Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    billvike is offline Pro-Bowler

Manning to sit out of drafted by SD

Now i never had a problem with this kid until he opened his mouth and told them its his decison where he wants to play. Umm note to Mr Eli Manning its not your decision its the team that drafts you. You little snot nosed punk. i hate how these guys bitch and moan and get there way its disgusting. i hope he doesnt get drafted hahahahaha id laugh my ass off then.

Dont Draft Eli Manning!!

Take this Eli :bootyshake:
    Darold "PaPa" Gustafson 1927-2004, Carol Gustafson 1935-2005, U guys are back together in Heaven, We Miss u!!

Maybe I'm wrong here, but I think it's just his father who's saying this stuff. I don't want to call the kid a baby if none of this is coming from him.
    Faster than a speeding Grady Jackson! More powerful than a Nick Barnett! Able to leap Ahmad Carroll in a single bound! Look! Up in the sky! It s a bird! It s a plane! It s Jermaine Wiggins!

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Yah I am pretty sure it is Archie-I'm so bitter because I never had a winning season-Manning who is calling the shots, which is even worse.

"But my dad said I can't play for you.."
    -Eli Manning

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

Who the hell do the Mannings think they are? His dad needs to sit down and shut the hell up

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

yeah, its Archie who is being the big whiner.... but you know Eli could stand up and say "I'm happy to make it to the NFL I don't care who I play for" and then he would seem like a big person

it's the whole family sayin it. when eli says it's my decision where i want to play, that proves it's not just his father being stupid. you don't get a choice until you become a free agent, eli.
    "ted nugent called. he wants his shirt back."-george clooney, ocean s eleven

gpete13 is offline Starter

The Chargers are going to loose no matter what they do. When they keep the pick its a bust, when they trade its a good player.

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

I have to say that I support a player's, rookie or not, right to have a say in what team they play for. I don't see what the big deal is. If Manning doesn't want to play for SD. Thats his choice and he has every right to not want to play for them, and I don't think teh kid should be blasted because he feels that way.

If you had enough money to buy a house and wanted to Live in Duluth instead of say Minneapolis should you be forced to stay in Minneapolis just because you're one of the lucky people who ahve enough money to own a home? No.

This is a classic example of media spin. They want to create a controversy so people will listen to them and read their stories. So when a draft prospect says he doesn't want to play for a team, which is perfectly within his rights, he is a whiner.

This makes me sick.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

I don't LT was a bust, personally....
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

According to Archie last night on ESPN, he was just called in for the first time last week, and Eli and his agent had been the first to be communicating with the Chargers.

Either way, its a wash. San Diego has, deserved or not, developed a reputation for ruining "can't-miss" top QB's the past couple of years, and since Dan Fouts, haven't had a decent All-Pro QB.

Archie got drafted by the Aint's and had a reasonably successful but obscure career, miring to be mediocre at best. Who'd wish that on your son when the older one has shown he can do well in a talented organization.

Archie: Protective Father, in the wrong.
    Chargers: Don't expect top QBs to want to be drafted by you if you can't develop them.
    Eli: Good luck...you'll need it.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast