Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In Mankato

CVGVIKE is offline Pro-Bowler

In Mankato

I will be in Mankato for the Opening Ceremonies tonight and for practice on Saturday and most likely Sunday. If any of you are members of the Vikings Fan Club, I'll be in the VIP Tent to watch the morning practice. Can't wait to get things started!!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

In Mankato

Wish I could be there!! I've never been to Mankato for training camp!! Someday I will!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

VIKE58 is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: In Mankato

"CVGVIKE" wrote:
    I will be in Mankato for the Opening Ceremonies tonight and for practice on Saturday and most likely Sunday. If any of you are members of the Vikings Fan Club, I'll be in the VIP Tent to watch the morning practice. Can't wait to get things started!!
    Hey CVG how you been :?: Did you get your season tickets :?: If not I'll be up at the AZ game with an extra ticket. I'll cut you a good deal on. Let me know if your interested :!:
    GO VIKINGS GO !!!! AND THE PACK STILL BLOWS !!!!!!

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

In Mankato

CVG

Please give updates if you can.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

In Mankato

Ya give us a fat report come monday now you hear!!!! :angryfire:

JK man, it would be nice to see what happens at training camp. Just keep a close eye on the rookies especially udeze.

Thanks man. :lol:
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

In Mankato

Well, I just got back to the motel. Some of the girls at Mettler's were HOT tonight. (If you guys come to training camp, you have to stop by Mettler's at night. My friend from MN took me there a long time ago. It's very tit-tilating and its a great time).

As for the Vikings, I went to the opening ceremonies on Friday night and for Saturday's morning practice. I had the opportunity to speak very briefly with Red McCombs and get his autograph. The only player I got an autograph from so far was Kelly Campbell. I could have probably gotten some autographs Friday night but many of the players were in a hurry to get back to the dorm (which is fine with me). But Culpepper, Bennett and Udeze signed a few for the fans before leaving.

At the Opening Ceremony, Coach Tice said the team only has two goals. The first is to win the NFC North and the second ,of course, is to win the Super Bowl. I really believe that the 2004 Vikings are very serious in meeting these goals.

"VIKE58" wrote:
    "CVGVIKE" wrote:
    Hey CVG how you been :?: Did you get your season tickets :?: If not I'll be up at the AZ game with an extra ticket. I'll cut you a good deal on. Let me know if your interested :!:
    Yep, Tim, I am now a proud season ticket holder!! I plan on making it up for the preseason game against the f***in' Cardinals. I expect that the Vikings will show Mr. Poole what hole he can stick his Key to GB in..lol.

Speaking of the Packers, I noticed there are several GB fans around here. I guess they realize that our Vikes are going to be the Super Bowl Champs so they came out to see them in action. They are also helping the Mankato economy. The Cheeseheads aren't all bad. Most of them are good people. They're just a bit misguided. But its good to see them come to terms with the reality that this is the year of the Vikings!

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

"CVGVIKE" wrote:
    "VIKE58" wrote:
    "CVGVIKE" wrote:
    Yep, Tim, I am now a proud season ticket holder!! I plan on making it up for the preseason game against the f***in' Cardinals. I expect that the Vikings will show Mr. Poole what hole he can stick his Key to GB in..lol.

Speaking of the Packers, I noticed there are several GB fans around here. I guess they realize that our Vikes are going to be the Super Bowl Champs so they came out to see them in action. They are also helping the Mankato economy. The Cheeseheads aren't all bad. Most of them are good people. They're just a bit misguided. But its good to see them come to terms with the reality that this is the year of the Vikings!
    Did they actually admit that its our year. I can tell you for one thing that i prolly would never tell a packer fan its their year to win it all or even the divison.

Good report on training camp thought. Hope to hear about more later on.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

In Mankato

This is my last day in Mankato and I will be there for the afternoon practice. Yesterday was a good day and for where I was standing I got a good look at the O and D lines. They were working on positioning and movement (DL with the DL and OL with the OL). I also did pretty well with getting some more autographs from Moe Williams, Darren Bennett, Mike Tice, Michael Bennett and one of the players I wanted to see the most, Corey Chavous. I told Corey that he was awesome last season and he told me thanks and that this season he will be even better. That was my personal highlight of training camp. Hopefully, I can have a moment with Hovan and Culpepper but even if I don't it was great seeing some of my favorite players. Also, concerning Darren Bennett, the punter who is from Down Under, he was really first class. But I hear most Aussies are the most friendliest people on Earth.

Also I just read on www.vikings.com that Thomas has been signed. It looks like this will be a huge year for the Viking Nation.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

In Mankato

I actually hung out with an Aussie this weekend!! He was a great guy, very interesting and smart as hell!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast