Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    marshallvike is online now Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by PInfante97 View Post
    Manziel 's team wins games because of him. he is a winner. Mariota looked avg in the Stanford game which is the closest thing to a NFL defense he will see. ( Speaking of Stanford, man would I love David Shaw as our next coach) I don't care what the talent evaluators see or say. Are those the same guys who had Jamarcus Russell, Tim Couch, and David Carr #1. Read option QB's are a fad that is going just as quick as it came. Mariota just looks awkward when forced to stand in the pocket. Like he's wearing cement shoes. Hes a very risky pick. The last thing we need right now is risk.. You wanna see 2 NFL ready QBs? Watch Texas A&M vs LSU tomorrow... Watch the Mariota highlight tape I have in the original post. Show me the throw he threads the needle or Comes to the line breaks down the defense, like Teddy does regularly, throws to a spot and ends up in between his WRs numbers. That's a QB.

The read option is already dead. Look at Col Kap - figured out. Had a unique skill set put 1/2 year of film down. NFL shutting him down. Look at Cam last year took a step back this year got 100 times better as a pocket passer and is looking great. Read Option done, over, good bye. Thing of the past... Drafting a read option QB for 2014 is like wearing bell bottoms.... ITS OVER
    It's fun to mess with guys who proclaim themselves to be all knowing. I would guess that if you knew as much as you think you know, you would be making a boat load of money in the NFL right now. I don't know who will be the best NFL QB from the bunch. Actually, nobody knows. All I have to go on are the scouting reports, and the games, just like everyone else. I will, however take their word over anyone on a forum since they are the ones being paid to do it. Doesn't mean they are infallible, (Ryan Leaf was supposed to be as good as Peyton), but they are doing it for a living.
    BTW, His game against Stanford wasn't a bad game and he is playing with an MCL injury.
    25 TDs and 0 int's seems pretty good.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

drakkar is offline Rookie
    Not sure I wouldn't take Clowney/Barr and then look at a 2nd round QB.. Fales, Murray, Lynch, Boyd, Hogan or McCarron. Not all Franchise Qb go in the first

PInfante97 is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by drakkar View Post
    Not sure I wouldn't take Clowney/Barr and then look at a 2nd round QB.. Fales, Murray, Lynch, Boyd, Hogan or McCarron. Not all Franchise Qb go in the first

i like boyd he is like a young donovan mcnabb

Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    It's fun to mess with guys who proclaim themselves to be all knowing. I would guess that if you knew as much as you think you know, you would be making a boat load of money in the NFL right now. I don't know who will be the best NFL QB from the bunch. Actually, nobody knows. All I have to go on are the scouting reports, and the games, just like everyone else. I will, however take their word over anyone on a forum since they are the ones being paid to do it. Doesn't mean they are infallible, (Ryan Leaf was supposed to be as good as Peyton), but they are doing it for a living.
    BTW, His game against Stanford wasn't a bad game and he is playing with an MCL injury.
    25 TDs and 0 int's seems pretty good.
    alot of people question Mariota, maybe not to the intensity i do, which makes him risky. We dont need risky right now.... we need a QB.. nothing else matters until we have a franchise QB

johnkdbr is offline Training Camp
    I want Johnny Manziel! This kid has all the moxy you need to be a top flight NFL QB. Who cares if he has a strong personality....Isn't that what you want in a QB? He is a Brett Favre Jr. Look at how good he is now. Can you imagine him in 3 years.....

Quote Originally Posted by johnkdbr View Post
    I want Johnny Manziel! This kid has all the moxy you need to be a top flight NFL QB. Who cares if he has a strong personality....Isn't that what you want in a QB? He is a Brett Favre Jr. Look at how good he is now. Can you imagine him in 3 years.....

amen!!

VikeCane305 is offline Rookie
    I want B. Mettenberger. I'm totally sold on this kid. Arm strength, Smarts, and his size is Fanchise QB worthy.
    "AKA" PURPLEPOWERPUNCH

that's an NFL arm right there.... big fan of mettenberger

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I have been on the Mettenberger bandwagon for a while now and he just took Johnny Football to the wood shed.

that's true. however the lsu defense is soooooooooooooooooo much better then the Texas a&m D

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast