Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    313zoe is offline Starter
    Blog Entries

Matt Cassel Expected To Void Contract

Wat if they trade for Kirk Cousins, or Brain Hoyer and give up a draft pick and Ponder or trade up for a QB
    Last edited by 313zoe; 02-05-2014 at 04:33 PM.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 313zoe View Post
    Wat if they trade for Kirk Cousins, or Brain Hoyer and give up a draft pick and Ponder or trade up for a QB
    Those guys are not worth trading picks. Maybe if we traded a guy like Joe Webb or one of our shitty cornerbacks it might be OK but I don't see Cousins as any better than some of the guys we could draft in rounds 2-4. Hoyer looked very good before blowing up his knee. I was on his bandwagon last year and just cringed when he went down on that play but I am not sure if what we saw there was real or a mirage. I would not give a high pick just to find out.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Not sure but I thought Mort said only 500K was guaranteed money out of the 3.7 million. By opting out he will assure himself of more guaranteed money if the Vikings do sign him in free agency. If he goes elsewhere, so what. If he makes it to a superbowl, it will be as a back up.

Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    Not sure but I thought Mort said only 500K was guaranteed money out of the 3.7 million. By opting out he will assure himself of more guaranteed money if the Vikings do sign him in free agency. If he goes elsewhere, so what. If he makes it to a superbowl, it will be as a back up.
    Apparently you didn't see T-Joke sling the ball around at the end of the super bowl.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

MaxVike is online now Team Alumni
    Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    I would leave too if I were him. The team doesn't deserve to have a decent backup QB after the way they treated him. I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of players bolt for the door as soon as they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Spielman and Ziggy are gone? Where did they go?
    Interesting…please share how Spielman and/or Ziggy mistreated Cassel.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post

Interesting…please share how Spielman and/or Ziggy mistreated Cassel.
    By asking that question I assume you are in the camp that believes Frazier singlehandedly gave Ponder the job to start the season, then did an about face, singlehandedly brought in Freeman, then benched him in favor of Ponder and only went to Cassel as a last resort?

MaxVike is online now Team Alumni
    By asking that question I assume you are in the camp that believes Frazier singlehandedly gave Ponder the job to start the season, then did an about face, singlehandedly brought in Freeman, then benched him in favor of Ponder and only went to Cassel as a last resort?
    "Camp" is a bullshit indictment. Here is my point…since, you won't really make yours.

Spielman is the GM. He brought in Freeman, perhaps (but unknown) with support from Frazier, convincing Ownership that it would help (I emphasize help) determine the QB way forward for the Vikings. Done so because he is/was not convinced that neither Cassel nor Ponder were the mid or long-term answer at the position.

The decision on who starts, on the field, at least as described by Spielman and Ownership is the Head Coach's call. I don't have enough time to find and attach all of the player's comments which indicted Frazier for starting Freeman and sticking with Ponder…you've seen them, we all have.

Voiding the contract has nothing to do with Zygi or Spielman IMHO…rather, Cassel is looking for a 2 year contract, or more money for one year. I won't be surprised if either is with the Vikings.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni
    Ponder was Fraziers boy..Freeman was brought in cuz Spielman saw something in him that Ponder couldn't provide. This pissed Frazier off, in return Frazier throws Freeman to the wolves after 4 days, and that basically was a big FU to Spielman. Those 2 had a pissing match between each other, and the casualties were the QB's.

Meh, who cares...

Yeah he was good backup to have on the team but does anyone really believe he'd have the chance to start next season???? Maybe he wasn't guaranteed much money and deserves more, but I honestly believe his best shot is with vikes. Great, maybe he will go get paid a little more, good for him. He still only be a "better paid" backup....

Nothing against Cassel or his decision, nor am I worried if he goes....just my honest opinion.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Those guys are not worth trading picks. Maybe if we traded a guy like Joe Webb or one of our shitty cornerbacks it might be OK but I don't see Cousins as any better than some of the guys we could draft in rounds 2-4. Hoyer looked very good before blowing up his knee. I was on his bandwagon last year and just cringed when he went down on that play but I am not sure if what we saw there was real or a mirage. I would not give a high pick just to find out.
    I'd be interested in trading for Hoyer. There's a decent in on the coaching staff with Cleveland in Norv Turner. Some of their players, especially Josh Gordon, have spoken really highly of him. I'm not sure how much it would actually cost to trade for Hoyer, not as much as it would cost for Cousins, and I like Hoyer more.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast