Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by 2beersTommy View Post
    2014 NFL Draft: Who Has SB Nation Mocked To The Vikings Now? - Daily Norseman

I don't think Johnny Football will be there @ 8 either ..thoughts on who they think we get?
    That is crazy stupid, thinking Bortles will last past the Texans, Jags, Browns, Raiders and Bucs.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by 2beersTommy View Post
    2014 NFL Draft: Who Has SB Nation Mocked To The Vikings Now? - Daily Norseman

I don't think Johnny Football will be there @ 8 either ..thoughts on who they think we get?
    I wouldn't be mad if we select Bortles. If we can't get Manziel, I like Bortles.

Mel Kiper has Manziel going #1 overall to the Texans and has Teddy Bridgewater falling to the Vikes at #8. I don't see that happening, but wouldn't hate it. I would prefer Manziel personally.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    Mel Kiper has Manziel going #1 overall to the Texans and has Teddy Bridgewater falling to the Vikes at #8. I don't see that happening, but wouldn't hate it. I would prefer Manziel personally.
    I don't see it happening either, but I would love it. He pretty much individually beat my alma mater to get to the Orange Bowl in 2012, and did exactly the same thing to Florida when he got there. Though none of those performances compare to what he did to Miami a few weeks ago. Wow was that impressive.

I'm not overly thrilled with any of the QBs in this years draft, honestly, but I like Bridgewater the most. I'd rather just go BPA, there is no position where we can't improve besides running back.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
    I don't see it happening either, but I would love it. He pretty much individually beat my alma mater to get to the Orange Bowl in 2012, and did exactly the same thing to Florida when he got there. Though none of those performances compare to what he did to Miami a few weeks ago. Wow was that impressive.

I'm not overly thrilled with any of the QBs in this years draft, honestly, but I like Bridgewater the most. I'd rather just go BPA, there is no position where we can't improve besides running back.
    Bortles will go to the Texans if they take a QB. O'Brien loves the size and measurable of a QB like Bortles. We will not get one of the top three QBs, unfortunately. Especially if Houston take one. You have Houston, Jacksonville, Cleveland, Oakland and maybe even Tampa all needing franchise QBs. There are four maybe five teams ahead of us and only three talented QBs so unless we move up we are not going to get any of them.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    I wouldn't be mad if we select Bortles. If we can't get Manziel, I like Bortles.
    We are not going to get any of those guys

Ranger is offline Coach
    It's far more likely that we'll get Carr, and he's not even sure to be there at 8.

purpledoom is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    I'm afraid you're right. I just hate to see us "settle" once again. The odds of finding a Brady or a Rodgers in the late rounds are real slim.

Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    Says who? Texans may trade back, Cleveland is in the same position as us and may take BPA. Did anyone expect Randy Moss to be available to us when he was drafted? No. Did anyone expect Harvin to be available when we took him? No. How about Shariff Floyd last year? Or how about Rodgers when GB grabbed him?

Stuff happens man. Manziel has some character issues and may be passed on, I know it's highly unlikely, but we have all seen it happen before. I really think the Vikings will be players in free agency and getting defensive players who fit Zimmer's system. If they believe one of the QB's in this draft are worth it, I can see them trading up to finally get our franchise QB, something we haven't had since we drafted Culpepper.

Ranger is offline Coach
    The combine, senior bowl, and other pre-draft events might influence things a bit, as well.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast