Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Maybe Vikings were right about Culpepper and Moss

"singersp" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    [quote author=Prophet link=topic=35060.msg593343#msg593343 date=1182170999]
    I heard rumors on the street this weekend that there will be another NFL HOF located in New Jersey.
    It will be called the 'Island of Misfit Vets'.
    Sniffers worldwide are rejoicing.
    Don't be dissing Jersey Prophet.
    Yeah, watch the Jersey jokes
    ;D
    I'm only sticking up for that cause I was born there.
    Haven't lived there in 20 years.
    Smart move!

New Jersey gets a bad rep for the southern half. Once you get past the Driscoll bridge everything goes down hill, until you get to AC, then it's better, but only on the boardwalk.

North Jersey is great, except for Elizabeth and Newark, anyone who watches the Sopranos can see that.
    LOL! So the only good portion of the southern half of the state is one place, the Boardwalk & the northern half is great except for Newark & Elizabeth, which are bad?

So how much "good" does that leave in the state, compared to the bad?

Sounds like about 25-30%.
    [/quote]

Actually most of the population is North and Central. Essex county is the most densely populated areas in the world. NJ has a higher population density than any other state. Southern jersey is very sparsely populated though.

I say everywhere from the driscoll bridge (Except for AC and shore towns) and above
    is great(Excluding parts of Newark and Elizabeth).

If we were to have a state civil war and break into Northern and Southern Jersey the northern half would look so much better than the south.

Can anyone from NJ back me up here?(Unless you're from Southern NJ of course, then you obviously will not)

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Mr" wrote:

If we were to have a state civil war and break into Northern and Southern Jersey the northern half would look so much better than the south.
    Sounds like you have a plan to improve the state & rid it of all the riff-raff.

When are you running for congress?

I did hear from a friend of mine who lived in Jersey, that it was a filthy state. He was impressed on how clean Minneapolis/St. Paul was compared to Jersey.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

I was on a bus trips to NYC after 9/11 and Jersey made me feel dirty.

"singersp" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:

I did hear from a friend of mine who lived in Jersey, that it was a filthy state. He was impressed on how clean Minneapolis/St. Paul was compared to Jersey.
    Do you know where in NJ he lived? I'm going to make some guesses to start.

Elizabeth
    Newark
    Irvington
    Camden
    Trenton
    Atlantic City
    Patterson
    Willingboro
    Dover
    Bayonne
    One of the Oranges

Most of these are either small cities, or immediate suburbs of major cities. Once you get out to where I live it's much better.

I love New Jersey, but for all of hte good things there are bad things. Extremely high taxes and we pay very high insurance. Parts are dirty, even though my town is amazing (Westfield), I noticed a difference in air quality when I traveled to South Brunswick NJ for a track meet.

I would love to visit Minnesota, catch a Vikes game. The weather he is pretty good, but I love cold winters and we seem to get a lot of warmth every winter, plus it gets really humid here, and I sweat more than anyone on the planet, so I would like to check out some place in Viking country.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

I actually just returned from a trip to NJ.
    I visited family in northern NJ then went to AC and actually won money there.
    Here's my take.
    Northern NJ is actually a lot cleaner than what I remember.
    Even Newark is cleaner than it was.
    There are some verynice parts of NJ.
    North Central NJ is actually pretty nice.
    You have a lot of older style homes with a lot of grass and trees.
    Goint north you have the more industrial areas like Newark and Elizabeth.
    I don't know too much about the south.
    I used to hangout at Seaside heights alot as a teenager.
    In fact I saw Bon Jovi when they were novices.
    AC boardwalk is nice but off the boardwalk looks pretty ghetto (please xcuse the term).
    I used to love to go to Wildwood but I haven't been there in years so I can't comment on that.

All in all, NJ isn't as bad as I remember it.
    It all depends where you go.
    But you are right Singer.
    It was a great move.

"Mr" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:

Elizabeth
    Newark
    Irvington
    Camden
    Trenton
    Atlantic City
    Patterson
    Willingboro
    Dover
    Bayonne
    One of the Oranges

Most of these are either small cities, or immediate suburbs of major cities. Once you get out to where I live it's much better.

I love New Jersey, but for all of hte good things there are bad things. Extremely high taxes and we pay very high insurance. Parts are dirty, even though my town is amazing (Westfield), I noticed a difference in air quality when I traveled to South Brunswick NJ for a track meet.

I would love to visit Minnesota, catch a Vikes game. The weather he is pretty good, but I love cold winters and we seem to get a lot of warmth every winter, plus it gets really humid here, and I sweat more than anyone on the planet, so I would like to check out some place in Viking country.
    Westfield?
    I lived in Kenilworth most of my time there.
    I was born in Morristown.
    Westfield was 15 minutes from Kenilworth (although it's probably closer now with all the new highways that are there).

"ejmat" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:

Elizabeth
    Newark
    Irvington
    Camden
    Trenton
    Atlantic City
    Patterson
    Willingboro
    Dover
    Bayonne
    One of the Oranges

Westfield?
    Westfield was 15 minutes from Kenilworth (although it's probably closer now with all the new highways that are there).
    Yeah I'm only a few minutes from Kenilworth. I go through there coming home from certain places on Route 22.

Did you go to school with Tony Siragusa? I know he is from Kenilworth.

And Seaside Heights is probably the dirtiest beach town there is. Thats where all of us high school kids go to party prom weekend. Wildwood is still alright, I went down there once or twice in the past few years. The nicest beaches are the ones a bit farther north though. Like Spring Lake and Belmar if you know of them.

They've done a lot of work in Newark to clean it up, but it's still for the most part pretty bad.

"Mr" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:

Elizabeth
    Newark
    Irvington
    Camden
    Trenton
    Atlantic City
    Patterson
    Willingboro
    Dover
    Bayonne
    One of the Oranges

Westfield?
    Yeah I'm only a few minutes from Kenilworth. I go through there coming home from certain places on Route 22.

Did you go to school with Tony Siragusa? I know he is from Kenilworth.

And Seaside Heights is probably the dirtiest beach town there is. Thats where all of us high school kids go to party prom weekend. Wildwood is still alright, I went down there once or twice in the past few years. The nicest beaches are the ones a bit farther north though. Like Spring Lake and Belmar if you know of them.

They've done a lot of work in Newark to clean it up, but it's still for the most part pretty bad.
    Yes I did go to school with Goose.
    I graduated in 1984 and he graduated in 1985.
    We were the same age however and on every baseball and football team together through high school.
    I never saw a 12 year old hit a ball as far as he did.
    As a 3rd grader he kicked a 6th graders butt.
    It was pretty funny.
    He's a good guy if he is your friend but wasn't nice to know as his enemy.
    Luckily I was a friend.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345