Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Mark Schlereth gives us the "STINK"!

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=44893.msg780509#msg780509 date=1211109133]
    [quote author=singersp link=topic=44893.msg780312#msg780312 date=1211045737]
    [quote author=StillPurple link=topic=44893.msg778553#msg778553 date=1210715910]

The problem with Tarvaris is that except for one aspect: poise in the pocket, I am not so sure that he can really work on the negatives. I mean, how do you work on mechanics and accuracy ? I thought you just have those or not.
    You are so stuck on that "poise in the pocket" & jump ball thing, I starting to believe you watched one game all season.

Is this poise enough for you?

[img width=450 height=243]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/singersp82759/Imagex1.jpg[/img]
    LOL, excellent picture Singer.

By the way, anyone notice how gol 'darnit small that pocket is?
    You can almost see every lineman.

Additionally, look at were Cook is.
    (ohhhhh I crack myself up sometimes.
    ;D)
    Where is he? I see Hutch, Birk, AD & Herrera.
    I see Jackson between Peterson and a Bear who is not engaged with a Viking that I assume Peterson should be blocking. If Jackson had stepped back two steps he would have given AD and opportunity to engage that defender and buy himself a bit more time to find an open WR. My guess is the result of the play was that Jackson ended up taking an unnecessary hit and AD ended up blocking nobody. Is there film of that whole play?
    I see it differently......

3 step drop.
    Quick slant to the right side.
    Cook takes his man wide to open the passing lane.
    Herrera seals the end so no one gets in the lane.
    AD chips on LDE, LDT, LB if ones comes around Herrera.

If no one is there for AD to chip/assist with he floats to the flat as the dump off.
    Birk would come off the double team (He and Hutch are on) if the guy busts the middle.

If it was a 5 or 7 step drop though I would agree with ya.
    [/quote]

Good, because it was. I remember the play.
    [/quote]

<COUGH> <COUGH> <BULLSH!T>

That play looks to me like many of the other plays in the Bears game...
    I have the entire game on DVR, I supposed I could re-watch the game video to try and pick it out... but that would really be a lot of time for little point.
    [/quote]

good, get back to me with your update ;D

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

lol, yea Uffda i'm with NP on this one... I really doubt you remember the exact play that that picture is from just by looking at it...

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:

The problem with Tarvaris is that except for one aspect: poise in the pocket, I am not so sure that he can really work on the negatives. I mean, how do you work on mechanics and accuracy ? I thought you just have those or not.
    You are so stuck on that "poise in the pocket" & jump ball thing, I starting to believe you watched one game all season.

Is this poise enough for you?

[img width=450 height=243]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/singersp82759/Imagex1.jpg[/img]
    LOL, excellent picture Singer.

By the way, anyone notice how gol 'darnit small that pocket is?
    You can almost see every lineman.

Additionally, look at were Cook is.
    (ohhhhh I crack myself up sometimes.

;D)
    Where is he? I see Hutch, Birk, AD & Herrera.
    I see Jackson between Peterson and a Bear who is not engaged with a Viking that I assume Peterson should be blocking. If Jackson had stepped back two steps he would have given AD and opportunity to engage that defender and buy himself a bit more time to find an open WR. My guess is the result of the play was that Jackson ended up taking an unnecessary hit and AD ended up blocking nobody. Is there film of that whole play?
    Tarvaris is in the process of throwing with his back to the defense. Obvious 3 step drop.Quick out.
    But I do agree that several times last year Peterson didn't get to his block on time. I blame that on Tarvaris for this reason.
    Peterson lines up deep like he does for a run play. If it's not play action, Tarvaris needs to move him up closer in a position he expects the blitz to come from. Show me a play this year where Tarvaris is under center and moves his back to a different position, and I will know he is getting it.
    Same goes for changing the play after reading the defense.
    Anectdotally, since this is a Bears game picture, I have a different take on the two plays Birk supposedly blew. You know the plays where the linebacker came straight up the middle untouched as Birk vacated the spot.
    The linebacker was Peterson's man. He couldn't get there because he was lined up too deep and the linebacker saw it.
    EJ Henderson does this same thing.
    Moral of the story is the team is young and lacks expierence. The potential appears to be there.
    Peterson also needs to read the blitz better.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    lol, yea Uffda i'm with NP on this one... I really doubt you remember the exact play that that picture is from just by looking at it...
    Well I guess now that you have chimed in it is official.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678