Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Birk

jorgie is offline Rookie

Matt Birk

According to the PP today Matt Birk, 6 time Pro Bowler and probably the best center in the NFL doesn't get along well with Brad Childress.

I think we all know what that means. :'(

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Matt Birk

we need to keep him and Jimmy K

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"jorgie" wrote:
    According to the PP today Matt Birk, 6 time Pro Bowler and probably the best center in the NFL doesn't get along well with Brad Childress.

The ballboy is keeping busy?
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Birk needs to pick up on pre snap reads

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Prophet" wrote:
    "jorgie" wrote:

LOL, yet another attempt at trying to find some crack in the locker room between the HC and the players.

I for one will be watching with interest what Matty B says when/if he isn't with the Vikes next year.
    He is a touch of class and always has been. I bet him and the Chiller see things about the same.

Only issue I think that could be taken with a grain of salt/hardship was his choice not to workout with the team during the offseason in some of the selected "opportunities" that were presented.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

It's easy, if he demands a whole lot of money he's signing his own death sentence. He hasn't been spectacular this year but wants to be resigned. What do you do with old players who are declining and want big time money? We should not let him go if his replacement isn't ready but he's running his own ass out of town should he demand a load of money.
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"jorgie" wrote:

"Best Center in the NFL"?
    I guess that's why he made the probowl this year.
    He's a little past his prime to be considered the best in the NFL

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "jorgie" wrote:

LOL, yet another attempt at trying to find some crack in the locker room between the HC and the players.

I for one will be watching with interest what Matty B says when/if he isn't with the Vikes next year.
    He is a touch of class and always has been. I bet him and the Chiller see things about the same.

Only issue I think that could be taken with a grain of salt/hardship was his choice not to workout with the team during the offseason in some of the selected "opportunities" that were presented.
    Birk decided to work out with the Superstar instead of the team is the only thing i have ever heard of Birk and Childress butting heads on.
    I listen to the Powertrip every morning and I remember Mike talking about lifting with birk before the season and that Childress didnt really like that.

I would like to see Birk back, he has a good relationship with hutch also.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Birk's level of play has really fallen off these past couple years, especially this year.
    I think he was a great player, but it's possible he's run his course with the team.
    Same goes for Sharper.
    I wouldn't expect either to be re-signed.

Hopefully Tyrell Johnson can develop into a great player, but I'm a little more worried about our situation on the O-line.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

PurplePowerPunch is offline Pro-Bowler

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Birk's level of play has really fallen off these past couple years, especially this year.
    I think he was a great player, but it's possible he's run his course with the team.
    Same goes for Sharper.
    I wouldn't expect either to be re-signed.

Hopefully Tyrell Johnson can develop into a great player, but I'm a little more worried about our situation on the O-line.
    Yeah, cause he was all out of position against the Eagles. Birk has declined alot the past few years. Time to see what Sullivan has!

ALL DAY!!!

Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast