Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    Need to get this guy... The guy is a winner plain and simple.. Has very good arm strength, reads defenses very well, is elusive, and can run.. All this guy does is win.. He pretty much beat Duke by himself. He had a porous defense all season, and he still won a Bowl Game with his arm and feet.

Manziel will be an elite QB in the NFL, that I would put money on.. Please get him Vikings.
    I heard the Browns want him.

Price is way too high for a sawed off party animal.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

purpledoom is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by 313zoe View Post
    I was on drafting Manziel but we have a lot of needs we can draft defense in tha first round and draft Murray in tha second round and sign Vick cause most likely Cassel will sign somewhere else for more money Vick will be cheaper and we not rushing tha rookie QB. It would be nice to see Vick, AP, Patterson on tha same field
    Sign Vick ?
    No thanks, I have nothing against Vick except that he hasn't been able to stay on the field the last couple of years and with the way our O line played last season, lord.

purpledoom is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by battleaxe4cheese View Post
    I really wouldn't advocate giving up a bunch of stuff to trade up for him. However I truly believe he will be a game changer for someone, be nice if it was us. Brees isn't tall and neither is Russell Wilson.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by battleaxe4cheese View Post
    By sawed off I am assuming that you mean height? If so, Brees, and Wilson have more than proven that you don't have to be tall to be successful. He will be a first rd pick regardless, and the Vikings need a winner. Makes sense to me. I don't really think they will have to move up to get him because other teams will go with Bridgewater and defense and may pass on Manziel because of his past problems off the field, and his height. They're loss..

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni
    talent like that doesn't come along very often..some say he is height challenged, the ones that worry about his height will stay away, But I still feel he will be off he board before we pick.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by 2beersTommy View Post
    talent like that doesn't come along very often..some say he is height challenged, the ones that worry about his height will stay away, But I still feel he will be off he board before we pick.
    I hope he is not, like you said talent like his doesn't come along that often. He is a winner. Remember how teams passed on Moss because of his character, or Harvin because of his size and character? I only hope it happens with Manziel.

yea, as far as that goes, The besides the Raiders, the Vikes don't seem to be bothered with character issues. Id being thrilled to see him there at 8.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by 30whales View Post
    The only way we get him is by trading up so what would it take?
    We are in a tough spot if you want Bortles or Manziel. Here is the problem, the draft order looks like this: 1. Texans 2. Rams 3. Jaguars 4. Cleveland. Every one of those teams needs a QB not to mention the Raiders at 5 and Tampa at 7. We would most likely have to trade with the Rams because the Texans are most likely taking Bridgewater, that would be very expensive.

If they take Clowney it might work out for us. The first scenario probably plays out like this 1. Bridgewater 2. Clowney 3. Bortles 4. Manziel. The Jags and Browns aren't going to trade with us because they need a franchise QB as well. So we would have to trade with the Rams and it would be very costly.

The second and best scenario is that the Texans take Clowney, The Rams take OT Matthews, The jags would take Manziel or Bortles. So we could get one if the Raiders don't want a QB (which they need desperately) and trade with us. This would cost us probably a first and second this year or a first and a third this year and a third next year. Raiders first round value (1,700) Vikings first (1,400) second (500) Or Vikings first (1,400) third (230) and our third next year ?

Either scenario is tough if we want a Franchise QB. My thought is we could draft the BPA with our first and trade a second round pick for Mallett.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    We are in a tough spot if you want Bortles or Manziel. Here is the problem, the draft order looks like this: 1. Texans 2. Rams 3. Jaguars 4. Cleveland. Every one of those teams needs a QB not to mention the Raiders at 5 and Tampa at 7. We would most likely have to trade with the Rams because the Texans are most likely taking Bridgewater, that would be very expensive.

If they take Clowney it might work out for us. The first scenario probably plays out like this 1. Bridgewater 2. Clowney 3. Bortles 4. Manziel. The Jags and Browns aren't going to trade with us because they need a franchise QB as well. So we would have to trade with the Rams and it would be very costly.

The second and best scenario is that the Texans take Clowney, The Rams take OT Matthews, The jags would take Manziel or Bortles. So we could get one if the Raiders don't want a QB (which they need desperately) and trade with us. This would cost us probably a first and second this year or a first and a third this year and a third next year. Raiders first round value (1,700) Vikings first (1,400) second (500) Or Vikings first (1,400) third (230) and our third next year ?

Either scenario is tough if we want a Franchise QB. My thought is we could draft the BPA with our first and trade a second round pick for Mallett.
    Why would NE want to part with Mallett? just for the picks? I don't think that will happen

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast