Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by gamecocksbaseball31 View Post
    If you go back to what you WERE arguing, you didn't say anything about the pick 2 years from now. Pretty huge difference.
    I specifically referred to our trade for Walker, the Raiders trade for Palmer (and other stupid dealings) and the Redskins trade for RGIII; no, I did not lay out every pick the Rams got, but then, I didn't think I had to. I also didn't go over our debacle, mainly because I become sick to my stomach when I think about it.

That being said, I'm glad I was able to clarify my assertion, since I knew there was a disconnect somewhere. I just thought saying "A Redskin's type deal for RGIII" would be understood as everything the Redskins gave up to get RGIII.
    Last edited by drewlovs; 04-14-2014 at 01:22 PM.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by gamecocksbaseball31 View Post
    If you go back to what you WERE arguing, you didn't say anything about the pick 2 years from now. Pretty huge difference.
    Just some food for thought for both of you, there is an old saying - "You never win a pissing contest with a skunk!!" You guys might want to bury this debate, just a thought, carry on.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

I hope this isn't arguing, I didn't think it was. I just made a post that was a bit confusing, and had to clarify a few times is all. If I had written my original post a little better, I don't think there would have been any back and forth about it to begin with.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Wow! You gotta be kidding me!? If we landed a draft like this I might not take off my horned helm for weeks!

8 QB BLAKE BORTLES
    CENTRAL FLORIDA
    40 ILB C.J. MOSLEY
    ALABAMA
    72 C MARCUS MARTIN
    USC
    96 RB BISHOP SANKEY
    WASHINGTON
    108 CB RASHAAD REYNOLDS
    OREGON STATE

Bortles or Mathews were the BPA and I just had to grab the QB with our long running long term need at the position and his fit for Norv's system. But if Bortles wasn't there and Mathews was, I might grab him and play him at LG and improve running lanes for AP big time and our pass blocking by a chunk. Also, never a bad thing to have OL who can play multiple positions in a pinch. On that same line, scoring MM in the third would be HUGE for whoever is playing QB.

Mosley at 40!? Maybe, there's been some rumors of him slipping. But landing our QB of the Defense and Offense 1-2 like than might be the kind of draft that turns a franchise's fortune around for a while!

Even Sankey and Reynolds look like steals at those picks. Sankey is ridiculously strong and a good blocker with decent, 4.5 speed, and Reynolds is a former wrestler who likes to stuff the run.

Wow. Goona be fun to see how this draft shakes out!!

SKOL VIKINGS!!!!! GET THIS DRAFT RIGHT!!!!!!!!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Paul Simpson is offline Waterboy
    DT AARON DONALD
    PITTSBURGH
    QB ZACH METTENBERGER
    LSU
    ILB CHRIS BORLAND
    WISCONSIN
    RB BISHOP SANKEY
    WASHINGTON
    G CHRIS WATT
    NOTRE DAME

my four rounds, first go. Mack, Barr, Clowny and all 3 top QB off the board, no option to trade down so went with Donald.

Don't think pick is so bad as the fresher you keep the D line the more effort they can put in on each down.

Think Mettenberger might be my number one qb pick anyway although think Bortles has good upside and would fit with Norv.

gamecocksbaseball31 is offline Hall of Famer
    This mock was contingent on a couple things... First, the trade down.

We trade down somewhere in the teens and get an extra second in return.
    Secondly, we use our extra second and one of the thirds to get back into first round.

1 HaHa Clinton-Dix
    1 (trade back into first with extra 2nd and 3rd) Justin Gilbert or Darqueze Dennard (both were here)
    2 gabe Jackson G Miss St
    3 Stephen Tuitt
    4th Martavis Bennett WR Clemson
    5th Aaron Murray
    6th Devon Kennard OLB USC
    7th Jeremy Gallon WR Mich or Connor Shaw

Could really solidify the secondary for the next ten years.

Rage4Order is offline Rookie
    I did a 4 rd draft. thought it came out pretty good. Hit my Defense early with some good picks.

8. Aaron Donald Dt Pitt
    40. Ryan Shazier LB Ohio State
    72. Terrence Brooks S Florida State
    96. Tom Savage QB Pitt
    108. Zach Mettenberger QB LSU

Loved having Shazier at 40. Then got 2 QBs that I think fit what Norv does. One of them has to work.
    Last edited by Rage4Order; 04-27-2014 at 05:16 PM.

I'm having real troubles with the simulator right now...
    Walterfootball says the Browns will take Marquis Lee at 3. DUH!!
    DraftTV had Clowney falling to us at 8... DUH!!
    OurLads had Anthony Barr going NUMBER ONE OVERALL.

Kinda tough to believe anything that comes up when you get those types of results...

QFFL is offline Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by drewlovs View Post
    I'm having real troubles with the simulator right now...
    Walterfootball says the Browns will take Marquis Lee at 3. DUH!!
    DraftTV had Clowney falling to us at 8... DUH!!
    OurLads had Anthony Barr going NUMBER ONE OVERALL.

Kinda tough to believe anything that comes up when you get those types of results...
    Because there is no consensus top prospects this year. It will be very challenging for the GM to make the correct picks especially in the top 10.
    QFFL.com 2014 NFL Draft Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by QFFL View Post
    Because there is no consensus top prospects this year. It will be very challenging for the GM to make the correct picks especially in the top 10.
    I'll agree with that partially... but there is no way in HELL Lee goes before both Sammy Watkins and Mike Evans. Further, Barr before both Mack and Clowney? I could see Mack being picked over Clowney (I don't think it will happen, but I can see the argument), but BARR over both of them? Not a chance.

One last thing... Clowney MIGHT fall to 3 TOPS. I cannot see any legit scenario where Clowney is there for us at 8, though I would LOVE it if he did.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast