snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Mayock Chat Viking questions

http://chat.nfl.com/front/index/561?refresh=90

NFL.com Mayock Chat 11-12-9

Yueh Ho, Cleveland, OH
    12:03 PM ET
    The Saints and the Vikings look very powerful in the NFC. Can any other team possibly hope to compete with them?

Mike Mayock, NFL Network
    Hey Yueh, I believe that the Saints and Vikings are clearly the dominant teams in the NFC. If Favre stays healthy the Vikings could very well be the last team standing. The AFC has a lot more depth and I think there are 6-8 teams that could end up being the best team coming out of the AFC.
    Dwight, NY
    12:15 PM ET
    If you had to chose the Offensive POY, Defensive POY, and MVP, who would they be right now?
    Mike_mayock_40x55
    Mike Mayock, NFL Network
    Dwight, the offensive player of the year and the MVP are the same person to me and that would be Drew Brees of the Saints. Interestingly enough, Favre may be right behind him and I think Peyton Manning may be having the best season he's ever had. I think the NFL has more quality QBs than at any time in its history. On defense, that's a tougher question, but Darren Sharper, the free agent acquisition of the Sainst would be a logical choice.
    Joe Koskey, Pennsville, NJ
    12:18 PM ET
    As much as I love to watch AP in Minnesota run the ball, I am glad to see they are not feeding him 400+ times and burning him out. By design for longevity or just a result of game circumstances? Thoughts?
    Mike_mayock_40x55
    Mike Mayock, NFL Network
    Hey Joe, pretty easy answer here and the name is Brett Favre. If Tarvaris Jackson was still the QB, he's be looking at 400-plus carries this year, but a d coordinator is forced to pick his poison when game planning the vikings. Throw Percy Harvin in the mix with Sidney Rice and bernard berrian and AP becomes even more effective
    Mohamed, Owl City, Mn
    12:26 PM ET
    Do you think Percy Harvin can win ROY>
    Mike_mayock_40x55
    Mike Mayock, NFL Network
    Mohamed, love Harvin and he certainly is one of the front runner of rookie of the year. On offense, tackle Michael Oher has played extremely well in Baltimore and Knowshon moreno has done a great jobin Denver. On defense, Jairus Byrd from Buffalo has played tremendously well, as have LBs Brian Cushing and Aaron Curry.

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Mayock Chat Viking questions

"snowinapril" wrote:

Mohamed, Owl City, Mn
    Mike_mayock_40x55
    Mike Mayock, NFL Network
    Mohamed, love Harvin and he certainly is one of the front runner of rookie of the year. On offense, tackle Michael Oher has played extremely well in Baltimore and Knowshon moreno has done a great jobin Denver. On defense, Jairus Byrd from Buffalo has played tremendously well, as have LBs Brian Cushing and Aaron Curry.
    Interesting response. I hadn't considered Michael Oher in the ROY race. I wonder if the publicity from "The Blind Side" will get him votes that would have otherwise gone to a 'skill position' player.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"josdin00" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:

Mohamed, Owl City, Mn
    Mike_mayock_40x55
    Mike Mayock, NFL Network
    Interesting response. I hadn't considered Michael Oher in the ROY race. I wonder if the publicity from "The Blind Side" will get him votes that would have otherwise gone to a 'skill position' player.
    At first, I didn't get the Blind Side connection.
    For the others that are slow like me, it is the movie coming out about Michael Oher.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "josdin00" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:

Mohamed, Owl City, Mn
    Mike_mayock_40x55
    Mike Mayock, NFL Network
    At first, I didn't get the Blind Side connection.
    For the others that are slow like me, it is the movie coming out about Michael Oher.

The book was fantastic. I highly suggest reading it.

But yes, interesting answer. I agree hard with Cushing. He is crushing it this year.
    We're bringing purple back.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Percy Cush... Done deal