Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    rodidle is offline Waterboy

Re: Making the case for Childress

Childress has absolutely no imagination.
    He has not shown one bit of ability to make halftime adjustments.
    The few times I have seen the team play, he does not seem to have the ability to fire them up when needed.
    Now this team is still doing things that they did before BC showed up.
    They cannot put the nail in the coffin when they have a team down.
    They cannot run time off the clock at the end of the game when they have a lead.
    They don't seem to have anyone who can step up and make a play.
    This has been going on for at least 4 years or more.

So you can't blame Childress for this.
    However, no real changes are seen.
    He was supposed to be this disciplinarian, but they are still the most penalized team in the NFL.
    One more year...that's all he should get.
    Draft a QB and CB and do something with the offense coaching staff.
    LOSE THE WESTCOAST OFFENSE!!!!
    Just my two cents.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"rodidle" wrote:
    Childress has absolutely no imagination.
    He has not shown one bit of ability to make halftime adjustments.
    The few times I have seen the team play...
    And that's where you lost me.
    If you have only seen the team play a few times, then you're just regurgitating shit that you have heard from others...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Childress inherited a 9-7 team.

Lost one player to FA Corey Chavous. Traded our "Franchise QB" Daunte Culpepper.

Brought in his own system despite the fact he knew we did not have the correct personel to run it, but it looks to me you would need Joe Montana, the best offensive line you can put together,Jerry Rice, Cris Carter, Randy Moss, and Barry Sanders to run it.

Cut our two best receivers, even if one did deserve it and was suspended for the year anyway.

Had the worst year of playcalling I have ever seen in my life.

Has a "total lack of communication" with his players.

Refuses to take suggestions and make changes to the offense, which hasn't worked for 17 weeks, but we still stuck with it.

Called his system a "kick ass offense" in a press conference.

Claimed to be a disciplinarian, but managed to make our team the most penalized in the NFL.

But he did do four good thing. He hired Mike Tomlin,signed Chester Taylor, drafted Tarvaris Jackson, and signed Steve Hutchinson.

Mike Tomlin: Led a near record setting rush defense, and took a pass defense with 22 interceptions the year before to #32 in the NFL(please go back to man coverage).

Tomlin turned our underperforming LB corps into a solid hardnose group of young guys who are playing together cohesively for the first time, and hopefully for a long time.

We should give Childress the can. I don't care if he's a first year head coach he has 25+ of coaching experience and should not take a 9-7 potentially explosive offensive powerhouse with a rebuilt defense to a 6-10 bore of a team. He has to go, if Tice deserved to be fired for a 9-7 year after starting 5-2, Childress should be fired for taking the best coachless team to a 6-10 record and making absolutely no changes throughout the season. He is the worst coach in the NFL no doubt about it, and don't try to tell me Art Shell is, if Shell were coaching the group we have we would be in the playoffs.

P.S
    The NFL needs full time officials. They're killing the Niners.

Purplemania is offline Asst. Coach

If we lose Tomlin, I will be major p.i.s.s.
    Because I'm a Vikings fan, they are that much sexier.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "darkflood" wrote:
    His total lack of imagination on offense is VERY old now too. He played T Jack today like he was Brad Johnson. When the game was completely out of hand and there was no way we could win, he cut the offense loose and what happened? Two TD's in a matter of minutes. We all want to see what the rookie can do, but with the season being totally lost and the chike chain being put on Tarvaris, is that really a good indicator?
    He didn't let the offense loose. The rams went into prevent to run the clock down...
    Exactly.
    People were trying to say the same thing about TJ after the Jets game.
    Do people just not understand what a prevent defense is, does, or looks like?
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "darkflood" wrote:
    His total lack of imagination on offense is VERY old now too. He played T Jack today like he was Brad Johnson. When the game was completely out of hand and there was no way we could win, he cut the offense loose and what happened? Two TD's in a matter of minutes. We all want to see what the rookie can do, but with the season being totally lost and the chike chain being put on Tarvaris, is that really a good indicator?
    He didn't let the offense loose. The rams went into prevent to run the clock down...
    Exactly.
    The prevent, LMAO.
    Some people.

"Mr" wrote:
    Childress inherited a 9-7 team.

Lost one player to FA Corey Chavous. Traded our "Franchise QB" Daunte Culpepper.

Brought in his own system despite the fact he knew we did not have the correct personel to run it, but it looks to me you would need Joe Montana, the best offensive line you can put together,Jerry Rice, Cris Carter, Randy Moss, and Barry Sanders to run it.

Cut our two best receivers, even if one did deserve it and was suspended for the year anyway.

Had the worst year of playcalling I have ever seen in my life.

Has a "total lack of communication" with his players.

Refuses to take suggestions and make changes to the offense, which hasn't worked for 17 weeks, but we still stuck with it.

Called his system a "kick jiggly butt offense" in a press conference.

Claimed to be a disciplinarian, but managed to make our team the most penalized in the NFL.

But he did do four good thing. He hired Mike Tomlin,signed Chester Taylor, drafted Tarvaris Jackson, and signed Steve Hutchinson.

Mike Tomlin: Led a near record setting rush defense, and took a pass defense with 22 interceptions the year before to #32 in the NFL(please go back to man coverage).

Tomlin turned our underperforming LB corps into a solid hardnose group of young guys who are playing together cohesively for the first time, and hopefully for a long time.

We should give Childress the can. I don't care if he's a first year head coach he has 25+ of coaching experience and should not take a 9-7 potentially explosive offensive powerhouse with a rebuilt defense to a 6-10 bore of a team. He has to go, if Tice deserved to be fired for a 9-7 year after starting 5-2, Childress should be fired for taking the best coachless team to a 6-10 record and making absolutely no changes throughout the season. He is the worst coach in the NFL no doubt about it, and don't try to tell me Art Shell is, if Shell were coaching the group we have we would be in the playoffs.

P.S
    The NFL needs full time officials. They're killing the Niners.
    I totally agree with everything you said.

And I'm sick of hearing that he's a first time coach..he has shown all season that he's extremely resistant to changing the way he has things set up, therefore he won't learn from his mistakes. He'll make mistakes and ignore them because he's so damn stubborn and set in his ways. I understand a team needs discipline, but like you said - where is the discipline if you're the most penalized team in the NFL? There's more to discipline than just benching them for getting into off-field trouble. He's single-minded. I say let Tomlin give it a try.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "darkflood" wrote:
    Exactly.
    They weren't playing a prevent. If you're up by that much you don't have to worry there is no possible way a team could make that many big plays that quickly, especially our team, therefore nothing to prevent, no need for the prevent in that situation it was just a soft zone in both of those games, and the defense didn't appear to be selling out on any plays.

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

Can we at least take this into consideration: With Tice we were the laughing stock of the NFL, sports radio topic fodder.

Now we're just another bad team.

We cleaned up all of the off the field problems and that is a start for sure.

Also I heard that Matt Birk loves the direction the team is going in from the announcer in todays game. That puts childress up a notch for me..
    id rather be a laughing stock and win games then be another losing boring team. even when we were a laughing stock we would throw it back in their faces by winning

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

If we are sitting in the same position next year than yes We should be serioulsy looking at Childress being gone. Until then he is our coach and I will support him as our coach. I just think the best is yet to come. and then we will all be sitting back laughing that we were even having this discussion

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast