Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mamaluke is offline Starter

Manning vs. Jackson in a tight one... what did you expect?

I am starting to believe I posess some psychic abiliites. It all started right about when the Vikes kicked their fourth field goal. I could see the clowns blowing another one that they rightfully should have one. Then sure as heck what happens.... they take it in the keyster once again. Come on now, Jackson vs. Manning in a tight game, who in their right mind thought that we would prevail. It just goes to prove what having a QB with the capabilities of a Peyton Manning can do for you as compared with a QB like T-Jack. And don't give me any excuses that the Colts receivers are better or any of that crap. They had a bunch of rookies on their offensive line and their starting All-Pro TE out of the game. Lets face facts, as long as T-Jack is at the helm this team is not going anywhere. What a shame, to have the best running attack in the NFL and not be able to exploit the one on one coverages. Granted, it is not all T-Jack's fault but the the bottom line is the bottom line, winning an losing. And as long as he is the QB we just better all get used to a lot of Sunday's like today. And to mention another specific player who should be looking for another job real soon is Cedric Griffin, that guy couldn't cover my dead grandmother (God rest her soul). He is a joke, for every decent play he makes he is getting toasted 5 times over. Peyton Manning proved today what a team can do with a capable QB.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Manning vs. Jackson in a tight one... what did you expect?

"mamaluke" wrote:
    I am starting to believe I posess some psychic abiliites. It all started right about when the Vikes kicked their fourth field goal. I could see the clowns blowing another one that they rightfully should have one. Then sure as heck what happens.... they take it in the keyster once again. Come on now, Jackson vs. Manning in a tight game, who in their right mind thought that we would prevail. It just goes to prove what having a QB with the capabilities of a Peyton Manning can do for you as compared with a QB like T-Jack. And don't give me any excuses that the Colts receivers are better or any of that crap. They had a bunch of rookies on their offensive line and their starting All-Pro TE out of the game. Lets face facts, as long as T-Jack is at the helm this team is not going anywhere. What a shame, to have the best running attack in the NFL and not be able to exploit the one on one coverages. Granted, it is not all T-Jack's fault but the the bottom line is the bottom line, winning an losing. And as long as he is the QB we just better all get used to a lot of Sunday's like today. And to mention another specific player who should be looking for another job real soon is Cedric Griffin, that guy couldn't cover my dead grandmother (God rest her soul). He is a joke, for every decent play he makes he is getting toasted 5 times over. Peyton Manning proved today what a team can do with a capable QB.
    That's why i don't understand the mentality of people that say they want a Qb that is going to manage the game. You should want the best player at every position. That's like saying you want to hire an employee that only knows just enough to do the job your company is trying to fill. Why not have the best of both worlds? The Colts do. Amazing QBand great running game. Why do we as fans want a lessor QB because our run game is good? What happens when teams take away the run game?

I tell you, you really have to give that Chiily an "A" for effort. I can't believe how far the guy is willing to go to prove that T-Jack is our QB of the future! This snapshot was taken during a candid moment between the two as Chilly was trying to show him how to read a safety blitz! You got to love the Chillster in that goofy hat of his.

[img size=100]http://www.purplepride.org/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Rod_gorilla_football.jpg[/img]

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Jackson didnt really do that bad

Improved from last game

He didnt turn the ball over except for a very nice play by the defensive end

He would have had around 200 yards if not for a very bogus non call on a pass interference and without Shanks signature touchdown drop

We also could have won (yes im going to use could have, I know woulda coulda shoulda) if it werent for horrible play calling and we would have controlled the rest of the clock if the refs would have gave us that clear call

We could have came away with a win but its hard to play against the colts and the refs

"V4L" wrote:
    Jackson didnt really do that bad

Improved from last game

He didnt turn the ball over except for a very nice play by the defensive end

He would have had around 200 yards if not for a very bogus non call on a pass interference and without Shanks signature touchdown drop

We also could have won (yes im going to use could have, I know woulda coulda shoulda) if it werent for horrible play calling and we would have controlled the rest of the clock if the refs would have gave us that clear call

We could have came away with a win but its hard to play against the colts and the refs

Yeah, keep making excuses for the guy while we keep taking it in the keyster. I am not saying it is all T-Jacks fault but the guy is not going to take us anywhere. Has the guy ever thrown for over 250 yards in a game yet? And 250 is not a lot to ask for. He is a average to good QB at best but will never be in the same league with a Manning, Favre or Brady or even a Roethlisberger or Romo. These days you need a damn good QB to take it all the way and TJ is no where close to being there. We are going on 3 years now and it is about time he puts up or get's sent packing. The guy has some of the worst mechanics I have ever seen in a QB and misses wide open guy's too damn much. Manning proved today that he is by far the way superior QB and he pulled out a win from almost certain defeat. When the hell is T-Jack going to perform a similar feat and how long are we supposed to sit back and wait. And Childress is just as responsible with his jack-ass play calling and having faith in the guy.

V4L

So shall we try to trade for Manning or what?

Better yet Patriots still win with Cassell lets get Brady from them

soonerbornNbred is offline Pro-Bowler

No lets continue to make excuses for a loser of a QB
    because its always the refs
    their all against us
    maybe we should make him prez

V4L

??? k?

Im all for developmental players so im cool with it

I also point out the bad that Jackson does and well as the good.. No excuses just point out the obvious I.E that pass interference and dropped passes and non open WR's

Oh and yes T-Jack for Prez

I tell you what I expected.

I expected to lose. As soon as the Colts tied up the game, I knew Jackson would not be able to move the team and Manning would find a way to win.

You are right - it's not all Jackson's fault, but he simply can't get the job done. When you have a running back that is rushing for 160 yards in a game and they are stacking the line to try to stop him, there is no excuse for a QB to not be able to exploit defensive weaknesses. He is very fortunate to throw for 150 yards in a game and that is simply not going to get it done.....

If Childress sticks with him the rest of the year, he will be fired by the end of the season, it's as simple as that.......
    "SHOOT EM JIMMY!!"

"mamaluke" wrote:
    Your exactly right, the Vikings front office is soooo stupid. We need to get a QB like Peyton Manning…Maybe the colts will trade us strait up Peyton Manning for Tarvaris Jackson, we’ll even through in Griffin to make the Colts pull the trigger on the deal. :

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast