Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rage4Order is offline Rookie
    We all know he should have started the rest of year after win over Pittsburgh. He did the right thing, and now Vikes have done right thing. Only F.A. QB I wanted. Good move..

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    Meh, not the sexy move I was hoping for, but probably a solid signing. I doubt he was guaranteed anything more than a chance to compete for a starting spot.
    What "sexy" move were you hoping for? Michael Vick? Matt Schaub? Or just drafting a rook and handing him the keys day one?

I coulda gone for Schaub, but my guess is that Cassel comes at a bit smaller price tag. At least gives me a little hope for the upcoming season.

Make no mistake: Cassel is the Vikings starting QB in 2014 unless a rookie really blows everyone away in OTAs and camps. Ponder will battle a rookie for the backup role.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

johnkdbr is offline Training Camp
    Good sign. Now trade Ponder to a team that runs the read option. Ponder would flourish in that kind of system. I still scratch my head wondering why the Vikes did not use more of the read...Ponder can flat out run & we would of been a much more dangerous offense using Ponder that way. I mean if you draft a QB in the first round then you got to make your system fit his talents...Not saying Ponder was loaded with talent but in a read option system he probably would have done a whole hell of a lot better.

I like this move but in fairness there are not a whole lot of options. I think he's a serviceable quarterback who shows good things and bad things. I think he might flourish so to speak under this coaching staff. I don't expect him to become Joe Montana but I think he will play some solid ball.

I'm not sure who they will draft as a future quarterback but at least we don't have to throw him to the wolves right out of the gate.

I would like to see solid line play to give Matt a little bit more time this year. Again, I think this staff will bring out the best in our roster and no more of this kid glove, mamby pamby crap.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

johnkdbr is offline Training Camp
    You gotta remember that Cassel thrived under New Englands system & Norv Turner's system is basically coached the same. Very disciplined! Ya do your job every play from the line to the recievers, to the backs & QB. If not....next man up. Cassel could make a run at a level just below Rogers, Brady, Manning, Brees.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Matt Cassel re-ups with the Vikings for two more years

Yea, what everyone said. Safe play.

smegmavike is offline Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by johnkdbr View Post
    You gotta remember that Cassel thrived under New Englands system & Norv Turner's system is basically coached the same. Very disciplined! Ya do your job every play from the line to the recievers, to the backs & QB. If not....next man up. Cassel could make a run at a level just below Rogers, Brady, Manning, Brees.
    Actually, that isn't likely to happen unless they transform the line into a top 5 pass blocking line. But if that happens, Cassel will be more than adequate.

purpleblood32 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    garoppolo makes sense at 2nd ...zim is a savy coach he will let his players at all position battle it out ..start the best guy

Brewtal is offline Starter
    Really excited about the new coaching staff and who they have. Sorry, Frazier was not a good coach. A good person, and perhaps a better coordinator. This new coaching staff will bring out the best in the players and I think Cassel was our best option for this season. Not much out there, be it a rookie or a free agent.

VikingsFan1234 is offline Starter
    I do not care for this signing but yeah, the Vikings do not have a choice, Cassell is better than anything the Vikings have right now

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast