Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Making History

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

Making History

well, we were not the first team to be 8-8 in the playoffs and win (Rams beat us by a day) but we are part of the history that says don't count out teams hungry in the playoffs. We have a great chance to make history next week by being the 1st 8-8 team to get to the NFC championship!

We match up very well to the Eagles, without TO. Gee, even shaw can cover Pinkston. Key on containing McNabb and not giving up a big play to Westbrook will seal this deal.

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

Making History

the vikings also commited 10 penalties for 70 yds vs. philly. cut down on the mistakes. that will help seal the deal for sure. if you have nfl network they are showing the phi/vikes games from week two at 9pm tonight.

little redhead is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Making History

"PAvikesfan" wrote:
    well, we were not the first team to be 8-8 in the playoffs and win (Rams beat us by a day) but we are part of the history that says don't count out teams hungry in the playoffs. We have a great chance to make history next week by being the 1st 8-8 team to get to the NFC championship!

We match up very well to the Eagles, without TO. Gee, even shaw can cover Pinkston. Key on containing McNabb and not giving up a big play to Westbrook will seal this deal.
    Hopefully the vikings go over to the eagles.com site and read the article written by Ron Jaworski or Jaws whatever his name is. He pretty much gives the vikings no chance just like nobody did this weekend. Hopefully some of the vikes read that and take offense to it like they did this past weekend. I have no doubt we can win if they show up for the game like they showed up against the pack. We almost beat the Eagles once this year with T.O. in the lineup we basically shot ourselves in the foot and beat ourselves. If they come out fired up at the eagles game like they did this past weekend I like our chances.

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

Making History

the vikes score 14 unanswered points again this week to start the game, the eagles will crumble just like they did against the Stealers. Stealers scored a crazy amount of points fast, picked off McNabb on the first O series and the Eagles were stunned. Vikes do the same and we are golden!

Making History

"PAvikesfan" wrote:
    the vikes score 14 unanswered points again this week to start the game, the eagles will crumble just like they did against the Stealers. Stealers scored a crazy amount of points fast, picked off McNabb on the first O series and the Eagles were stunned. Vikes do the same and we are golden!
    Agreed if we score quick and hopefully first I will feel really good about this game. I think the main thing is to strike quick. If McNabb gets behind he too will throw some up and the way our guys were going after the ball we will come away with a couple interceptions.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Making History

Hi Little Redhead! Have not seen you on in awhile and I was wondering how you were doing.

TNT, has fallin in love with a Bears fan, please do not say you hooked up with a Lions fan or even worse a Packer fan.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Making History

"whackthepack" wrote:
    Hi Little Redhead! Have not seen you on in awhile and I was wondering how you were doing.

TNT, has fallin in love with a Bears fan, please do not say you hooked up with a Lions fan or even worse a Packer fan.
    No way... only vikings fans for me.....I have been really busy at work so haven't had much time to post. I have a happiness hangover today though after the incredible win yesterday.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Making History

Also changing recent history.

They said we couldn't win outdoors
    They said we couldn't win on the road.
    They said we couldn't win when it counted.
    They said we didn't have heart.

We did those things.

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Making History

And, we are only the second team in NFL history to win a playoff game in Lambeau. Never an easy task.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Making History

"little redhead" wrote:
    "PAvikesfan" wrote:

Hopefully the vikings go over to the eagles.com site and read the article written by Ron Jaworski or Jaws whatever his name is. He pretty much gives the vikings no chance just like nobody did this weekend. Hopefully some of the vikes read that and take offense to it like they did this past weekend. I have no doubt we can win if they show up for the game like they showed up against the pack. We almost beat the Eagles once this year with T.O. in the lineup we basically shot ourselves in the foot and beat ourselves. If they come out fired up at the eagles game like they did this past weekend I like our chances.
    Yeah I read that article too, Jaws makes some good points but like you say it all depends on which Vikings team shows up.

Crowd impact is another thing....the Lambeau crowd had to cheer their team from behind the entire game. You KNOW the Eagles fans are pumped and ready to see their team in the playoffs and they will be very loud...our guys have to strike early and get a turnover right away.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast