Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Marrdro Agrees with Mr. Tom Powers

Tom Powers: Two stubborn guys need to agree to two simple ground rules
    Marrdro's comment follows:
    I know the Hammer will probably merge this with one of the other threads on this topic, however, I just couldn't resist.

The yutz has finally written something worth reading.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Marrdro Agrees with Mr. Tom Powers

Marrdro wrote:
    I know the Hammer will probably merge this with one of the other threads on this topic, however, I just couldn't resist.

You've finally shredded the last bit of credibility you had left on my spreadsheet. I've locked your column from updating.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

You've finally shredded the last bit of credibility you had left on my spreadsheet. I've locked your column from updating.

=Z=
    ...snicker.....I had to re-read it twice to make sure I couldn't find something to dislike about it.

He was actually quite funny throughout.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Marrdro, you must have missed this part:

However, to suggest that the signing of Favre might now turn out to be a mistake, as some Vikings fans are today, is ridiculous. And is putting "panicky" and "Vikings fans" in the same sentence considered redundant? Breathe deeply, folks. The Vikings still have the capability of making a playoff run. This remains their best chance to do something special.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

NodakPaul wrote:

However, to suggest that the signing of Favre might now turn out to be a mistake, as some Vikings fans are today, is ridiculous. And is putting "panicky" and "Vikings fans" in the same sentence considered redundant? Breathe deeply, folks. The Vikings still have the capability of making a playoff run. This remains their best chance to do something special.
    Nope, didn't miss it. What I did miss was my bet who would point it out first, you or Mars. I guessed Mars cause I know how much you hate to get me going on the Noodle.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:

Nope, didn't miss it. What I did miss was my bet who would point it out first, you or Mars. I guessed Mars cause I know how much you hate to get me going on the Noodle.
    In retrospect, I should really know better...

Anyway, it wasn't a bad article from Powers. Every once in a while he interrupts his normal sprewing of garbage to say something intelligent. I think he still did his very best to spin it in a negative light, but even that idiot has to recognize that the Vikes are still in good shape.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Formo is offline Team Alumni

Marrdro wrote:

I'm not a fan of Powers whatsoever.. But I can say I agree with the majority of his article (not the parts that say it's certainly newsworthy with the 'spat' between Favre and Chilly).

As far as Marty goes.. Whatever floats his boat, I guess. lol
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

NodakPaul wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:

In retrospect, I should really know better...
    LOL, I thought you did, thats why I thought Mars would be first....

Anyway, it wasn't a bad article from Powers. Every once in a while he interrupts his normal sprewing of garbage to say something intelligent. I think he still did his very best to spin it in a negative light, but even that idiot has to recognize that the Vikes are still in good shape.
    Loved the ice cream "Audible" line. :woohoo:

Formo wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

I'm not a fan of Powers whatsoever.. But I can say I agree with the majority of his article (not the parts that say it's certainly newsworthy with the 'spat' between Favre and Chilly).

As far as Marty goes.. Whatever floats his boat, I guess. lol
    You crack me up, you soft shell crab eater you...... :P

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

There are a couple of concerns, though. Favre has to be able to audible and use his experience to be effective. The players, especially the receivers, absolutely love him for this. Yet as we are finding out, this is a big problem for his coach. Reining in Favre is asking for trouble. Even making him hesitant to change a play is asking for trouble. Let him do what he does best. In this area, Childress should back off.
    Surprised you agree with this article.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast