Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BigEasyViking is offline Coordinator

McCombs calls off stadium effort?

Hey, I was just reading the article on the home page about how McCombs called off the stadium efforts. I guess that this is a threat or something. I know that this is a hot topic among Vikings fans, but I am curious what you guy's feel about this now that they aren't even trying to build a new stadium. How realistic do you think it is that the Minnesota Legislature won't agree to pay any of the cost to build us a new stadium and keep our Vikings in Minnesota? Even though it may not be fair, 95% of new stadiums built were either partially or mostly funded by tax dollars. Why are they having so many problems coming to an agreement in Minnesota? Well, I know that most people on this site will blame this on McCombs, but I can guarantee that if he sells the team the State will still have to fund some of the new stadium costs or our team will not be in Minnesota anymore. It's not just McCombs, this is happening with most owners in the league now. Now, either we suck it up and agree to fund part of a new stadium or we will have to watch the LA Vikings in the near future. ukeright: That just makes me sick! ukeright: What do you guys think?

Here is the Link:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=citadel-2_295947_63&prov=citadel&type=story
    God Bless America, & the MINNESOTA VIKINGS!!!

It's f*cking b*llshit, If they move I say fuck the NFL fuck Minnesota...... this just sucks if they are to move.
    Here s the most important thing: You can NEVER lose your sense of humor. Without that, you ve got NOTHING. (Divinci) James Belushi

here's quote from a good movie and if you seen it you know what Im talking about.

Major League (1989)

Jake Taylor: There's only one thing left to do. Win the whole F**KING thing.
    Here s the most important thing: You can NEVER lose your sense of humor. Without that, you ve got NOTHING. (Divinci) James Belushi

BigEasyViking is offline Coordinator

I'm wit' chu on that minnesoulija! You wouldn't think that the Super Bowl champs would be moving for at least 5-10 years? Yeah, i really don't know what I would do if they did move. What a sad day that would be.
    God Bless America, & the MINNESOTA VIKINGS!!!

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

"vikings minnesoulija" wrote:
    here's quote from a good movie and if you seen it you know what Im talking about.

Major League (1989)

Jake Taylor: There's only one thing to do. Win the whole F**KING thing.
    I agree. Need to at least pull the same thing the Twins pulled on Selig.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

I was in Houston when they lost the Oilers to Tennessee. It really sucked, but at least Houston was rid of Bud (The Jerk) Adams. As it turned out, Houston got a peach of a new team owner when the Texans were created. I am not sure, but I think that the Texans owner did chip in a significant amount as his share of the cost of Reliant Stadium. He certainly didn't hold the city hostage like most owners are wont to do.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Red is a greedy pig, he bought the team for under 250 mill, he has since sold the viking food service part for about 20 mill, and has gotten expansion checks for 25 mill, and has made money every year on the Vikes.

Out of the 250 mill he spent he has gotten back over 100 million already, and Taylor (owner of the Timberwolves) wants to buy the team for 450 million.

In less than 7 years he would make a profit of over 300 Million dollars and he wants more!! He is a greedy pig, and he is mad that the league will not let him move the team to LA (because the other owners want the expansion fee of 800 million).

Sell the Team to Taylor you greedy old F***!!!!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

cheesefree is offline Starter

1) Red is a greedy pig who won't pay his fair share 2) Red is a greedy pig who wants Taylor to pay the price of the team with a new stadium, but without the new stadium 3) the politicians in St. Paul didn't do anything in the last session except probably vote themselves a pay raise 4) Anoka county and the city of Blaine did all they could do 5) the developers aren't going to just let that land in Blaine sit while Red and the state go around in circles and accomplish nothing like they have in the past five years.
    [b:6191debc1d]it ain t easy being cheesy[/b:6191debc1d]
    [img:6191debc1d]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid137/p834fa46b07efd9e3efdcb7cb577f214e/f73f7170.jpg[/img:6191debc1d]

duffVIkEs is offline Pro-Bowler

moving to LA would be awesome, cuz i live here and i would so get season tickets....buts thats jsut me and like so-cal vike probly.

Foreman44 is offline Starter

I'm sorry, but Red just plain sucks. Never trusted him from day one. Period. End of Story. With any luck, a local buyer/s will emerge.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast