Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    313zoe is offline Starter
    Blog Entries

Manziel has declared

Once again ppl always talking down on a player neva played, so which QB should we draft?

VAKirks is offline Training Camp
    I wish Ponder had worked out, but he just doesn't make decisions fast enough. He's about .7 seconds too slow and in the NFL that's an eternity. I say take McCarron. He will be the best QB left at #8 and won't cost the entire franchise to get. He's a proven winner and football smart. I'm still not impressed with QB's who run first and read second. A flash in the pan is fun to watch, but it doesn't keep your house warm all winter.
    Bring me the prisoners; I want them alive!

313zoe is offline Starter
    Blog Entries

Manziel has declared

They should wait til tha second round and draft a QB like Boyd, Murray or somebody else

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by 313zoe View Post
    They should wait til tha second round and draft a QB like Boyd, Murray or somebody else
    Why, so they can be irrelevant for several more years to come? Anything is possible, but I am sick of waiting for this team to get it right.

Ted Dibiase is offline Rookie
    This team has too many holes to give up too much. Stay put...there will be a great player available at #8...probably on defense. Unless they really really think they have the guy pegged, the guy that makes an immediate difference, and it won't cost more than a 3rd rounder to move up and get him.

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer
    If I were GM, this is what I would do:

Wait for the Texans to pick. If they pick anything other than QB, wait at the 8th pick, with the likelihood of a good candidate still being available.

If the Texans pick a QB, immediately trade for the #2 pick by bundling one of our 3rd rounders and a conditional 1/2 from next year to get Manziel.

We can no longer wait for a QB for this franchise.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Braddock View Post
    If I were GM, this is what I would do:

Wait for the Texans to pick. If they pick anything other than QB, wait at the 8th pick, with the likelihood of a good candidate still being available.

If the Texans pick a QB, immediately trade for the #2 pick by bundling one of our 3rd rounders and a conditional 1/2 from next year to get Manziel.

We can no longer wait for a QB for this franchise.
    yea, we need to be in front of the Browns, imo

Suick is offline Pro-Bowler
    Suppose we get McCarron, which sounds very possible. Does he start or sit behind Cassel? Assuming Cassel is on the roster, which IMO is a must unless we trade up.
    I've been a Viking fan since I was just out of diapers, hopefully we get Super Bowl win before I go back in 'em.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Any one we pick will probably not be our starter. I don't see any talent out there that can step into being an NFL starting QB. Those guys are rare and those that get forced into starting roles usually fail. The guys that become franchise guys usually back up franchise guys for some years. ie Rodgers backing up Farve, Young backing up Montana etc. Our problem is we have not had a franchise QB for a long time. I hope our new coach understands this and puts together a QB program for us.

WWBGD

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by 313zoe View Post
    I was on drafting Manziel but we have a lot of needs we can draft defense in tha first round and draft Murray in tha second round and sign Vick cause most likely Cassel will sign somewhere else for more money Vick will be cheaper and we not rushing tha rookie QB. It would be nice to see Vick, AP, Patterson on tha same field
    Vick hahaha

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast