Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    gpete13 is offline Starter

McCombs' mismanagement a Viking nightmare

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3436450

John Czarnecki / FOXSports.com
    Posted: 9 hours ago

Fans of the Vikings can't say good riddance soon enough to current owner Red McCombs. Say what you want about departed receiver Randy Moss, but he was right about Red. The guy's an embarrassment about how cheaply he's operated the Vikings the past two seasons and how he's messed with head coach Mike Tice.

McCombs said Thursday in Minneapolis that he wanted to fire Tice late in the season, believing it would motivate Moss to perform better. How that would have succeeded, considering Moss was coming off a hamstring injury, is anyone's guess. What McCombs was failing to say is that he was miffed at Moss for mocking him for his cheap ways. McCombs didn't like hearing the truth from his best player, and he didn't think Tice was keeping him under control.
    And who would have McCombs elevated to head coach? Scott Linehan, the offensive coordinator, he was too cheap to retain after the playoffs? Linehan almost tripled his salary by jumping to the Miami Dolphins.

Moss did a lot of dumb things in Minnesota, but he had the proper read on McCombs.

And, while we're at it, don't believe all the denials out of Vikings quarterback Daunte Culpepper. Granted, Culpepper wasn't pushing to trade Moss, but he fully agreed with Tice that a change needed to be made for the Vikings to move forward as a team. Moss had become a distraction in the locker room and Culpepper, despite his friendship with Moss, could see that the lone solution was to trade him. Ultimately, Culpepper couldn't see Moss changing his ways.

Can this possibly be true? I am shocked.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Sounds dead on to me. Red *Lemur Lover* McCombs has been lowballing us for quite awhile - and Randy spotted it. Frankly, I believe Randy's "bad attitude" came in large part from knowing that no matter how many points our Offense put up, our Defense couldn't stop a bunch of Old Ladies...mostly due to our cheap owner.

Red *I love gerbils* McCombs didn't do us any favors in the past few years. Look at all of the Defensive talent that has changed hands in the past two years - with the exception of Winfield, none of it to Minnesota. He refused to open the check book and field a viable team, and Randy got sick of being stuck in mediacrity. I don't blame Randy one bit.

Nothing will please me more than to finally be rid of Red *The guy who got busted screwing calves in Wisconsin stole that idea from me* McCombs for good...other than to see him busted in an animal-sex scandal....or maybe to get 5 minutes in a locked room with him (Two men enter...one man leaves...thunderdome!!).

Caine

MN_Jet_Fan is offline Rookie

FYI, no self-respecting lemur, calf or gerbil would give Red the time of day. Even they know he's a prick.

XxS2TheEvoxX is offline Pro-Bowler

"MN_Jet_Fan" wrote:
    FYI, no self-respecting lemur, calf or gerbil would give Red the time of day. Even they know he's a prick.
    Haha, my thoughts exactly.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Yet another article on the Moss trade.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=bayless/050304

WWBGD

Calmwind is offline Starter

The way I see it is... Daunte is the team leader and if he felt it was time to change things up I respect that. It also shows he has confidence that he will be the same QB without Moss.
    Del Rio: "Football will go on, better players have left the Vikings, and better players will leave in the future.....the game rolls on."

Sprewell27 is offline Rookie

Daunte said himself that he did not want Randy gone. I sure hope our 'team leader' isn't a lying snake like Red. If he had anything to do with the deal or reccommended having Moss out, he should have manned up and told the truth.

Calmwind is offline Starter

"Sprewell27" wrote:
    Daunte said himself that he did not want Randy gone. I sure hope our 'team leader' isn't a lying snake like Red. If he had anything to do with the deal or reccommended having Moss out, he should have manned up and told the truth.

Im sure he didnt suggest trading Randy. But if they asked what he thought about the trade, I am sure he was open and honest.
    Del Rio: "Football will go on, better players have left the Vikings, and better players will leave in the future.....the game rolls on."

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Sprewell27" wrote:
    Duante wanted him gone. Daunte was saving face in case he had to play another season with Moss. It seemed like Daunte had mixed feelings though. He never said no please don't trade him. He said I don't want to SEE him traded. DC is going to miss the talent but enjoy not having the attitude.

AS FAR AS MCCOMBS and RANDY, it didn't have to go down like this.

Last year, if McCombs would have spent money for D, Randy would have had a better attitude cause we wouldn't have been letting teams score as many points on us and therefore winning. Long Story Short! Randy would still be with us.

Maybe if Red would have spent money to get a real coach instead of RENT-A-COACH, we woulod have bettered ourselves in the win column. His decision are directly related to why Randy is not playing with us anymore.

He probably trade Randy just to F~ck with him before handing the team over.

Think what you want, those are just thoughts that popped into my head and not necessarily my opinion or stance.

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

Red...JUST GO!
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast