Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Re: this makes me a lil uncomfortable with our O

Instead, Loney will carry a small, laminated play card and have his headset wired to Olson and Tice. On a typical play, Olson will call out the down, distance and hashmark. Tice might follow immediately with a general suggestion. Loney then will call the specific play to backup quarterback Brad Johnson, who will relay it to quarterback Daunte Culpepper.

Eeeshh! Can you say delay of game. Turn off your headset Daunte and call the game yourself.

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

"tastywaves" wrote:
    Instead, Loney will carry a small, laminated play card and have his headset wired to Olson and Tice. On a typical play, Olson will call out the down, distance and hashmark. Tice might follow immediately with a general suggestion. Loney then will call the specific play to backup quarterback Brad Johnson, who will relay it to quarterback Daunte Culpepper.

Eeeshh! Can you say delay of game. Turn off your headset Daunte and call the game yourself.
    yes...i can even smell the delay of games coming!

vegasvikingguy is offline Waterboy

What makes me uncomfortable is that the quarterback coach, Olson, is going to be calling the two minute drill. The most crtical part of the game and neither Tice nor Loney are calling the plays. It's gonna be called by Olson? It's reported that Olson will call the play, radio it Brad Johnson who will signal it in to Culpepper.

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

next season we can get a offensive coordinator since we have contract stability with Wilf here and through the draft and free agency our team will be improved even more.....
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Hey, lets let the season get going to see if this system works. It's only the first preseason game and everybody from the players, coaches to the play calling will all start to jell. They will find any wrinkles in the way they do things and iron them out. These guys have been around football most of their lives and you gotta' believe they will continue to improve..
    We beat the Chiefs, and are only gonna get better with time. skol...

Vikestand is offline Coordinator

some of you guys piss me off....Get over it...Our O will be fine....D's win championships...

By Pack93z

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to the other with no loss of enthusiasm"-Sir Winston Churchill

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

Is it just me, or was it you guys that were all over Linehan last year? It has been a while, I could be wrong. But what would it take for ya'll to be happy?
    I have have four bosses at work. There is no problem. I know who to take what to. The military has a hierarchy with a lotta bosses. No one is confused there. As long as each knows what they are doing, they will be fine.
    The key is, IF, and N.E. is doing the same thing this year, so it HAS to be right. =P. I can see problems, and I can see good sides. Ever wonder if Jerry Jones calls plays? It could be worse.

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

This new look for the coaches does not worry me yet. It seems that the transition may be smoother than if none of these guys ever worked together. Loney knows what Tice wants and it sounds like Tice is not going to question any calls made, just throw a play in here and there if he thinks it will work better in a certain situation, or if something he sees during game time. Let's hold out on the "chicken little" scenarios.

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

so you guys don't think that a team of 3 people are more powerful than one? what if one guy notices something that someone doesn't? i think this is great.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I don't think it will be bad for us. A gameplan is still a gameplan, IMO.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast