Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    packmanxxxi is offline Asst. Coach

McKenzie Still Holding Out!

Also- if Walker is beating GB corners- what is he going to do against MN weak corners? Hmmmm and no- Winfield is NOT a shutdown corner in anyone's book outside of MN. He was rated as the most over paid FA this year. Hes good against the run only. 2 picks? Thats not a shutdown corner.
    3 Straight Division Champs

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

"BigEasyViking" wrote:
    By the way SKOL, I believe that you are talking about Javon Walker? He has been smokin' the GB DB's the entire camp so far
    Him too !! :salute:

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Looks like we hit a nerve with XXX

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

BigEasyViking is offline Coordinator

"packmanxxxi" wrote:
    Also- if Walker is beating GB corners- what is he going to do against MN weak corners? Hmmmm and no- Winfield is NOT a shutdown corner in anyone's book outside of MN. He was rated as the most over paid FA this year. Hes good against the run only. 2 picks? Thats not a shutdown corner.
    I think that we did hit a nerve, maybee because he knows that it is true? ding ding ding. Just so you know there XXX a shutdown corner isn't just judged on interceptions, it is based on coverage and the abuility to take away recievers from the game. Hence SHUTDOWN! This is part of the reason why shutdown CB's in the league like Charles Woodson, Champ Bailey, Ty Law, and yes Antoine Winfield don't get that many interceptions, because the ball simply doesn't get thrown to their side of the field as much. That is what a true shutdown does. Just out of curiosity, did you actually see an article that said he was RATED the most over paid FA this year, or did you just make that part up to validate your post? I'm pretty sure that it's the latter. Every expert opinion that I have seen has said that was an excellent pickup for the Vikes and yes most of them have considered Winfield a SHUTDOWN corner! One more thing, I'm pretty sure that your best CB is a hold out and doesn't want to even play for your team anymore, so maybee just maybee your defensive backfield just isn't that good anymore and that is why your half rate recievers can burn them? Just a thought....

:salute: :salute: :salute: :thumbright: :argue: :thumbleft: :salute: :salute: :salute:
    God Bless America, & the MINNESOTA VIKINGS!!!

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

If mckenzies out, for sure minny's corners are better then gb's. AL harris is average and aint better then winfield since he is a shutdown corner and no that doesnt mean he needs to get 10 picks a year to be considered one. Brian williams over ahmad carrol. I'd take the rising star in williams over a rookie of course. Cb's dont tend to have a great season in their first season. Takes them a few season to adjust.

If mckenzie does resign, i think i might give green bay the slight advantage but not by much.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

Big Daddy is offline Starter

Wow, xxx is getting a litle defensive, and you know what emotion causes that? FEAR!

Sorry xxx but if McKenzie holds out GB is in trouble (the article said thoes exact words) and I don't think anyone from this site wrote it. So maybe just maybe there are non Vikings fans that think the same thing we do!
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel it s warmth!

packmanxxxi is offline Asst. Coach

Na- not defensive, just kinda tired of the constant lack of intelligent real football fans on here. I suppose I should expect it, being a Viking site however.

Anyway- enjoy your downward spiral. You think I'm afraid and called me defensive, yet you failed to read your own responses. Some people need to look in the mirror.
    3 Straight Division Champs

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

hehehe... our downward spiral!!! packman hon... there's going to be no such thing for the Vikes for at least the next several years! Wishful thinking perhaps? You on the other hand better find some glory this year to hang on to in the next many years to come after Favre retires!

I can't wait until that day comes... all they are going to be able to use for ammunition is... "when Favre played.... we were great" "when Favre played.... we did this...."

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Um, Pacman, Brian Williams and Antoine Winfield are both better than any corner that is currently in Packers training camp, you will most likely not find an NFL analyst who believes otherwise.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Al Harris is a good nickel CB and Ahmad Carroll, please! In GBs scrimmage against themselves was beat for a 71 yard TD, against a receiver other than the packs "big 3." Pack are in trouble with Harris as #1 and either Hawthorne or Carroll at #2 CB. Good luck with shutting down Moss!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast