Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    If Cassel is going to opt out, my guess is he doesn't see the new coaches using him. By now, he has had the chance to talk (or NOT, which says just as much) with the powers that be. If they told him, "You are our guy next year! We are gonna get a rookie apprentice for ya, but you are the guy!" he would NOT be talking about opting out. Would you?

Most NFL QBs are convinced that if they got one year to prove themselves, with a good supporting cast to be sure, they can either lock the job up for themselves or interest another team by their play. But if Cassel is convinced he is going back to the bench, opting out now and using what he did last season to sell himself is really his only play.

Personally, I think this report tells us a lot more about what the coaches are going to do than where Cassel will be next year.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

keystonevike is offline Starter
    Absolutely NOT Vick. Ever.

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by keystonevike View Post
    Absolutely NOT Vick. Ever.
    Good luck with that. The viking's organization LOVE Eagles cast offs...
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    I would leave too if I were him. The team doesn't deserve to have a decent backup QB after the way they treated him. I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of players bolt for the door as soon as they can.
    I hope all players that don't want to be Vikings leave.

Also, I believe Cassel did this for leverage and more money, the people that treated him the way he was treated are gone. We shall see if it was a good move for him.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

313zoe is offline Starter
    Blog Entries

Matt Cassel Expected To Void Contract

I see tha vikings signing Vick and drafting a QB in tha second round and Norv Turner had Hoyer playing good and he might can do tha same for Vick plus anybody but Ponder

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by drewlovs View Post
    If Cassel is going to opt out, my guess is he doesn't see the new coaches using him. By now, he has had the chance to talk (or NOT, which says just as much) with the powers that be. If they told him, "You are our guy next year! We are gonna get a rookie apprentice for ya, but you are the guy!" he would NOT be talking about opting out. Would you?

Most NFL QBs are convinced that if they got one year to prove themselves, with a good supporting cast to be sure, they can either lock the job up for themselves or interest another team by their play. But if Cassel is convinced he is going back to the bench, opting out now and using what he did last season to sell himself is really his only play.

Personally, I think this report tells us a lot more about what the coaches are going to do than where Cassel will be next year.
    Agreed, if Cassel opts out, it is probably more related to how he is valued by the new staff vs how he was treated last year.

VikingsFan1234 is offline Starter
    Michael Vick is trash! If Michael Vick comes here, I would not be surprised if he is McNabb, throwing football into the ground left and right

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    I hope all players that don't want to be Vikings leave.

Also, I believe Cassel did this for leverage and more money, the people that treated him the way he was treated are gone. We shall see if it was a good move for him.
    Spielman and Ziggy are gone? Where did they go?

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 313zoe View Post
    I see tha vikings signing Vick and drafting a QB in tha second round and Norv Turner had Hoyer playing good and he might can do tha same for Vick plus anybody but Ponder
    I sat by while they brought in a myriad of old, has been QB's from Old man manning all the way to McChunky. While Ponder did not work out I was at least glad they tried to draft a young guy and have the long term stability you get from drafting and developing a QB. If they go back to bringing in an old, washed up, has-been QB to try to extract one last shot at glory It will signal they have learned nothing and have no real desire to build a long term winning team.

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    Damn. I was hoping he would stay and we would draft a young guy to learn for a year or two. I would be a little surprised if the new staff said he was not in their plans.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast