Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    8 OLB KHALIL MACK BUFFALO
    40 S HA’SEAN CLINTON-DIX ALABAMA
    72 QB JIMMY GAROPPOLO EASTERN ILLINOIS
    96 CB STANLEY JEAN- BAPTISTE NEBRASKA
    104 CB KEITH MCGILL UTAH
    136 RB DE’ANTHONY THOMAS OREGON

We draft Boyd with the next pick and address Guard ad Oline Debt later.

MY dream Draft. Two 6'3 corners, DAT, A QB and a Stud LB. Only thing we are missing is a NT, which we sign in FA from the Packer s.

The Supreme De'Anthony Thomas Highlights The Black Mamba - YouTube

Can you imagine Peterson and DAT flanking Jimmy Grap with Patterson Motioning down the line. Things that keep DCs up at night.
    Love the HaHa and DAT picks. I have a hard time seeing both corners being available. McGill's stock is on the rise after the Senior Bowl. If we could get both of them that would be sweet.

I'm not sold on Garopolo, but I don't hate the idea. Seems like a promising QB from everything I read.

Mine looked like this:
    R1 OT JAKE MATTHEWS
    TEXAS A&M
    R2 S HA’SEAN CLINTON-DIX
    ALABAMA
    R3 ILB CHRISTIAN JONES
    FLORIDA STATE
    R3 DE JACKSON JEFFCOAT
    TEXAS
    R4 WR BRANDON COLEMAN
    RUTGERS

I really couldn't pass up Matthews when he fell to 8. That's a steal. With him and Kalil as bookends, we could bump Loadholt inside and turn him into a beast of a road grader and nose tackle eliminating down-blocker. That's a hell of an o-line.

Christian Jones in round 3 seems impossible. That's a huge upgrade for the LB corps. A no-brainer. Florida state used him as a pass rusher a lot this season, so he should be a good blitzer for Zimmer to move around.

Jeffcoat is a little bit light, but that's obviously fixable. He's smooth and quick off the edge. I mentioned in a different thread that a lot of Seattle's defensive success comes from their depth at DE. They rotate in guys with fresh legs constantly and beat people off the ball and around the edge.

Admittedly, I'm a little biased when it comes to Brandon Coleman. Many posters here know I went to Rutgers. But he's a damn good receiver. He's huge at 6'6" 230+ has soft hands, high points the ball. He was pretty banged up this season, but in 2012 he was crazy good. If he stuck around at Rutgers for one more season and had success in their first season in the Big Ten, he could have been a first or second round pick. I feel like the Vikes could use a big red zone target to compliment Rudolph.

I'm not sure why Joe Webb can't be that guy. His size, athleticism, hand size and leaping ability would make you think that he'd be a very good jump ball receiver. I'm curious what Turner and the rest of the new offensive coaches want to do with him. He's a free agent though, so they may not have much opportunity to test him out. I have a strange feeling that he's going to end up in New England.

I regret not taking a QB, but Garoppolo, McCarron, Murray, Shaw and Savage are still on the board in my scenario.

Dibbzz is offline Starter
    Here's mine. Wouldn't this be the shit if this ever happened?

QB JOHNNY MANZIEL
    TEXAS A&M

S CALVIN PRYOR
    LOUISVILLE

DT DOMINIQUE EASLEY
    FLORIDA

CB STANLEY JEAN- BAPTISTE
    NEBRASKA

CB TERRANCE MITCHELL
    OREGON

RB STORM JOHNSON
    UCF

ILB DEDE LATTIMORE
    SOUTH FLORIDA

S VINNIE SUNSERI
    ALABAMA

i_bleed_purple is online now Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I just did top 3 rounds, as I'm not very familiar with players past there, but wound up with 3 Bama players (2 defense, who have a history of playing together, which would be great)

R1
    ILB C.J. MOSLEY ALABAMA (Mack was off the board, fills a hole and provides an immediate starter)
    R2
    S HA’SEAN CLINTON-DIX ALABAMA (Another immediate starter to play along Smith)
    R3
    QB A.J. MCCARRON ALABAMA (Solution at QB)
    R3
    DT DAQUAN JONES PENN STATE (Starter at NT alongside Floyd)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dibbzz View Post
    Here's mine. Wouldn't this be the shit if this ever happened?

QB JOHNNY MANZIEL
    TEXAS A&M
    Any draft taking Manziel that high is shit, not "The Shit"

Blog Entries
    I have a feeling there will be a huge run on QBs. I think Bortles, Manziel, Bridewater, and Carr could all go first round. AJ, Garropalo, Mettenberger could all go 2nd round. There are going to be guys reaching at QB way early, we need to make sure that's not us.

vikesrgreat2 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    I tried the seven-round mock draft, and this is who I picked for the Vikings:

Round 1 (#8) - OLB Khalil Mack, Buffalo (BPA at a position of need)

Round 2 (#40) - S Ha'Sean Clinton-Dix, Alabama (put him with Harrison Smith to solve our problems at safety)

Round 3 (#72) - QB Zach Mettenberger, LSU (best+value QB with a strong arm - upgrade from who we have now on the roster)

Round 3 (#96) - DE Jackson Jeffcoat, Texas (this is a needed pick if Jared Allen leaves the team. Father Jim Jeffcoat played for the Cowboys!)

Round 4 (#104) - CB Jaylen Watkins, Florida (a new CB to compete with others on the roster)

Round 5 (#136) - QB Aaron Murphy, Georgia (QB is a MAJOR problem on the roster! Third-round value in the fifth round! Cassel, Mettenberger, and Murray seems to fix the problem at QB, once and for all.)

Round 6 (#168) - RB DeAnthony Thomas, Oregon (He can be our version of Darren Sproles or Dexter McCluster. Adds speed to the team!)

Round 7 (#200) - WR Matt Hazel, Coastal Carolina (best available player at a position of need. Will he make the roster?)

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    hehe...too much fun!! Here's my defense first mock...same QB, Garappolo with our 4th round pick!?

1. Darqueze Dennard, possibly the best CB in this draft!?
    2. Haha Clinton Dix, S...could be an awesome combo with Smith (tho I'm not totally against giving Sendejo a chance to start with him either)
    3. Will Sutton, DT from Arizona (Compares to Geno Atkins, good strength but slightly short for DT, but that may provide a leverage advantage if use correctly)
    3. Marcus Smith, DE Good strength, size and speed. Probably go earlier to a 3-4 team.
    4. The QB

Top notch potential at the parts needed for a quick turn around on the worst pass defense in the league...and, still getting a project QB with good potential. I don't think he will really last this long, but it sure looks good now.

The thing with QBs is, there are only so many teams looking for one, and once they draft that one, they're usually out of the market. Most teams already have a starter and a backup they're happy with. A few other teams may be looking to the future, like Andy Reid always does, but after the top guys go, the rest sit and wait.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    1-Dennard
    2-Mettenberger
    the rest of the draft- just draft good talent, If there is a good player available we are probably needing depth at that position.

drewlovs is offline Pro-Bowler
    Give it a month, and you might see this whole draft turn on its head due to Seattle's win. Defensive players might start getting bumped up, and the QB our coaches want might be there for the taking.

At this point, you might even see teams like Jacksonville and Cleveland going with the QB they have and stacking defense; bottom rung teams always seem to make decisions that keep them there. I'm betting (HOPING!!) that our team doesn't fall into that category.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.
    ~Napoleon Bonaparte

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    I just did top 3 rounds, as I'm not very familiar with players past there, but wound up with 3 Bama players (2 defense, who have a history of playing together, which would be great)

R1
    ILB C.J. MOSLEY ALABAMA (Mack was off the board, fills a hole and provides an immediate starter)
    R2
    S HA’SEAN CLINTON-DIX ALABAMA (Another immediate starter to play along Smith)
    R3
    QB A.J. MCCARRON ALABAMA (Solution at QB)
    R3
    DT DAQUAN JONES PENN STATE (Starter at NT alongside Floyd)
    McCarron in the 3rd? He was still on the board in the 5th in my draft

8 OLB ANTHONY BARR UCLA

40 DT RA’SHEDE HAGEMAN MINNESOTA

72 DE CHRIS SMITH ARKANSAS

96 CB JAYLEN WATKINS FLORIDA

104 QB JIMMY GAROPPOLO EASTERN ILLINOIS

136 RB JEREMY HILL LSU

168 CB BENNETT JACKSON NOTRE DAME

200 WR JALEN SAUNDERS OKLAHOMA

I could do this shit all day long haha
    Last edited by 2beersTommy; 02-04-2014 at 02:43 PM.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast