Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Make room on the Bandwagon.....

...'cuz I'm coming on board!

Yes, believe it or not, now I am a Viking fan. For the rest of the year only of course, don't get the wrong idea. Naturally next year I'll be wanting to see my Packers stomp the Vikings flat, but for now I'd much rather see your team win the Superbowl than anyone else, and my passion for the game will almost match what it would be were it the Packers playing.

You see, despite me wanting to see your team beaten and humiliated every time we play each other--much like you did to us today--I actually root for the Vikings in virtually every game they play. I watch a lot of football, perhaps more than is good for me, and see at least half of each week's games--simultaneously of course some of the time. I must admit sometimes for strategic purposes I'll hope the Vike's lose to better our position in the standings so we'll get homefield advantage but am now wondering if I should re-think that strategy as well. It's really weird, but lately the Pack has had much more luck in the dome than we've had in Lambeau. Mike Sherman has built a team more suited for domes than the outside. Look at our recent games, in the Twinkiedome we've been ahead most of the game the last three times, and you had to come back to make a game of it, in Lambeau we've been behind almost all game, pulling two out due to fortious calls and remarkable plays at the exact right moment--not a position you should put yourself in.

At any rate, I must root for the Vikings now. It's like this Big Ten thing that permeates much of Wisconsin. We wanna see Michigan and Ohio State mashed up every week--except the week the play their Bowl Game and then they're on our side. It validates our personal struggle more in my opinion if the other is a team worth beating--and hating. I've no interest in belting about a hapless 6-10 team every year, like we do to the Pathetic Bears virtually every year. That's no fun, I like the rare campaigns like '01 when they went 13-3, yet lost two of those to the Packers. That is far more satisfying, I assure you. That's why you must win the Superbowl---then the Packers can enjoy the satisfaction of sweeping the NFL Champions next year, breaking your purple little Viking hearts and allowing us all to retort "FLUKE!!!" while you pedantically remind us that with their one (hypothetical of course--'Championship' being a foreign word to Minnesota football fans) SB win, they have won as many games that were called "Super Bowls" at the time as the Packers have. (Super Bowl I & II were entitled "AFL-NFL World Championship Game" or somesuch, the monniker "Super Bowl" was never used until the Jet's-Colts matchup in January of '69 aka 'Superbowl III)

Another reason is I am a real football fan and the Vikings have one of the best uniforms, logos and mystique of the NFL. I love the Purple and Gold with the minimalist helmet horn. Very distinctive and stylish. I just ate up all those NFL Films with their Wagnerian chords when the Vikings were presented and being part Viking myself with ancestors from Denmark, I think the whole idea of the Minnesota Vikings is pretty cool.

I also lived amongst you for a while, I went to The University of Minnesota-Duluth for two years before going back to the UW. I really enjoyed my stay, but could have done without the 36.9 inches of snow you dumped on me starting on Halloween of all times in 1991. It started snowing on a Thursday on the last day of OCTOBER and didn't stop until Saturday when there was three feet of snow on the ground, as that was the last (can you imagine why?) year opposite side parking started on November First in Duluth meaning cars got snowed in on both sides of the street in a town built by drunken Viking miners on a goddamn bluff with streets that look like something out of West Virginia. I worked part-time delivering pizzas in college and I worked through this, only getting Friday off after we closed up when a pizza was picked up by a snowmobiler. There was this insane street called"Martha Street' where I had to bomb a seven-way intersection--they have these in Duluth!!!--to get the momentum to make it all the way to the top for some delieveries. And I did it--crazy stupid college kid--and made it every time.

I also got to meet your 'Purple People-Eaters' at the Miller Hill Mall while I was up there. Alan Page, Jim Marshall, Carl Eller, Gary Larson and Doug Sutherland I think the last guy's name was, showed up and I ran into them on accident not design and it was a magical moment. I then realized what a tragedy it was they didn't win a Super Bowl. I later became engrossed in analyzing football statistics and noticed how truly dominant that defense was--the best of all time in fact, over an extended period and by year as well.

So, please take down Philly, exorcize your ghosts in Atlanta and perhaps with Pittsburgh as well. You're by far and away the best NFL 'story' left with a shot at the Super Bowl. To win one as the underdog would be especially sweet.

Go Vikes go!!!

:-)
    "He either fears his fate too much,
    Or his deserts are small,
    Who dares not put it to the touch,
    To win or lose it all. "

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Sorry, I would NEVER jump on the Pac's bandwagon! Yuck!!! Pick another team please.

VikesFan111 is offline Rookie

wow

zeppelin4534 is offline Rookie

ARE YOU INSANE? what the hell are you talking about? you're jumping from the pack to the vikings, i mean, i always would like to see more viking fans, but wow, youre really really really stupid, im sorry. god i cant even fathom someone doing something so stupid.

And you call yourself a Packers fan? I actually feel bad for the Packers. And you for typing so much nonsense! :roll:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    And you call yourself a Packers fan? I actually feel bad for the Packers. And you for typing so much nonsense! :roll:
    Nah, I just love football and had a few drinks watching the game, nevermind.

I don't think you have to hate the Vikings to love the Packers, I think that's kinda weird myself. Bears fans think that way, and we're both a cut above them I would hope....

;-)
    To win or lose it all. "

"Frozen Tundran" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Nah, I just love football and had a few drinks watching the game, nevermind.

I don't think you have to hate the Vikings to love the Packers, I think that's kinda weird myself. Bears fans think that way, and we're both a cut above them I would hope....

;-)
    Well at least we can agree on one thing!

"zeppelin4534" wrote:
    ARE YOU INSANE? what the hell are you talking about? you're jumping from the pack to the vikings, i mean, i always would like to see more viking fans, but wow, youre really really really stupid, im sorry. god i cant even fathom someone doing something so stupid.
    Who the hell do you expect me to root for? The Goddamn Eagles? Yuck! The Martzian Rams? The Fluttery Falcons? Bleech!

I'm addicted to football, I gotta root for someone when I watch though--it's in my blood. We're out of it and I gotta pick someone 'cuz I gotta watch the rest of the games--it's my fix. This year it's gonna be the Vikings, as diststeful as that might be to you, me being a degenerate Packer Fan and all.
    :-)
    To win or lose it all. "

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

no way in heck

Ok this guy must not be a true Packers fan then cause no "Packers" fan in their right mind would even consider rooting for the Vikings under any circumstance. I know that I would probably kill myself before i rooted for the Pack (well that's a little exreme) but you know what i mean.

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

truvikefan is offline Training Camp

Honestly if vikings were out and pack was going up agaisnt atlanta like they would have i would go for atlanta to win super bowl because i hate greenbay and Phily with a passion.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast