Marcus Sherels

I really like how this guy plays.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pawfo5yCbdY

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Marcus Sherels

Quote Originally Posted by "VikesFan787" #1105233
    I really like how this guy plays.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pawfo5yCbdY
    He had a good game, that's for sure, but it is only 1 game. Hopefully he can play at a high level consistently enough & be a good contributing player for us.

When Madieu Williams first started for us he played well too. Another CB that played great in preseason & showed little after that was Marcus McCauley. Greg Blue ring a bell? How about Jason Carter?

Hopefully Sherels does pan out.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

Fumble aside, he had a pretty good night. Needs to keep it up and more if he has a shot at making the roster.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Meh I thought Tony Carter played better.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

BTW that was a deflected pass. Not that impressive to me plus he fumbled right before that. Tony Carter had some great pass break ups.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

We already have a thread dedicated to Sherels which was made just 4 days ago... by me.

I love how I make these player predictions before everyone else. :P

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "HEY" #1105269
    We already have a thread dedicated to Sherels which was made just 4 days ago... by me.

LOL, that you did my friend. That you did.

Quick question (not only to our good frien HEY), when it comes to "Tipped" INT's should they really be called an INT?

Sherels didn't really intercept anything. Heck one could almost say that the MLB (EJ's) play could have had more of a role in the pick than Sherles did.

Same thing kindof applies for a fumble. Who gets the credit, the guy who actually caused the fumble or the cat who just happened to be in the right place and picked it up?

In most instances the guy who was in the right place at the right time gets the credit.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1105417

Quick question (not only to our good frien HEY), when it comes to "Tipped" INT's should they really be called an INT?

Sherels didn't really intercept anything. Heck one could almost say that the MLB (EJ's) play could have had more of a role in the pick than Sherles did.

Same thing kindof applies for a fumble. Who gets the credit, the guy who actually caused the fumble or the cat who just happened to be in the right place and picked it up?

In most instances the guy who was in the right place at the right time gets the credit.
    Sure, but this is a results based league... you don't get paid for opportunities, you get paid for the end result. Would EJ's play have meant anything if the other guy didn't INT it... or worse if an offensive player had caught it? All EJ did was create an opportunity for an INT or tip drill catch. Causing a fumble? So what if it rolls out of bounds or an offensive player recovers it... sure, you created an opportunity for a turn over but that doesn't help your team nearly as much as physically securing the turn over.

Without the assist, there wouldn't be a goal... but assists don't win games, goals do. So go figure, we concentrate on the goals and gloss over the assists.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "BleedinPandG" #1105447

Sure, but this is a results based league... you don't get paid for opportunities, you get paid for the end result. Would EJ's play have meant anything if the other guy didn't INT it... or worse if an offensive player had caught it? All EJ did was create an opportunity for an INT or tip drill catch. Causing a fumble? So what if it rolls out of bounds or an offensive player recovers it... sure, you created an opportunity for a turn over but that doesn't help your team nearly as much as physically securing the turn over.

Without the assist, there wouldn't be a goal... but assists don't win games, goals do. So go figure, we concentrate on the goals and gloss over the assists.
    Ahh, but if the ball would have hit the ground, EJ's efforts would still have not been in vain.

It just would have gone as a PD that very few take notice of. Doesn't mean it was a bad play, just means it wasn't gonna get the highlight real.

Kindof sad when you think about it.

(On a side note.....Finally got you to reply to something. Glad to see you around. You gonna get to a game this year? Wildwoman got us two tickets to the Deadskins again this year. Not sure if I'm gonna use them)
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

You're right in what you're saying about Sherels being in the right place at the right time. Luck definitely has a major saying cause that ball could have been tipped in many various directions.

I also (think) I get what you're saying about the player who deflects the ball to another player who intercepts it should get as much credit as him, if not more. My reason is that the first guy creates an opportunity for the next guy, not vice versa.

Take one of the two variables out of the equation and this is the results you'll get:

a. Without the deflection: the interception will not take place since the opportunity is not created, thus the play could have turned into an incomplete pass, or more likely: a complete pass.

b. Without the interception: the play would most likely end with an incomplete pass, in other words: a good play by the defense.

FYI: none of the Vikings players tipped the ball. It bounced of the hands of the Seahawks receiver (Tate). E.J. Henderson tackled Tate and probably scared him a bit (I know I would be with that guy launching at me).

Anyways, what I really wanted to say is that I still give Sherels alot of credit. It may have been a tipped pass, but he still displayed great ball awareness and that has been something missing in the Vikings secondary for a long time. He made a huge play (the biggest play of the whole game).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast