Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Maybe Vikings were right about Culpepper and Moss

Published - Saturday, June 16, 2007

[size=13pt]Dave Myers column: Maybe Vikings were right about Culpepper and Moss[/size]

By Dave Myers / La Crosse Tribune

Over the past couple of years the people in the Minnesota Vikings’ front office have received a great deal of criticism for some of their personnel decisions. Among the most controversial: trading the two most dynamic players on the roster, Randy Moss and then Daunte Culpepper the following year. Well the time has come for the naysayers — myself included — to enjoy a nice big serving of crow....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Maybe Vikings were right about Culpepper and Moss

As funny as it might sound . . . I think it's still too early to write of the careers of either player.

This year should be really interesting to watch, but I feel MOSS has a much better chance of reviving his career than CULPEPPER does, but either can bounce back in the right situation.

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

There is truth to both sides of that.
    I think they could both thrive again, in the right situation, BUT I also believe that neither will ever be quite what they were for us!

Moss' Hammy was a serious problem and still might be.
    He doesn't seem to have the work ethic to keep it stretched and loose.
    He'll probably do well for NE, but Brady likes to spread it out, so it most likely won't be huge.

And, I was a huge fan of Daunte, but he wined his way out of here with about as serious an injury as can happen...didn't even want to see the new playbook!
    It doesn't look to me like he'll ever have the power nor confidence he once did.

Lucky we got what we did for them!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

"sleepagent" wrote:
    As funny as it might sound . . . I think it's still too early to write of the careers of either player.

This year should be really interesting to watch, but I feel MOSS has a much better chance of reviving his career than CULPEPPER does, but either can bounce back in the right situation.
    Moss is in the idea situation now, he should be able to bounce back and have a fine season.
    I think Pep can bounce back if gets with the right offensive team, such as Linehan and the Rams.
    I don't think Pep can play in just any offense.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

The thing really isn't whether they will be successful in another location, but whether if we had kept them, would they have fit into what the management is trying to do and whether their skills could be fully utilized by the current staff.

Since we are trying to change the character of the team and get away from the player distractions that occurred in the past it is probably best for the players and the team that the moves were done. Now our team can bring in the players with the disposition they want and the players can go find a team that fits their skills.

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    The thing really isn't whether they will be successful in another location, but whether if we had kept them, would they have fit into what the management is trying to do and whether their skills could be fully utilized by the current staff.

Since we are trying to change the character of the team and get away from the player distractions that occurred in the past it is probably best for the players and the team that the moves were done. Now our team can bring in the players with the disposition they want and the players can go find a team that fits their skills.
    I don't think there is a QB out there that can fit into just any offensive scheme. Rather, I think the offensive scheme needs to be taylored to fit what the QB is used to, comfortable with & thrives in.

If that QB or player doesn't fit your scheme & your not willing to adjust the scheme for him, then look elsewhere for one that does. Regardless of how good that player is.

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

Regardless of wether or not Moss produces this year they were still right to get rid of him.
    They got more for him then the Raiders and he was becoming somewhat malignant.

I could go on and on about how they were right about Culpepper. I would never question that unless he gets his team a superbowl, and that won't happen.

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

"singersp" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:

I don't think there is a QB out there that can fit into just any offensive scheme. Rather, I think the offensive scheme needs to be taylored to fit what the QB is used to, comfortable with & thrives in.

If that QB or player doesn't fit your scheme & your not willing to adjust the scheme for him, then look elsewhere for one that does. Regardless of how good that player is.
    I hope T-Jack fits in Chili's scheme.
    Last year was evidence that Chili is not planning on changing his scheme to suit the quarterback.
    Or maybe our quarterback was just not talented enough last year.

"Billy" wrote:
    Regardless of wether or not Moss produces this year they were still right to get rid of him.

I could go on and on about how they were right about Culpepper. I would never question that unless he gets his team a superbowl.
    God I hope that never happens or we'll never hear the end of it from the DC crotch sniffers.

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

"singersp" wrote:
    "Billy" wrote:

I could go on and on about how they were right about Culpepper. I would never question that unless he gets his team a superbowl.
    God I hope that never happens or we'll never hear the end of it from the DC crotch sniffers.
    LOL if that happens then God really does hate me.
    ;D

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast