Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Matt Birk on the Defensive

[size=13pt]Vikings’ Birk believes in Jackson[/size]

Friday, May 16, 2008

Posted by Jonathan Mohr
    realfootball365.com

Take it for what it’s worth, but Minnesota Vikings center Matt Birk thinks third-year quarterback Tarvaris Jackson has the skills necessary to lead the team to a successful season in 2008.....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

Alas, poor Matt Birk, another great Viking that fans decided they don't like and don't want anymore.
    He still has me as a fan.
    And Mar game tape is important but good lord you blab on and on about it for every player like it's the Bible.
    Do you think Matt Birk's playing is dependent on missing a couple of game tape sessions at this point off his career?
    I can understand with young guys learning what they're doing wrong but I think a all-pro level vet like Birk can handle missing voluntary practices.
    Good lord you'd think he was 98 and forgot everything he knows about playing Center in the NFL.
    Although I'm sure if Birk watched a couple extra tape sessions he'd stop being such a crappy center(yeah really crappy
    : ).
    Man I don't even know why he's been playing with us this long, what a cancer, we should just give him his pink slip before he makes other vets stop watching game tape.
    What a load of crap it is attacking a guy like Birk.
    Maybe in the next couple years we can jump on every hating older players bandwagon there is.
    The guy is getting old in football years and he's not as quick as he once was, but he's still a great center and we aren't going to find anybody better for at least a couple years.
    I'd rather have an aging Birk than
    Moses.
    Also I can only assume Brian Urlacher is now the worst linebacker in the league because he also missed a couple of game tape sessions.
    Please.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"Schutz" wrote:
    Alas, poor Matt Birk, another great Viking that fans decided they don't like and don't want anymore.
    And Mar game tape is important but good lord you blab on and on about it for every player like it's the Bible.
    Do you think Matt Birk's playing is dependent on missing a couple of game tape sessions at this point off his career?
    I can understand with young guys learning what they're doing wrong but I think a all-pro level vet like Birk can handle missing voluntary practices.
    Good lord you'd think he was 98 and forgot everything he knows about playing Center in the NFL.
    Although I'm sure if Birk watched a couple extra tape sessions he'd stop being such a crappy center(yeah really crappy
    Man I don't even know why he's been playing with us this long, what a cancer, we should just give him his pink slip before he makes other vets stop watching game tape.
    Maybe in the next couple years we can jump on every hating older players bandwagon there is.
    The guy is getting old in football years and he's not as quick as he once was, but he's still a great center and we aren't going to find anybody better for at least a couple years.
    Moses.
    Also I can only assume Brian Urlacher is now the worst linebacker in the league because he also missed a couple of game tape sessions.
    Please.
    Amen to that!
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

"Schutz" wrote:
    Moses.
    Please.
    good post

Thanks josdin00

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I would think a more critical time to get the offense going and work on the chemistry would be the preseason which is why I was amazed last preseason when the coaching staff decided to treat our new QB and struggling line as a well oiled machine and rested them so early instead of keeping them in a little longer to work things out. That was especially bad in the final preseason game when Jackson and the starters played only about 2 series before they were benched.

Nightgaunt is offline Starter

"Schutz" wrote:
    Moses.
    Please.
    Amen to that. This guy does NOT need to be watching some tape. He could play center and bark out orders to the line in his sleep. Step off his ballz already folks.....

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

upset we got a center in the draft?
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"Schutz" wrote:

Moses.
    Please.
    You just made up everything you are talking about, I havn't heard anybody talk about him as a cancer, or
    giving him his pink slip, next year when he's a FA there will be no pink slip, just a quiet goodbye. Getting other players to stop watching game tape? What are you taking about?

By the way nobody attacked him, the honest truth has been spoken, granted some folks don't like to here it.

Also not many people hate Matt Birk, some realize he's on the decline and should be replaced soon. Our staff will find an adequate replacement no problem, same with Bryant McKinnie in due time if need be.

Your Brian Urlacher analysis is worthless and full of dillusion. Only your imagination would think that up.

Formo is offline Team Alumni

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    Maybe Birk needs these camps, we definitly had miscommunication on the OLine, including a few blown assignments by the caller himself. He also looked winded in a few games, having trouble competing at the same level before the surguries. Since then he has not been as good but I also consider that many defenders stack the box, before when we had Moss his days were easier. Hopefully with the new addition we can make life easier for the offensive line. If everything pans out Birk could see a stellar season but I don't know about signing to retire here.

Someone brought up Winfield in the sense of skipping voluntaries. Might I add Winfield had a slow start, inparticularly the first four games of season, later on in the season he had unusuall injuries. Other than Eras and a few dings our whole team stayed relatively healthy last season, I credit the strength and conditioning.

This is a tuff scheme for olineman, we have not been consistent and the pocket colapses too much. Birk might know the scheme like the back of his hand but it doesn't mean he's executing it to our standards. Probably a good reason why he has not been resigned.

Sharper could be replaced this year by Tyrell, he's that good and smart. Next year it would be very difficult to keep him off the field. Sharper also has a history of speaking to media in ways he probably shouldn't another reason why I can see a quiet goodbye. For now he should remain the veteran starter. There's no way we resign him to retire unless he decides to play backup to Tyrell Johnson.

If Winfield has a killer season like usuall and stays healthy I hope he gets his extension. He's truely the heart of the defense along with Pat, I've watched him his entire Viking carear and when he's not playing it hurts our team.
    Dude, I respect what you are saying.. but did you even read the link I posted?
    The one where Birk said he felt the best he's ever felt, even before his injuries?
    He'll have a great year, and he'll play until he retires.

As for Sharper..
    I see his situation going alot of different directions.
    But I don't see Tyrell taking over his spot until well into next season.
    Tyrell is good, but this is the NFL.
    How often does a rookie safety make a big enough impact on a defense to take over the starting position?
    Now try to imagine that happening to a Pro Bowl safety.
    Unless Sharper gets injured, I just can't see Tyrell taking over his spot until next season at the earliest.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"Formo" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    Maybe Birk needs these camps, we definitly had miscommunication on the OLine, including a few blown assignments by the caller himself. He also looked winded in a few games, having trouble competing at the same level before the surguries. Since then he has not been as good but I also consider that many defenders stack the box, before when we had Moss his days were easier. Hopefully with the new addition we can make life easier for the offensive line. If everything pans out Birk could see a stellar season but I don't know about signing to retire here.

Someone brought up Winfield in the sense of skipping voluntaries. Might I add Winfield had a slow start, inparticularly the first four games of season, later on in the season he had unusuall injuries. Other than Eras and a few dings our whole team stayed relatively healthy last season, I credit the strength and conditioning.

This is a tuff scheme for olineman, we have not been consistent and the pocket colapses too much. Birk might know the scheme like the back of his hand but it doesn't mean he's executing it to our standards. Probably a good reason why he has not been resigned.

Sharper could be replaced this year by Tyrell, he's that good and smart. Next year it would be very difficult to keep him off the field. Sharper also has a history of speaking to media in ways he probably shouldn't another reason why I can see a quiet goodbye. For now he should remain the veteran starter. There's no way we resign him to retire unless he decides to play backup to Tyrell Johnson.

If Winfield has a killer season like usuall and stays healthy I hope he gets his extension. He's truely the heart of the defense along with Pat, I've watched him his entire Viking carear and when he's not playing it hurts our team.
    Dude, I respect what you are saying.. but did you even read the link I posted?
    The one where Birk said he felt the best he's ever felt, even before his injuries?
    He'll have a great year, and he'll play until he retires.

As for Sharper..
    I see his situation going alot of different directions.
    But I don't see Tyrell taking over his spot until well into next season.
    Tyrell is good, but this is the NFL.
    How often does a rookie safety make a big enough impact on a defense to take over the starting position?
    Now try to imagine that happening to a Pro Bowl safety.
    Unless Sharper gets injured, I just can't see Tyrell taking over his spot until next season at the earliest.
    Yeah I read it. I'm surprised it wasn't a bigger deal back then as opposed to now. Its likely the number of years on the contract, I can see that its possible for the media to overblow the money/contract part due to this being the last year on his contract. I think he could have a solid season, but we could always get better. There's no doubt he plays till he retires thats what players usually do.

I'm with you on Tyrell not seeing the spot this season, it will be nice to give him a chance to learn first and be even more prepared for the following year when he will start. To be quite honest the NFL better get ready for Tyrell cause he's packing some serious punch. Top rated safties often have good luck if not great luck very early in there carears, especailly as of late. Just to name a few, Bob Sanders, Ed Reed, Laron Landry, Sean Taylor, and
    Donte Whitner. Tyrell belongs in this group. He's got amazing physical numbers, production numbers to go with an outstanding work ethic and smarts. He will be a killa!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast