Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    pepper 0n moss is offline Pro-Bowler

Manning to sit out of drafted by SD

what do you guys think about the manning's decision to not want to have eli drafted by the Chargers? personally, i think it's stupid and childish of them ... they probably don't want to be drafted by san diego because of the bad history of their draft picks but if eli is as good as everyone says he is, there should be no problem, right?

this is not a good way to get his career started, as he will follow in the footsteps of terrel owens and nba's steve francis: moaning and bitching to get their way out of a bad team to play for one they want to play for.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Manning to sit out of drafted by SD

I can understand him wanting the best for his son but it's not the right thing to be saying. SD is now in a spot , do they draft someone whose heart may not be in the team or do they do a deal and let the Giants get him? Then it looks as if the player is then calling the shots with the team, which is not a good thing either.
    He should take his chance like the rest of the players and not start his career as a whiner.

Then again didn't John Elway have the same issue, wasn't it him that was drafted by the Baltimore Colts and then refused to play for them? so ended up being traded to Denver ?

"pepper 0n moss" wrote:
    what do you guys think about the manning's decision to not want to have eli drafted by the Chargers? personally, i think it's stupid and childish of them ... they probably don't want to be drafted by san diego because of the bad history of their draft picks but if eli is as good as everyone says he is, there should be no problem, right?

this is not a good way to get his career started, as he will follow in the footsteps of terrel owens and nba's steve francis: moaning and bitching to get their way out of a bad team to play for one they want to play for.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

i htink they should draft manning. then if the giant really want him, the have to get a deal done by their fourth pick. could work out well for the chargers in the end. they may get the giants first and second for him, with all the pressure on the giants
    "ted nugent called. he wants his shirt back."-george clooney, ocean s eleven

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

I think this is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Eli IS a rookie... I don't care what family he comes from. The boys that are going to be in the draft worked hard to get there... and just think of all the ones that worked hard and don't get to be there. For him or his dad to think they get to call the shots of where he goes is just ridiculous... he should be thanking his lucky starts he's going to be drafted at all!!!!

"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    I think this is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Eli IS a rookie... I don't care what family he comes from. The boys that are going to be in the draft worked hard to get there... and just think of all the ones that worked hard and don't get to be there. For him or his dad to think they get to call the shots of where he goes is just ridiculous... he should be thanking his lucky starts he's going to be drafted at all!!!!
    I agree, but I think the Chargers would be better off getting Philip Rivers anyway, so if they can trade down it would probably be better for everyone. Something inside me tells me Eli is going to be a bust in this league for being constantly compared to his brother. Peyton had quite a few years space between him and his father so he could earn his reputation one way or another.
    Faster than a speeding Grady Jackson! More powerful than a Nick Barnett! Able to leap Ahmad Carroll in a single bound! Look! Up in the sky! It s a bird! It s a plane! It s Jermaine Wiggins!

VIKE58 is offline Pro-Bowler

Elway did the same thing. He said if he did'nt get drafted by a team on the west coast he would sit out a year. It made me mad then ! And it makes me mad now! :evil: The Colt's did pick him and then they traded him to Denver. I heard on the Raido this morning that SD said they are still going to pick him. I bet they will do the same thing that the Colts did back then. Pick him and then trade him. I hope thet he falls on his face.
    GO VIKINGS GO !!!! AND THE PACK STILL BLOWS !!!!!!

owensforpres is offline Pro-Bowler

it would serve eli good if they drafted him anyways and benched him for a yr or 2. i don't think he should have any say of where he's going. he probably is gonna be the runt of the family litter anyway.....lol
    699966daa73d890a9f6ec440ad82bccc

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

yeah... I think the he's going to be a huge bust also, but thats not the point. I could care less where he goes. I actually would like to see him at the Giants so we can stomp all over his whiney butt... its just the point that he thinks that he has a say in the matter

Kleinsasser is offline Rookie

Manning is being a prick. Guess what manning? The chargers want to become a respectable organization, but they CAN'T if good players won't play for them. He has a choice to either go to a good team, and become just another player, or to become the QB that a franchise was built around. Every team has got to start somewhere Manning. Don't be a dick, sign with the chargers if they pick you, play for them, and bring their organization out of the mud if you are so good. Let me remind you of something also. You aren't in the NFL yet. If I were in your position, even if I was the damn best player to enter the draft, I would still be greatful for any NFL team (except the packers of course) to pick me up. Its selfish dicks like him that make the game no fun for the fans. You will be paid to entertain the fans once you get into the NFL, not to get all the football fans in Cali pissed off at you, which I am guessing they are right now.

C-ya Clarett! Get your life back on track!
    Latoya Jackson: "Rub a dub dub, thanks for the grub...Yay God!"

dart18 is offline Asst. Coach

Yeah it is a catch 22, but honestly i would want to play in that weather, it is so damn nice there. They have the right to draft whoever they want. dont be a baby like Elway was and $itch and moan until you get you way. also get your dad OFF THE TV, it is not his life it is yours. If they draft you, like it or not, play with all you got but dont sit out by any means, that is just stupid!
    Sometimes I like to think there is more to life than being you know. . . really really good looking.
    -Derrick Zoolander

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast