Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by snowinapril View Post
    Is this fact or opinion? Is it based on the videos or an article?

Felton said "Christian is playing really well in OTAs" in the Vikings media vault videos.
    I think it is just opinion as there is little info about the OTAs outside thee Vikings videos. Looking forward to training camp...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Opinions? On PP.O? Surely you jest.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Do we have two sinkers in the bottom of the bowl with the hope that one will become a floater ?

Fortunately, they aren't really close to playing yet, so there is time for improvement. The Vikings have had quarterbacks who looked good in the pre season only to bomb in the regular season. Though I'm skeptical of both Ponder and Cassel, it seems a bit early to pass judgment.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    Do we have two sinkers in the bottom of the bowl with the hope that one will become a floater ?

Fortunately, they aren't really close to playing yet, so there is time for improvement. The Vikings have had quarterbacks who looked good in the pre season only to bomb in the regular season. Though I'm skeptical of both Ponder and Cassel, it seems a bit early to pass judgment.
    I'm quite content with cassel as backup actually. With him, we know what we get. It's not like TJ or McNabb, where we hope he can play well, or live up to the potential. We know Cassel isn't a superstar, but he's also proven to be effecient if he has a receiver to throw to. He doesn't make alot of bad turnovers, and can move the ball. That's all this offense needs. If Ponder can't go, I have no problem giving it over to Cassel

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post

I'm shocked.
    This... beat me to it.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

I have a feeling we are going to hear this topic very often this season if Ponder isn't lights out right away...

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    I'm quite content with cassel as backup actually. With him, we know what we get. It's not like TJ or McNabb, where we hope he can play well, or live up to the potential. We know Cassel isn't a superstar, but he's also proven to be effecient if he has a receiver to throw to. He doesn't make alot of bad turnovers, and can move the ball. That's all this offense needs. If Ponder can't go, I have no problem giving it over to Cassel
    Through the first 5 games last year he had 14 turnovers, more than any other QB. He was then benched for Brady Quinn.
    He finished last year with 19 turnovers in 9 games.
    Ponder had 17 turnovers in 16 games.
    Last edited by jmcdon00; 06-13-2013 at 04:07 PM.

Blog Entries

Matt Cassel Outplaying Ponder in OTAs/MInicamp

We have far more offensive talent than he had in KC so it isn't unrealistic to expect him to play better here. He played pretty well in NE when he filled in for Brady.

Blog Entries

Matt Cassel Outplaying Ponder in OTAs/MInicamp

Then again I was personally hoping we would have gotten Stanzi if we were taking a QB from KC

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    The Vikings have two of the worst quarterbacks, statistically, in the NFL last season. This is the most important position on the field, and the Vikings believe that one of these guys will suddenly get much better. It could happen, but the odds are long against it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast