Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Mark Wilf: Vikings will “surprise a lot of people”

Mark Wilf says Vikings will “surprise a lot of people”

Vikings owner Zygi Wilf has said that he expects the Vikings to win the division in 2012.
    Mark Wilf says Vikings will “surprise a lot of people” | ProFootballTalk

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Mark Wilf says Vikings will “surprise a lot of people”

Mark Wilf says Vikings will “surprise a lot of people” | ProFootballTalk
    That's not quite what he said...

“I expect to be [NFC North] division champs,” Wilf said, via 1500ESPN.com. “I want to be able to fight for the division, as we always did every year, and get better for years to come. That’s always been our goal and it’s been the goal since the first day I came here.”
    This was in response to a question "What do you expect the Vikings to do this year." Zygi was saying that his goal every year is to win the division. Gotta love the spin that the press puts on it though.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Mark Wilf: Vikings will “surprise a lot of people”

Sell those tickets lol.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    I didn't see the part where Zygi said, "As a part of creating that winning structure, Mark, Leonard, and I are stepping back and allowing the Football guys to run the show. After all, as much as we enjoy owning the franchise and being a part of the Viking family, we really aren't the ones best suited to building a great franchise."

Until I see something to that effect, I'll continue to be a big believer in "FIRE MARK WILF"

Caine

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    "Surprise" in that they will play even worse than last season?

"Surprise" that they elevated their questionable personnel guy to GM?

"Surprise" that they hired no name or failed coaches elsewhere and had high expectations of success?

"Surprise" that fans are upset that the winning franchise tradition has been lost?

Surprises are not all good.

I hope hope for better, and I am guardedly optimistic, but so far I have not seen much to change the Vikings fate in 2012.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Bump
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    It is still early.

The Vikings have upgraded in some areas, but I fear that the defense is too docile and the offense has trouble throwing longer than twelve yards. The Vikings lack depth, and the coaches trip over themselves to make questionable calls.

The Vikings will win some games that look like losses on paper, and the Vikings will likely lose some that look like wins. I hope for the best, so more of the former and less of the latter would be nice.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    It is still early.

The Vikings have upgraded in some areas, but I fear that the defense is too docile and the offense has trouble throwing longer than twelve yards. The Vikings lack depth, and the coaches trip over themselves to make questionable calls.

The Vikings will win some games that look like losses on paper, and the Vikings will likely lose some that look like wins. I hope for the best, so more of the former and less of the latter would be nice.
    Our defense the past two weeks has been anything but docile, Simpson had 57 yards through the air and another 50 in PI calls against Detroit, and I haven't seen any more questionable calls from our staff this year than I have from other staffs.

I don't think we have trouble throwing more than 12 yards - I think our offensive game plan is to focus on short, accurate passes.

I do agree on the depth issue, but even with key injuries at LB, S, and a suspension at WR we still performed.

It IS still early, and I expect we are overperforming right now, but even with that said I can admit that the Vikings are a better team than I thought they would be this year.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

tarkenton10 is online now Star Spokesman
    We are looking good but who didn't think we would be 2-2 or 3-1 at this point. I thought we would be 2-2 and 3-2 after the next game. So we really haven't done anything other than show we are very inconsistent. We lost to Indy, that should have never happened but we beat the 9ers who'da thunk it.

The outlook for this year is still about the same for me, we will finish 6-10, 7-9 IMO>

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    We are looking good but who didn't think we would be 2-2 or 3-1 at this point. I thought we would be 2-2 and 3-2 after the next game. So we really haven't done anything other than show we are very inconsistent. We lost to Indy, that should have never happened but we beat the 9ers who'da thunk it.

The outlook for this year is still about the same for me, we will finish 6-10, 7-9 IMO>
    I like the approach of breaking the season into four quarters. The first quarter IMO isn't so much about the level of play and hitting on all cylinders as it is about finding ways to win ball games so that you are in the playoff hunt. You really want the team playing at its best at the end of the season and showing continual improvement as it goes on.

Let's see how we do in the next four games and see if this team has a legitimate chance at the playoffs. If so, then the real test will come for this young team and coaches. Like you, I think this team has a long ways to go . But they are playing better right now than I expected. I'm enjoying the season more than I thought I would and look forward to see how they do over the next several games.

Starting with the Titans, who will probably play much tougher than many are expecting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast