Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

Matt Cassel re-ups with the Vikings for two more years

the Vikings have held onto Matt Cassel, as Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network reports Cassel has agreed to a new two-year deal.
    Matt Cassel re-ups with the Vikings for two more years | ProFootballTalk

We'll see if he starts or not but I'm glad about this move. He was my first choice for a veteran guy.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    This is good news IMHO. Draft a rookie (somewhere, maybe first round, maybe not), and let Cassel start while the rookie learns the ropes. Ponder can hold a clipboard.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Tad7 View Post
    the Vikings have held onto Matt Cassel, as Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network reports Cassel has agreed to a new two-year deal.
    Matt Cassel re-ups with the Vikings for two more years | ProFootballTalk

We'll see if he starts or not but I'm glad about this move. He was my first choice for a veteran guy.
    agreed… Cassel made the right choice too. Handing the ball to AD and pitching it to CPatt, Jennings, Rudolph, and (yes), Jarius Wright…isn't a bad gig.

Let's see what happens with Ponder now. It is clear, to me, through this move, that Spielman is working closely with his Staff . Admittedly, that's an assumption, and, Cassel is by no means the savior, but, this is a solid move by our Vikes IMHO.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni
    2 years 10 mill according to La Canfora....not bad
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

313zoe is offline Starter
    Blog Entries

Matt Cassel re-ups with the Vikings for two more years

Good sign now they can focus on defense in tha first rd like Mack, Mosley, Gilbert, and draft Jimmy Garoppolo in rd 2

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    I think now they will draft a QB in the 2nd rd and go defense in the 1st which is fine with me. Hopefully Mack is available at #8 and if not, either Barr or Mosley.. I think we will sign Michael Johnson in free agency, and possibly Verner in the secondary. Then add some studs on defense in the draft and we should be good with this better coaching staff.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    This makes me very happy. I think the Vikings will have a good shot at the play offs. They can draft mainly defense and a developmental QB.
    I will assume Cassel was given some assurance that Ponder would be released or Cassel would be the starter.
    Last edited by smegmavike; 03-07-2014 at 08:26 PM.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Meh, not the sexy move I was hoping for, but probably a solid signing. I doubt he was guaranteed anything more than a chance to compete for a starting spot.

Brewtal is offline Starter
    I agree this is the right move. There are just not any top notch QB's available, Cassel is the best that we can hope for this season, like others said someone to groom a rookie behind. I am not real excited about any of the top ranked rookie QB's and having the 8th pick was just a good option.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    I can't say that I am elated, but I am relieved. Maybe one of these guy can be Brad Johnson, the one with the Bucs.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast