Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 71
  1. #11
    JDogg926's Avatar
    JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,786

    Re: For many Vikings fans, passion began in 1998

    How can you say floop the 98ers, a lot of the 98ers just weren't alive for the glory days.
    I've been a fan since I was about 8 or 9, that was the Millard, Doleman, Anthony Carter, Browner days.
    I was a freshman in college for the 1998 season, and although the Vikings had been my favorite team for 10 years already, my interest definitely heightened that year.
    Mainly because I got to see the majority of their games televised for the 1st time in my life.
    We may not have the vast body of knowledge of the franchise and the history of it, of some of the older fans on the board, but we're still fans.
    We just grew up watching a different era of football and a different era of Vikings football.
    You don't hear the 98er's, saying floop the dinosaurs, do you?
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    72

    Re: For many Vikings fans, passion began in 1998

    "JDogg926" wrote:
    How can you say floop the 98ers, a lot of the 98ers just weren't alive for the glory days.
    I've been a fan since I was about 8 or 9, that was the Millard, Doleman, Anthony Carter, Browner days.
    I was a freshman in college for the 1998 season, and although the Vikings had been my favorite team for 10 years already, my interest definitely heightened that year.
    Mainly because I got to see the majority of their games televised for the 1st time in my life.
    We may not have the vast body of knowledge of the franchise and the history of it, of some of the older fans on the board, but we're still fans.
    We just grew up watching a different era of football and a different era of Vikings football.
    You don't hear the 98er's, saying floop the dinosaurs, do you?
    I mean I was only 10 in 98, if I had been born 40 years earlier of course I would have been a Vikes fan.
    I suppose being a "98er" I am a little bit spoiled by that year.
    Too me Vikings football is high flying vertical offense, Randy Moss and Cris Carter.
    I understand historically the Vikings were all about defense and the Purple People Eaters, which I think we are seeing a return to this year.
    I was spoiled by all those playoff appearances, it's just what I expect, that's what makes the especially barren Chilly era harder for me to swallow.
    However, Chilly and this team is proving me wrong, because after 0-2 and switching to Gus I was prepping myself for a long cold season.
    I am impressed the way this team has rallied, however the lesson of 98 remains, and I never get too optimistic because as Vikings fans failure seemingly always lingers around the corner.

  3. #13
    thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    548

    Re: For many Vikings fans, passion began in 1998

    I would say it doesn't matter when you became a vikings fan .... as long as you are one. All it means is that at some point you have become enlightened. I became a Vikings fan the first year they came into the league. I was six years old and visiting my grandmother in MN. They were the first team I saw and I've been with them ever since. I don't even know how to root for another team. There have been ups and downs but the Vikings are my team and always will be. So welcome 98'rs one and all.

  4. #14
    jessejames09's Avatar
    jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,234

    Re: For many Vikings fans, passion began in 1998

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Fuck the 98ers.
    [size=1pt]that ought to get some panties in a bunch[/size]
    I disagree.
    I welcome all fans of the Purple into the fold.


    The 98ers just need to realize they don't know shit.

    =Z=
    Everyone knows 70's football is more comparable to the modern game anyways...

  5. #15
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: For many Vikings fans, passion began in 1998

    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Fuck the 98ers.
    [size=1pt]that ought to get some panties in a bunch[/size]
    I disagree.
    I welcome all fans of the Purple into the fold.


    The 98ers just need to realize they don't know shit.
    Everyone knows 70's football is more comparable to the modern game anyways...
    Run, block, tackle.
    Football is football.


    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  6. #16
    jessejames09's Avatar
    jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,234

    Re: For many Vikings fans, passion began in 1998

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Fuck the 98ers.
    [size=1pt]that ought to get some panties in a bunch[/size]
    I disagree.
    I welcome all fans of the Purple into the fold.


    The 98ers just need to realize they don't know shit.
    Everyone knows 70's football is more comparable to the modern game anyways...
    Run, block, tackle.
    Football is football.


    =Z=
    You forgot; the pass, QB's made of mom's good crystal, and getting up to dance after every play.

    Edit.
    Indoor games played on field turf, athletes take time off to perfect their art of dance, and prima-dona WR's are the show within the show whilst they are crying to their coaches and QB.

    Just because your old don't mean you know shit.

  7. #17
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: For many Vikings fans, passion began in 1998

    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Fuck the 98ers.
    [size=1pt]that ought to get some panties in a bunch[/size]
    I disagree.
    I welcome all fans of the Purple into the fold.


    The 98ers just need to realize they don't know shit.
    Everyone knows 70's football is more comparable to the modern game anyways...
    Run, block, tackle.
    Football is football.
    You forgot; the pass, QB's made of mom's good crystal, and getting up to dance after every play.

    Edit.
    Indoor games played on field turf, athletes take time off to perfect their art of dance, and prima-dona WR's are the show within the show whilst they are crying to their coaches and QB.

    Just because your old don't mean you know shit.
    LOL!
    That's all window-dressing.


    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  8. #18
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,180

    Re: For many Vikings fans, passion began in 1998

    I was a 98er but that is the year I got into football. So sue me. Sorry I am not an old fart.
    :P

  9. #19
    jessejames09's Avatar
    jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,234

    Re: For many Vikings fans, passion began in 1998

    "marstc09" wrote:
    I was a 98er but that is the year I got into football. So sue me. Sorry I am not an old fart.
    :P
    I watched 1 game in 98. I was 8 or 9. I don't remember what game, and I didn't watch their playoff run (and fall).

    It still irks me when people say I don't know shit about my team because I didn't watch them for 40 years before I was alive or while I was too young to comprehend football.

    Frankly I'm glad I haven't had to watch this team as much as you old farts, you have reason to be bitter.

  10. #20
    vikes2456's Avatar
    vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,656

    Re: For many Vikings fans, passion began in 1998

    I was 10, but I already had been a big Viking fan by then. Can't believe it's ten years already...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. For All Vikings' Fans, There Will Always Be 1998
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-12-2009, 11:11 AM
  2. just got my 1998 Minnesota Vikings NFC Champions shirt
    By i_bleed_purple in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-17-2009, 02:41 PM
  3. Vikings' Best Possible Draft, 1998
    By marstc09 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-19-2008, 10:23 PM
  4. My Love For The Vikes Began 20 Years Ago Today!
    By scottishvike in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-10-2006, 07:51 PM
  5. 1998 Minnesota Vikings Roster
    By purpleFavreEaters in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-24-2004, 09:13 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •