your philosophy for stopping the Packers is right on I think.

I think the Packers are going to pound the football at anyone and everyone. Let the last mad man standing be the best man standing. Sherman has been moving this team towards this concept for 3 years. Green Bay has some very very interesting and potent horses offensively.

BigEasyViking is offline Coordinator

"TEXPACK" wrote:
    Great points. That is a lot riding on "unknowns" as you call them. Your philosophy for stopping the Packers is right on I think.

I think the Packers are going to pound the football at anyone and everyone. Let the last mad man standing be the best man standing. Sherman has been moving this team towards this concept for 3 years. Green Bay has some very very interesting and potent horses offensively.
    They do have a great backfield, with Green who is arguably one of the best in the league, and Najae Davenport. Who's backfield would you rather have though, Ours or yours and why? I personally would rather have Ahman than Bennet who are our feature backs but i think that we have more depth than the pack does, with O. Smith and M. Williams. I don't know too much about tony Fisher though. :tongue:
    God Bless America, & the MINNESOTA VIKINGS!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123