i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Matt Birk the snitch?

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:

Big Pat would know. Ol' man Birk still a top 5 center. Really steadying that young o-line over there in Baltimore.
    +1

Pat Williams had never met a center he wasn't willing to trash verbally in the days leading up to a game.

Wednesday, he made an exception, calling former teammate Matt Birk one of the top five centers in the league.
    Yet Marrdro would like to lead us to believe him, rather than listen to Phat Pat who faced him everyday in practice.

Quick question. Who knows more about what kind of player Birk is, P-Will or Marrdro?
    Silly man.
    Find me one place were I said Matt wasn't a good center.
    What I said was he didn't fit the scheme and his old jiggly butt can't pull anymore.

Quick question, you noticed how many screen plays are working this year?
    Most will think its ole Noodle Arm but I contend it has more to do with the C getting his fat jiggly butt out were he belongs in time.

:P
    If the search worked better, I'd find your quote where you stated he wasn't even in the top 10.

Several times last year ole Matty was downfield blocking. I even posted a video showing it, but I believe you either missed it or ignored it.
    I never ignore you, you know that.
    Probably missed it.

As to the top 10, I don't think he is in the top ten ANYMORE.
    By the way, did I miss it or did you ignore my question?
    Why are our screen plays working now?

Is Sullivan always pulling?

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:

Big Pat would know. Ol' man Birk still a top 5 center. Really steadying that young o-line over there in Baltimore.
    +1

Pat Williams had never met a center he wasn't willing to trash verbally in the days leading up to a game.

Wednesday, he made an exception, calling former teammate Matt Birk one of the top five centers in the league.
    Yet Marrdro would like to lead us to believe him, rather than listen to Phat Pat who faced him everyday in practice.

Quick question. Who knows more about what kind of player Birk is, P-Will or Marrdro?
    Silly man.
    What I said was he didn't fit the scheme and his old jiggly butt can't pull anymore.

Most will think its ole Noodle Arm but I contend it has more to do with the C getting his fat jiggly butt out were he belongs in time.

If the search worked better, I'd find your quote where you stated he wasn't even in the top 10.

Several times last year ole Matty was downfield blocking. I even posted a video showing it, but I believe you either missed it or ignored it.
    Probably missed it.

The problem with the Vikes screen plays in the past wasn't the blocking getting set up, it was the D seeing it coming and busting it up.
    A good screen play is about deception and timing.
    Favre has always been a master of the screen pass because of those two attributes.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:

+1

Silly man.

Probably missed it.

1. We are calling more of them. In the past we relied to heavily on AD.

2. The Addition of speedster Harvin, the now 100% healthy Rice, coupled with the addition of Favre.

Those things IMO, are what have us running more screens & NOT simply Birk being replaced by Sullivan, which is your belief.

If Birk was still here, we'd probably still run the offense the same way we have been doing it thus far this year.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345