Wow! That is a fun page right there!! Thanks for sharing!!!
Originally Posted by gamecocksbaseball31
That would be an awesome draft...for defense! Only taking one QB and that late might not sit well with most fans tho...and, most mocks I'm seeing have your top 3 picks ALL going in the first round, but ya never know!?
My first try came out like this:
1. Khalil Mack, LB...pure BPA pick in my mind who improves run D, pass rush, and coverage mid field.
2. Jimmy Garappolo, QB...Slight reach maybe, but great numbers and high potential.
3. Kyle Fuller, CB..."Aversatile DB with the athleticism to cover and the aggressiveness to play the run."
3. Marcus Smith, DE...
In that mock, HaHa Clinton-Dix was still there at our 2nd pick and pairing him with Smith at Safety was too tempting, so I had to run another one and see how late I could go QB and still get one near the top of the 2nd tier...
1. Khalil Mack again
2. Hageman, DT MN...HaHa was gone this time, but grabbing the local kid with the frame to add more muscle and potential to dominate (albeit with more focus) at this point would probably be an absolute steal.
3. Stanley Jean-Baptiste, CB improvement is a must for us. From CBS "COMPARES TO: Brandon Browner, Seattle Seahawks - Like Browner, Jean-Baptiste combines size, ball skills and surprising fluidity to intrigue as a super-sized cornerback." An excellent pick here and the QB market has not changed since Carr went to the Cardinals at pick 20 in the first round.
3. Garappolo, QB...LAST pick of the 3rd, and Mettenberger was still there too. I was thinking about grabbing him with our next pick, early 4th, but JAGs grabbed him 3 picks before ours. Murrey, McCarron, Smith, Fales, Boyd are all still on the board. Point is, if we're not really, really stoked on the QB we take in the 2nd or 3rd, we can back him up with another similar project a round or two later, and roughly double our chances of one of them working out pretty well.
4. Jackson Jeffcoat, DE from Texas...the 4th has been good for us for finding DEs, and there are still a bunch of QBs left to choose from.
We land a good project QB who can sit behind Cassell or McCown or ??? for a year AND we improve all three levels of our defense with top prospects with very high ceilings!! This would be an incredible draft and a BIG step toward a strong, young team.
Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!
"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot