Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BigBlue92 is offline Waterboy

Re: Manning's completion %

"Freya" wrote:
    I'd like to see little eli spend all day looking at the sky. Bring on the heat right at the start and send him into panic mode.
    i dont think eli's low completion percentage is a product of throwing the ball away. fact is, he just misses the target too often, many time to wide open receivers. this is the only gripe i have with him, as his TD/INT ratio is great (14-5) and his 4th Qtr QB rating is tops in the NFC. he's also already proved he can lead a comeback (dallas, although we fell short in OT, and Denver).
    with that said, you wont rattle him, the kid is unflappable. he doesnt have a panic mode. if he was ever going to get rattled, it would have been in san diego, playing before the city he spurned against the team he refused to play for. what did eli do that game? 300 some odd yards, 2 TD's, 0 picks. the media has taken to calling him "easy E" for a reason, the kid is rock solid.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"BigBlue92" wrote:
    "Freya" wrote:
    I'd like to see little eli spend all day looking at the sky. Bring on the heat right at the start and send him into panic mode.
    i dont think eli's low completion percentage is a product of throwing the ball away. fact is, he just misses the target too often, many time to wide open receivers. this is the only gripe i have with him, as his TD/INT ratio is great (14-5) and his 4th Qtr QB rating is tops in the NFC. he's also already proved he can lead a comeback (dallas, although we fell short in OT, and Denver).
    with that said, you wont rattle him, the kid is unflappable. he doesnt have a panic mode. if he was ever going to get rattled, it would have been in san diego, playing before the city he spurned against the team he refused to play for. what did eli do that game? 300 some odd yards, 2 TD's, 0 picks. the media has taken to calling him "easy E" for a reason, the kid is rock solid.
    The only way to rattle him, is to get to him often. If you give him time, he will make the plays even with a low completion %. It seems to me that all the highlights have been long 20 plus yd passes. They get big chunks of yards.

Blue gave some good stats to back up Baby Boys play on the field. Only five INTs is a great stat and it means solid play. The key for us is to get one more INT put on that stat.

BigBlue41_0 is offline Waterboy

The Giants Oline is very solid, we get penalized for holdinga few times a game... usually end up being drive killing ones at that. We are pretty good at blitz pickup. The real key to stopping our O is to stop the run because if we get it established teh Play action passing will tear anyone apart. Manning has ridiculous play action passing numbers.. something like 67% completions and 8 td's

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

idk because spencer johnson might not play this game either.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

we cannot take penalties at all. shooting our selfs in the foot this week is not a good idea. i am unsure if the giants are for real yet, but if we can beat them, they are no longer a contender in my mind.
    We're bringing purple back.

umaguma1979 is offline Asst. Coach

Name Rec Yd % of REC % of Yrds
    Plaxico Burress 45 656 33.8% 36.2%
    Jeremy Shockey 32 530 24.1% 29.3%
    Amani Toomer 24 289 18.0% 16.0%
    Tiki Barber 16 152 12.0% 8.4%
    Tim Carter 6 106 4.5% 5.9%
    David Tyree 5 52 3.8% 2.9%
    Jim Finn 2 10 1.5% 0.6%
    Derrick Ward 1 8 0.8% 0.4%
    Visanthe Shiancoe 1 5 0.8% 0.3%
    Sean Berton 1 3 0.8% 0.2%
    Total 133 1811 100% 100%

Check it out - 88% of Manning's passes and 90% of his yards are attributed to Burress, Shockey, Toomer, & Barber. Kinda interesting - eh?

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I'm not worried about his completion percentage.. He get's the job done.. All I care about it getting a victory on Sunday!

viks_fan21 is offline Asst. Coach

Our line will dominate. i all but guarantee it.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Our line will dominate if we play like we should.. They have been a big flop this year except Fat Pat.. Darrion Scott is kinda surprising me a bit too

BigBlue92 is offline Waterboy

"umaguma1979" wrote:

Check it out - 88% of Manning's passes and 90% of his yards are attributed to Burress, Shockey, Toomer, & Barber. Kinda interesting - eh?
    im willing to bet nearly every QB in league has 90% of his yardage spread between 4 different people. thats the giants 1 and 2 receivers, TE, and RB. most teams who have a dominant TE's dont use their 3rd receiver all that much. your just stating the obvious. are you suggesting that if you shut down those guys you will win? im sure you would, but do you honestly think you can neutralize all 4 of them? thats as close to impossible as you can get.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast