Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17
  1. #11
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,212

    Re: Marcus Robinson ticketed for three violations

    "AngloVike" wrote:
    well being ticketed for a window being tinted too much is a new one on me .. still good way to generate income for the county I guess
    ;D
    There are laws here in MN that state the amount of tinting a window can have. My daughter has been pulled over for it on 3 occassions.

    It was was always after bar hours & I'm pretty gol 'darnit sure the only reason she was pulled over for it was to give the officer a reason to pull her over & check for DWI.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #12
    AngloVike's Avatar
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sandhurst, UK
    Posts
    6,768
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Marcus Robinson ticketed for three violations

    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "Benet" wrote:
    I can't believe you lot get pulled over for tinted windows.. How petty do you have to be to in the police?
    It is typical for cops to pull over for a minor violation and then write you up for more if there is more to be found.

    The tinted windows led to much larger citations for no driver's license or proof-of-insurance.
    That's not petty - that's good local policing, IMHO.
    The law is the law.

    =Z=
    I can well understand the logic for that and obviously once you are pulled over then more can follow, so good policing as you say .. I'm just surprised that there is a byelaw covering windscreen tints
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...


  3. #13
    VikesfaninWis's Avatar
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,053

    Re: Marcus Robinson ticketed for three violations

    I have dark tinted windows on my car and nothing happens... I have only been pulled over once for a warning, but the officer never said anything about my tint.. I believe legal tint shade is 30%.. I have mine much darker then that..

    Oh well.. I guess Marcus isn't having the greatest of luck these days.. I don't feel sorry for him for the simple fact that I know he will catch on with another team very soon..

  4. #14
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Marcus Robinson ticketed for three violations

    "singersp" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    well being ticketed for a window being tinted too much is a new one on me .. still good way to generate income for the county I guess
    ;D
    There are laws here in MN that state the amount of tinting a window can have. My daighter has been pulled over for it on 3 occassions.

    It was was always after bar hours & I'm pretty gol 'darnit sure the only reason she was pulled over for it was to give the officer a reason to pull her over & check for DWI.
    Yup.
    I'm sure there's an economic analysis out there by some egghead which has tracked the small-time tickets like tinting and tail-lights out vs. the extra tickets which get written for other violations found during that stop.
    Standard Operation Procedure here in the USA.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  5. #15
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Marcus Robinson ticketed for three violations

    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "Benet" wrote:
    I can't believe you lot get pulled over for tinted windows.. How petty do you have to be to in the police?
    It is typical for cops to pull over for a minor violation and then write you up for more if there is more to be found.

    The tinted windows led to much larger citations for no driver's license or proof-of-insurance.
    That's not petty - that's good local policing, IMHO.
    The law is the law.

    =Z=
    I can well understand the logic for that and obviously once you are pulled over then more can follow, so good policing as you say .. I'm just surprised that there is a byelaw covering windscreen tints
    In some states, like Florida & Texas, more amounts of tinting it allowed because of the amount of sun they get.


    It's a public safety issue.
    With too much tinting, you can't see the driver and thus, in situations where seeing the other driver is necessary, it can become a hazard.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  6. #16
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,212

    Re: Marcus Robinson ticketed for three violations

    "AWZeus" wrote:

    It's a public safety issue.
    With too much tinting, you can't see the driver and thus, in situations where seeing the other driver is necessary, it can become a hazard.

    =Z=
    I like to see the face of the other driver & him see me, when I'm flipping him off.

    With tinted windows being popular, I had to get a car with a sunroof, just so I could be sure he saw me.


    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  7. #17
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Marcus Robinson ticketed for three violations

    "singersp" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:

    It's a public safety issue.
    With too much tinting, you can't see the driver and thus, in situations where seeing the other driver is necessary, it can become a hazard.

    =Z=
    I like to see the face of the other driver & him see me, when I'm flipping him off.

    With tinted windows being popular, I had to get a car with a sunroof, just so I could be sure he saw me.

    I want one of those scrolling LED signs with a keyboard so I can type messages to my fellow drivers concering my opinion of their skills behind the wheel.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Marcus Robinson just wants a chance
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-03-2007, 08:28 AM
  2. why we need to keep marcus robinson....
    By mr.woo in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-10-2007, 08:49 AM
  3. Marcus Robinson.
    By UkViking in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 08-08-2005, 06:45 PM
  4. Marcus Robinson was the key!
    By Vikes in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-17-2005, 05:34 PM
  5. Marcus Robinson?
    By DoubleDown11 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-05-2004, 04:02 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •