Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matt Stover?

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

Matt Stover?

Who wants to sign Matt Stover? He's an FA, and we do need a reliable kicker. Elling is very questionable when it comes to reliability. Stover is accurate and reliable. I say we spend the money to get him. He won't cost alot since he's a kicker.

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

Matt Stover?

dude, seriously. i just said the same thing in another string! we gotta have him. and take green bays punter while we're at it!
    "ted nugent called. he wants his shirt back."-george clooney, ocean s eleven

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Matt Stover?

I still wonder why we ever got rid of Burger, but since we did, its definately an area that we need improvement on

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

Matt Stover?

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by amavikesfan

dude, seriously. i just said the same thing in another string! we gotta have him. and take green bays punter while we're at it!
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    That's how I noticed. Why not have a thread devoted to it?

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Matt Stover?

Stover would be a great pickup. He would he this team immensely.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Matt Stover?

true enough v s. if we have the money, why not turn our TRUE WEAKNESS into a strength by bringing in GOOD kickers? they don't cost much...
    "ted nugent called. he wants his shirt back."-george clooney, ocean s eleven

Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman

Matt Stover?

I dont care if they do cost a lot anyway. As we learned this year, kicking can win you a game, and it can lose you a game. Having a consistant kicking game is one of the most important things you can have
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

DoubleDown11 is offline Pro-Bowler

Matt Stover?

Draft Nate Keading (K) out of IOWA, let's save some $ for DEFENSE!
    something witty and comical... followed by genuine sarcasm.

Mossville is offline Starter

Matt Stover?

I like that idea!! Kaeding has a boot...I watched him nail a 54 yarder with the wind in his face and he had room to spare. He would be in the top of the league of touchbacks on kickoffs kickin in the dome. Draft Kaedo!!!

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

Matt Stover?

money isn't an object, Signing Winfield, Sass, and Robinson Cost us 14.4 million dollars. That however is only if each player makes all their incentives, and the contracts are spread out evenly, neither will happen. Martin's salary wasn't disclosed, but it can't be much. So basically we still about 19 million dollars left, and we need to spend 6. Last year it cost about 3 million dollars in cap space to sign our rookies (at least that what was estimated), this year, picking 19th, I'd imagine it be closer to 2. So Red will have to spend 4 million more in FA.

All I think we REALLY need to add is a kicker, and I think even that might take care of itself. rookie vs 2nd year is a big difference for a kicker. We actually don't need to do too much more to our defense. A DE would be nice, but if we start the season with Johnstone/Sawyer I won't complain at all. This is a team that had more sacks than Tampa and Dallas - two high ranked defenses.

Our weakness on defense wasn't the pass-rush anyway. It wasn't our secondary either. It was our LBs and Ken Irvin/Walker getting beat on the Corners. Winfield is nothing if he isnt an excellent tackler, Brian Williams did fair share, and is only getting better, We added the speed we need at Linebacker by putting Nick Rodgers and Henderson in there, So that should be fixed. Our defense was one of the best during that final stretch of games, and that was with Wiley in there, I think Sawyer is an upgrade over him.

I'm not saying we should add more defense but I'm hearing guys say we should do absolutely noth with offense, or anything and spend all our FA money and entire draft on defense because we it so badly. We don't need ti that badly. We need depth on the Oline before we need another CB. A Kicker before a Linebacker. We don't need another Linebacker, we don't need a Safety or a CB - that means we only need 1 position in the draft and FA on defense - DE, and we could eaisly be one fo the best teams in teh league with what we have now. I just don't think spending 7 draft picks and 4 million dollars on 1 area of defense, is smart. We could use depth at Linebacker, but only a player or 2, in the second day of the draft. So rounds 1-5 and 4 million dollars on a DE? No.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast