norsefan is offline Training Camp

Max Starks, and / or Tommie Harris as Vikings?! New Free Agents Signings on Tuesday?

The last time I heard, both Max Starks (ex- Steelers O Lineman), and Tommie Harris (ex-Bears, etc. D Tackle) were both still out there as unsigned Free Agents.

Max Starks was reported to have a neck injury this Summer, and the Steelers cut him.

Tommie Harris was trying to fit into a whole new Defensive scheme for him with the Colts; they just cut him.

Others?: Igor Olshansky may still be unsigned.

Who do you think may be a good "hole plugger" for us that may get signed by someone tomorrow?

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Max Starks would be great. We could move Charlie Johnson to guard. I'm not to worried about the DT position at the moment. We only have one more game without Kevin Williams. Although I saw Tommie Harris play here in Indianapolis, and they were stupid to cut him. He was easily their best DT out there. He came in with a sense of entitlement, and Bill Polian didn't like that. He wasn't cut based on performance at all.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

norsefan is offline Training Camp

Re. Max Starks...

See - http://www.nfl.com/player/maxstarks/2505980/profile

Max Starks

Height: 6-8 Weight: 345 Age: 29

Born: 1/10/1982 Orlando , FL

College: Florida

Experience: 7 Seasons

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Rivers was working the snap count and got our DT to jump 2 times, that is bone headedness. I hope Fraiser kicked his ass (verbally) behind closed doors. Starks and Harris would be nice pick ups, just have to start talking about who to cut. OL choice of cut is easier than the DL. I think that we see younger prospects that we have to let play this season. Harris is getting up there.

Youth vs Experience, what are your thoughts?

Starks must be injured or he would be on a roster, right?

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by snowinapril View Post
    Rivers was working the snap count and got our DT to jump 2 times, that is bone headedness. I hope Fraiser kicked his ass (verbally) behind closed doors. Starks and Harris would be nice pick ups, just have to start talking about who to cut. OL choice of cut is easier than the DL. I think that we see younger prospects that we have to let play this season. Harris is getting up there.

Wasn't it three times on that drive?

Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach
    Wont we be getting a trouble maker for a trouble maker if we get Harris
    Purple till i die

VikesFan787 is offline Coordinator
    Vikings waive backup center Cooper, sign veteran Berger

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesFan787 View Post
    Vikings waive backup center Cooper, sign veteran Berger
    There's a thread about the Berger signing already:

http://www.purplepride.org/showthrea...ter-Joe-Berger

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

VikesFan787 is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    There's a thread about the Berger signing already:

http://www.purplepride.org/showthrea...ter-Joe-Berger
    I figured there would be. That's why I didn't make a new thread. lol

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by snowinapril View Post

I'm not gonna hack on Guion for those penalties.

It was late in the game, he was probably more tired than he has ever been in his whole career and he was gonna do his best to make a play and get the ball back.

I for one loved that he was still trying that hard to get something done.

On a side note, (and not directed at you Sno) even when K-dubb comes back, we will have a DT problem. I don't care how many 3 techniques you run out there, they are still just 3 techniques.

I was almost convinced the we were gonna do some scheme changes that would take away the need for one of those big Warpigs in the middle in this scheme, but alas, we didn't. All we did was try to cover that little problem up with multiple LB'r blitz packages and that exposed us.

All teams need to do now is just keep hitting their checkdowns, keeping drives alive, extending drives which will end up with exhausted players trying to make plays late in the game when they don't have anything left to give.

I for one, wouldn't mind seeing if they could bring in Harris. He wasn't a real good fit for what they are doing there in Coltsville. They love the smaller faster types on that defense. Harris can move it down the field, but I don't think you would really think of him in that lite.
    Last edited by Marrdro; 09-16-2011 at 12:36 PM.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg