Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Matt Birk on the Defensive

This is an intresting interview, I was shocked to see he decided to do an interview then the question came about Voluntaries and he got a bit jumpy and never really answered the question. I would have liked to hear his side of story or why we should believe otherwise about him skipping voluntarees. He made some comment about the media being our Bible to the truth but truth is Matt Birk skipped voluntaries, right?

I don't like anyone skipping anything volunteery or mandatory. What reason is there to do so? The guy interviewing punked out and started being friendly instead of getting to the Honest truth out of the sacred cow.

http://www.kfan.com/cc-common/podcas...AN_Vikings.xml

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Matt Birk on the Defensive

He has been sketchy about OTAs i nthe past, so this is nothing new.
    Plus, he calls in or guest hosts KFan all the time, so don't read too much into it.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

stateVIKE44 is offline Pro-Bowler

plus (as stated in another thread) he's been training with that dude who is trying to pick up Jared Allen as a client too. He says he feels better after training with that guy than doing the Vikes workouts.
    "I play for the love of the game; I play because there is no greater feeling than hearing 80,000 fans screaming when you smack somebody!"
    ~ Jared Allen

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

I can't find anything on where he skipped out in the past, I do remeber Winfield skipping out but never Birk. Maybe I'm missing something but whenever a guy skips the media is all over it.

Hopefully Jared Allen doesn't decide to do what Birk is doing, for one thing the Head Coach dislikes it and we paid him alot of money to see him in our strength and conditioning programs.

Formo is offline Team Alumni

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    I can't find anything on where he skipped out in the past, I do remeber Winfield skipping out but never Birk. Maybe I'm missing something but whenever a guy skips the media is all over it.

Hopefully Jared Allen doesn't decide to do what Birk is doing, for one thing the Head Coach dislikes it and we paid him alot of money to see him in our strength and conditioning programs.
    Yup..
    Ever since Birk was introduced to Mike Morris (the dude that stateVIKE44 spoke of), he has skipped every volunteer workout to train with Morris.
    The reason why Birk was so 'defensive' was that the media's been hyping that he's mad because he hasn't gotten a contract extention so he skipped voluntaries..
    When the truth was he has always skipped to train with 'SuperStar'.

And as far as Allen goes, I would be just as excited, if not more so, if he decided to train with Morris as well.
    Morris is an animal at his age..
    Oh, and Birk has equated his physical success in the NFL to Morris's training.

I'd say it's a good thing.

I wouldn't be worried about Birky any time soon..
    I bet he signs after this year, and this whole 'Birk is mad, so he skips voluntaries, then Chilly lets him go' incident will be water under the bridge.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

There is a point where people will want to have their program made how they feel is best.

ok.. in the first 4 years of yer contract u might stick exactly to what the teams says. but say in birk's case. he knows that his workout is going to help him fix HIS exact requirements for physical training..

now have u seen birk? he's huge, solid, and seems so ready to be a bulldozer on the line.

so. am i worried about him missing the weights, and volunteers?
    naa. he'll be there for the most part, and anchoring that line.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Formo is offline Team Alumni

"digital420" wrote:
    There is a point where people will want to have their program made how they feel is best.

ok.. in the first 4 years of yer contract u might stick exactly to what the teams says. but say in birk's case. he knows that his workout is going to help him fix HIS exact requirements for physical training..

now have u seen birk? he's huge, solid, and seems so ready to be a bulldozer on the line.

so. am i worried about him missing the weights, and volunteers?
    naa. he'll be there for the most part, and anchoring that line.

DiGiTaL
    The thing is..
    He's not missing the weights.
    With Morris, he's hittin' them harder I bet.
    But otherwise, you're right.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Birk is a long time veteran, and he has lasted this long because he knows how to take care of himself. I look for him to be stronger and improve over last season being a year removed from all those surgeries. Then just like big Pat, he'll get a new contract and finish his career as a Viking.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Skipping workouts is one thing I can kindof understand as he is getting older and a workout tailored to make him physically better is probably a good thing at this point in his career.

What pisses me off to no end is that he isn't there in the film study sessions figuring out what needs to be fixed with respect to overall line play and how he and TJ will overcome some of those issues related to pre-snap reads.

Skipping workouts = OK
    ;D
    Skipping important film study sessions = Not so Much.
    >
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Skipping workouts is one thing I can kindof understand as he is getting older and a workout tailored to make him physically better is probably a good thing at this point in his career.

What pisses me off to no end is that he isn't there in the film study sessions figuring out what needs to be fixed with respect to overall line play and how he and TJ will overcome some of those issues related to pre-snap reads.

Skipping workouts = OK
    ;D
    Skipping important film study sessions = Not so Much.
    >
    That is a good point. I don't care if he does not work out but he should be there for this. Very important IMO. Well at least the Center we drafted will be there.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast