tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Matt Cassell to Start This Sunday

Adrian Peterson of Minnesota Vikings aims to practice Friday; Matt Cassel QB - ESPN

Christian Ponder will back up Cassel on Sunday. Frazier said he's unsure if quarterback Josh Freeman will play in another game for the Vikings the rest of the season.
    Wonder what's up with the whole Freeman thing.

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    We like wasting money?

The way they treated that kid embarrasses me, as it should most fans of the game (that is played now, with free agency here to stay). The kid wanted an opportunity to play this year to prove he wasn't damaged goods, and we gave him one chance before he had most of our plays understood. Then we made him throw 53 times so he could be the laughing stock of the league.

If we weren't going to play him at least a few times, we never should have signed him. There were other teams who would have not benched him permanently, and really wanted him.

This sounds like a power struggle between Spielman and Frazier, and Frazier wasn't above making a fool out of Freeman to maintain control. Until I hear something more definitive to make me reconsider, THAT is my take.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

purpledoom is offline Starter
    Gotta say I am shocked that Cassell will start Sunday. Pleasantly so. As far as Freeman goes I agree totally if they weren't going to give him a shot they should never have signed him.

rockymtdan is offline Rookie
    Freemen is our secret weapon, dont let anybody get film of him and sign him to a low ball contract. It is all a conspiracy.
    Next year in walk Frazier,Musgrave, Williams and Spielman like the Fantastic 4 and blow this league up!
    I think i will puke now.
    Last edited by rockymtdan; 12-12-2013 at 11:23 AM.
    Go ahead back up your to close away.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Matt Cassell to Start This Sunday

I think cassell is garbage but gives us a better chance than ponder. I wish we'd start ponder. Well I actually want to watch freeman but our coaches are too moronic for that.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by rockymtdan View Post
    Freemen is our secret weapon, dont let anybody get film of him and sign him to a low ball contract. It is all a conspiracy.
    Next year in walk Frazier,Musgrave, Williams and Spielman like the Fantastic 4 and blow this league up!
    I think i will puke now.
    Yep, Josh Freeman is going to jump at the chance & sign a long term contract for next to nothing with the same team that refused to give him more than 1 shot.

(sarcasm off)

Sorry to disappoint you, but IMO Freeman can't wait to hit FA so he can get the hell out of MN & sign for a team willing to give him a chance to play.

If he was as good as you believe he is, they'd already be starting him.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

rockymtdan is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Yep, Josh Freeman is going to jump at the chance & sign a long term contract for next to nothing with the same team that refused to give him more than 1 shot.

Sorry to disappoint you, but IMO Freeman can't wait to hit FA so he can get the hell out of MN & sign for a team willing to give him a chance to play.

\

(sarcasm off) Did you miss the "going to puke now" ?
    We need to shit can all current QBs on the roster and start over.
    Go ahead back up your to close away.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp
    Tell that to Patterson, Floyd and Cole. This FO can't spot starting talent.
    Hell Ponder is in the mix to start every week.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    I am beginning to believe if Cassel had been starting since week 4 we would be in the lead in this piss poor division
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.