Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Marcus Johnson Signed

if i remember correctly marcus johnson was considered almost as good as his team mate who also was a guard and he was drafted in the second round i think. nevermind im thinking of someone else.its some other player we drafted then
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Goldberg has the edge on marcus johnson because of his experience and knowledge of our offense, but I think by the middle of the season, marcus johnson will have worked his way into the starting lineup, for good.

I think we should keep nat dorsey at tackle, especially since rosey is coming off an injury and we don't know what he is gonna be like this year.

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

i can really careless for goldberg. although i have nothing againt him, if he steps it up then hey im all for the guy.

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

"thepacksux" wrote:
    rosey isnt all that old and showed tice and co. enough for them to lock him up for 6 years. why so quick to replace him, because he was injured last year??
    I wasn't saying replace him now. Rosey's not that bad and Dorsey isn't ready yet. I'm just sayin Rosenthal won't be very good in a few years, and then we can cut him and replace him with Dorsey.

Thanks PPE for the sig.

i think Rosey is a mammoth i think he will be still good in a few years. i just want dorsey for insurance.

"magicci" wrote:
    i can really careless for goldberg. although i have nothing againt him, if he steps it up then hey im all for the guy.

If marcus johnson can learn the offense quickly and show he won't make the stupid mistakes and penalties, he may be able to get the starting spot by the time the regular season starts. He is clearly better then goldberg, but like I said, goldberg gets the nod on his experience alone, until johnson shows that he is better. How quick johnson can do that, will determine how soon he is in the starting lineup.

Goldberg gets way way too many penalties, so I hope johnson gets in the starting lineup right away, because we don't need the drive killing penalties, in the redzone, like we had over and over again from our O-lineman last season.

i remember a TD called back on us because goldberg fell on top of the person, and that was a sweet TD by moss..i blame goldberg on the moss trade. if he didnt get the flag moss would have scored, we would have won and no moss walk off two seconds before the game, then no moss contriversy.....now that i think of it damn you goldberg.

No really I think its all Chris Hovan's fault. I'm not sure how, but I'm sure he's responsible for everything. :lol:

Thanks PPE for the sig.

The big key for marcus johnson getting into the starting lineup, is if he shows he can pull on running plays. We love to pull our guards in our rushing plays and if he doesn't show that he can do that well, he won't be in there. It was johnson's mobility that dropped him from a late first to a 2nd round pick. I hear he looked suprisingly well in mini camps, when pulling, so hopefully he can do that when the pads are on and it means something.

I think Tice will put him in the starting lineup, because otherwise it will hurt his development IMO. Goldberg won't be developing much at all, but Johnson has the potential to be a beast in the future. Plus, they're pretty close right now, so I don't see why you wouldn't start MJ.

Thanks PPE for the sig.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast