Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

McCombs almost fired Tice?

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Ah what do you know, you're a packer fan.....wait, that was opinions that somewhat supported the vikes! Way to go los, you're turning into one of us!!! (a VIKES fan that is!!)
    *sigh* these are the opinions I've had all along! But whenever I said trade Moss or fire Tice before, I got shelled!!!
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Los... come now honey... just admit that you love the purple and you'll feel so much better.

Actually, my favorite color when I was a kid was purple. I even had a purple room.

Thank God for those years of therapy.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    "VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Ah what do you know, you're a packer fan.....wait, that was opinions that somewhat supported the vikes! Way to go los, you're turning into one of us!!! (a VIKES fan that is!!)
    *sigh* these are the opinions I've had all along! But whenever I said trade Moss or fire Tice before, I got shelled!!!

Yeah, I know you did, I just like givin ya a hard time!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    Actually, my favorite color when I was a kid was purple. I even had a purple room.

Thank God for those years of therapy.
    I knew that you had it in you los... just think... now is the perfect time to switch teams... soon the packers won't have brett favre... and you know how much you like daunte!!

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

1) Despite his idiotic rationalization he gave in his interview, he recognized that Randy Moss was better off gone. The leader of your team should be the player who touches that ball every play, not the one who gets four or five touches a game. Daunte can now lead this team around his style, not trying to adjust to a wide receiver's style and demands.
    Well Randy is better off gone, the question is are the Vikings better off? IMO no.

The leader of your team should be whom ever the coach designates as the leader. A winning team is run by its coach not its players, or an owner, or a committee, or a popularity contest. Is there any question as to whether Belichick runs the Patriots? If Tice wanted Daunte to be the leader it was his job to make him the leader. The problem Tice has is that he has only "some" authority. He is just a mid level manager. And an inexpensive one at that. And after todays comments by Red, Tice has even less authority. Red just announced that Tice's head is on the chopping block and was almost fired last year mid season to help Randy do better :tard: , or something like that.

We traded away one of the best players ever in the game in order to compensate for a weak coach, an owner with his head up his @$$, and some players who were miffed they weren't the center of attention. In short we traded him because of the way the Vikes are being mismanaged. There will never be a way to put a good spin on this. IMO We just have to go on and do the best we can now thats its been done.

The base problem is McCombs and his management. Until that goes away this team will just flounder along. I have been a die hard Vikes fan since 1967 and this is one of the worst management situations I have ever seen this team go through.

WWBGD

Daunte's a cool dude, TNT. I do like him, plus we can always count on a fumble or two to keep the game level.

But, this Packer fan's gonna sail to the Super Bowl, or go down with the ship.

fine fine... but just so you know... next year I won't welcome you :P

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    Daunte's a cool dude, TNT. I do like him, plus we can always count on a fumble or two to keep the game level.

But, this Packer fan's gonna sail to the Super Bowl, or go down with the ship.
    Better pack a swimsuit Los!

"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    fine fine... but just so you know... next year I won't welcome you :P
    You say that now.... :lol:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast