Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    I already said "My bad" a bunch of posts ago. That SB win was so long ago my addled brain simply misplaced that info. But Marino never got one, I remember that.
    Sorry I am late to the party most times.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Manziel's Pro Day

I heard an interview with Zimmer from a local radio station this morning concerning Manziel's pro day.

Bottom line Zim Zam doesn't like the phlim phlam. Johnny Football doesn't play well, he wants Johnny Manziel the team football leader. No me first attitude wanted. Wasn't impressed with the helmet and pads, wasn't impressed with the rap music and wasn't impressed with the speech before the workout.

He had plenty of positive things to say, but he made it very clear that he is looking for team first players and he wants a long term successful franchise built of players that know how to work as a collective vs individuals.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    I heard an interview with Zimmer from a local radio station this morning concerning Manziel's pro day.

Bottom line Zim Zam doesn't like the phlim phlam. Johnny Football doesn't play well, he wants Johnny Manziel the team football leader. No me first attitude wanted. Wasn't impressed with the helmet and pads, wasn't impressed with the rap music and wasn't impressed with the speech before the workout.

He had plenty of positive things to say, but he made it very clear that he is looking for team first players and he wants a long term successful franchise built of players that know how to work as a collective vs individuals.
    So in other words, he wants Johnny Football & is blowing a big smokescreen to disguise his interest & get his stock to fall.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Vikings coach Zimmer not endorsing Johnny Manziel

Ultimate Texans Vikings coach Zimmer not endorsing Johnny Manziel

Vikings met with Manziel Friday; 'flags' came up in conversations

Vikings met with Manziel Friday; 'flags' came up in conversations | Access Vikings | StarTribune.com

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    So in other words, he wants Johnny Football & is blowing a big smokescreen to disguise his interest & get his stock to fall.
    I don't think so..Zim strikes me as somebody who "means what he says, and says what he means".. regardless I don't see Manziel being on the board at # 8 .

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Anyone bother to read what he said?
    He didn't say when talking to JF that flags became apparent, he simply said that during conversation...his flags ( that were previously well known) were discussed. Not sure why this is news. When ever a flag is raised, teams discuss it to get the player's side of things. It's not like he is saying we discovered some issues with JF. He is simply saying we discussed some of the things that were out there about him. LA, Friends, his publicity etc. Nowhere does it say... he failed to answer the questions or that things didn't check out. Basically, we learned nothing from this except that Speilman, Zimmer and JF went to dinner and talked.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    That was my thoughts too, tis the season of smoke and mirrors after all...he's talking shit now, but I think he might actually like the kid's fiery demeanor as similar to his own style of leadership.

And, on the field, when down, his team has not given up on him, they have rallied and won (and sometimes, lost.) Hard saying not knowing, but I bet they spend some time interviewing his teammates to see just what it is he's saying in the huddle, or on the sidelines in those situations...
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    That was my thoughts too, tis the season of smoke and mirrors after all...he's talking shit now, but I think he might actually like the kid's fiery demeanor as similar to his own style of leadership.

And, on the field, when down, his team has not given up on him, they have rallied and won (and sometimes, lost.) Hard saying not knowing, but I bet they spend some time interviewing his teammates to see just what it is he's saying in the huddle, or on the sidelines in those situations...
    He is going over questions he still has about JFM. I also don't find this too surprising. I'm a little surprised, though, that he said he brought them up with Johnny; the answers to the questions he raised will not be answered by the QB himself, but from those around him. If we do end up taking him, I want to know Zimmer pulled out all the stops in making sure this guy will be THE guy.

Is he a star first, and QB second? If so, I also want no part of the guy. But from the film I have seen, he is all about football 99% of the time, but likes to have fun when he isn't "Johnny Football".

Doing commercials do not bother me at ALL; every frikkin professional athlete tries to get as many commercial deals as they can. Did endorsing everything from razors to Nike shoes hurt Tiger Wood's game? We know his personal life eventually did, but commercials tell you nothing about how hardcore of a player you have.

In the end, all of this tells us nothing about who we will take at #8...
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Anyone bother to read what he said?
    He didn't say when talking to JF that flags became apparent, he simply said that during conversation...his flags ( that were previously well known) were discussed. Not sure why this is news. When ever a flag is raised, teams discuss it to get the player's side of things. It's not like he is saying we discovered some issues with JF. He is simply saying we discussed some of the things that were out there about him. LA, Friends, his publicity etc. Nowhere does it say... he failed to answer the questions or that things didn't check out. Basically, we learned nothing from this except that Speilman, Zimmer and JF went to dinner and talked.
    I listened to the entire 17 minute interview with the local radio guys here in Austin.

And nobody on this forum has made the implication that Zimmer is saying he's not going to work out. Just that he is not impressed with the Johnny Football image and unless he is confident that he can become Johnny Manziel the leader of the football team, he's not much interested, regardless of any college heroics that he may have shown.

If the Vikings draft Manziel will I be surprised? Nope, I actually think that Zimmer might be one of the few early draft coaches that could handle the knucklehead formerly known as JFF. Bill O'Brien is probably another good one. If he goes to Cleveland, Oakland or Jacksonville then I think JFF is here to stay.

purpledoom is offline Starter
    If you believe what he told Gruden he doesn't even want to be called JF anymore. His work ethic doesn't seem to be an issue with anyone who knows him. I really hope we draft him.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast