CanuckVike is offline Starter

Maybe Randy's rebellion was....

...just what we needed!! Now I'm not saying Randy planned this to happen and it wasn't exactly like Carl Eller's blackboard breaking incident of years ago that was the catalyst in pushing the Vikes to a big victory...BUT, maybe we just needed someone to get pissed off to the Nth degree to make our guys get a little emotional when it counts...someone who is a big time figure...like Randy. Maybe that got the message across the Adam Goldbergs and the Willie Offords and the EJ Hendersons, and yes maybe even to Mike Tice to get their act together somehow, some way.

Now again, I don't condone Randy walking off the field 2 seconds too early vs Washington...but maybe that was the thing that got everybody "animated" and "alive"...because for the last few weeks previous to that, a lot of guys have been pretty dead out there. What I saw last week vs the Pack was like a whole new team...alive and kicking.

A lot of folks are knocking Randy because they think he's selfish and not a team player. I don't know him personally and I'm not out there on the practice field or in the locker room, but I always hear the guys say that he is a team player when it counts. I DO know that he does play hurt, he DOES stick up for his team mates (remember Burleson's shot to the head in the game vs the Bears?)...and he's certainly not afraid to take a fine!! I also know that he WANTS to win more than anything. Maybe he's not a typical team leader and maybe doesn't say the things or act the way Joe Buck thinks he should, but he's emotional and at least cares about what's happening on the field...which is more than I can for a lot of other players in this league.

I'd rather be in to the game and emotional, even if it's for the "wrong" reason...than to be a "team" that Terry Bradshaw, Steve Young, James Brown and Joe Buck would be proud of but still mediocre and playing with a half spirit. And now again with this mooning thing...it was crass, maybe vulgar, maybe uncalled for...but it might just work to our benefit. We've been a straight laced team a long time...and it's never gotten us all the way. Maybe it's time just to let the fur fly a bit and see how far it gets us. The NFL gods work in mysterious ways sometimes.
    8ed0c24a99f7e44be7931aa4afb7bd88

Vikestand is offline Coordinator

Im a young'n what did the great Eller do with the blackboard???

By Pack93z

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to the other with no loss of enthusiasm"-Sir Winston Churchill

CanuckVike is offline Starter

The Vikes were in a big game against the Browns (I think!?!)...and we're losing badly at half. Ol' Carl Eller got pissed at how everyone was playing and smashed a blackboard in the dressing room to smithereenies and it turned to be the thing that the team needed to pick it up in the 2nd half. I think we won 27-20 or something like that. The point is, sometimes things have to happen that aren't in the Martha Stewart etiquette guide to proper living like all the suits on the football pregame shows would suggest they should be.
    8ed0c24a99f7e44be7931aa4afb7bd88

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Maybe Randy's rebellion was....

[
    Now again, I don't condone Randy walking off the field 2 seconds too early vs Washington...but maybe that was the thing that got everybody "animated" and "alive"...because for the last few weeks previous to that, a lot of guys have been pretty dead out there. What I saw last week vs the Pack was like a whole new team...alive and kicking.

I'm with ya on that one! I noticed that about the guys last week too, they were having so much fun out there. It was almost depressing watching the guys at that Washington game, but last week was just fun!! I was reading in the newspaper about some reporters who were in the locker room after the GB game and trying to ask all the guys if this whole Randy Moss fake mooning thing was a big distraction for them, good old Mewelde Moore says, "The only thing that's a distraction is you guys coming in here asking us if it's a distraction!" Everyone knows that the guys get even more pumped up when the media ane everyone else is against them, and in Moss' case it's even more so this time. He and the rest of the team is gonna want to go out there and show everyone what they're made of, again, and I think they can do it.
    SKOL VIKES!!!!!!

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]